Games&Games

May 7, 2023
What is the difference between the normal download and the Before the Tech Update (v0.20.16) download, I saw that in normal there is no images folder and other folders do not appear either?

Fayrus

Jul 22, 2017
how is the lower iQ here, the genius trying to explain to the lower iQ guy what he cannot understand, or the lower iQ guy asking the question over a situation he cannot understand?

==check mate
You logic has no flaws, I cannot argue with that. I tip my hat to you, good Sir.

• Haha
Reactions: DownTheDrain

Ryuukun

Jan 18, 2018
What is the difference between the normal download and the Before the Tech Update (v0.20.16) download, I saw that in normal there is no images folder and other folders do not appear either?

The "normal" download is the new Uber 2 year worth of work mega Tech Update preview. (stripped of 90% of its content)
The other one, is the 'old' version of the game. (but with all it's content)

Reactions: Hajtand

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Normal download:
<5% of the content
widescreen
10x+ faster loading screens
no audio

Before tech update
100% of the content
4:3 aspect ratio
very slow loading screen
has audio

Reactions: GoneHunting

mattius77

May 16, 2017
There was plenty of time to back down and if he really didn't want to continue on his spaghetti code there was always the opportunity to do a Summertime Saga 1.5. To take such an old well-loved project that is nearing the finish line and deciding to "rewrite the whole codebase" reeks not of incompetence/ignorance but more scummy/greedy action.
Full disclosure: I am not a coder. I do not pretend to know coding even at an enthusiast level of understanding.

But I do know game development, specifically the business side of AAA publishing. And I really wish people would stop saying SS is 'mismanaged' or similar turns of phrase, because that implies something didn't go as planned. Where, as an outside observer with the background I have, it seems the project has actually been 'managed' more or less as the developer intended. He's not developing a game, he's sustaining an ecosystem. And it would actually be a net bad for that system if the tech update was complete and worked right out of the box.

Last edited:

AinzOoal27

Jun 17, 2020
Guys, is it worth to play the new version I like to play this game with the incest mod and I haven’t played this game since version 19 or even 18

Reactions: Davai099

Vendovah

Nov 14, 2022
Guys, is it worth to play the new version I like to play this game with the incest mod and I haven’t played this game since version 19 or even 18
Not worth it at all, this update removed 95% of the content. Play the "old" 20.16 version if you want to see the content you missed, because there's probably not going to be anything new or worth downloading for another couple years at least. (If ever.)

Reactions: AinzOoal27

Asclepios

Jun 23, 2017
If I understood correctly, the technical update is almost finished.
Given that the graphics and scenario part is not started from scratch (I hope, otherwise the madness is even more... complete) we can hope for faster updates to find the pre-tech content, No ?

In the meantime, I will continue to be patient by playing other games. Because if SS was a precursor on lots of things, now there are plenty of games at its level.

• Sad
Reactions: Davai099

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
The "normal" download is the new Uber 2 year worth of work mega Tech Update preview. (stripped of 90% of its content)
The other one, is the 'old' version of the game. (but with all it's content)
Normal download:
<5% of the content
widescreen
10x+ faster loading screens
no audio

Before tech update
100% of the content
4:3 aspect ratio
very slow loading screen
has audio
Not worth it at all, this update removed 95% of the content. Play the "old" 20.16 version if you want to see the content you missed, because there's probably not going to be anything new or worth downloading for another couple years at least. (If ever.)
No new content. +90% of old content is removed. You decide.
For heaven's sake, why are you still answering them?

Full disclosure: I am not a coder. I do not pretend to know coding even at an enthusiast level of understanding.

But I do know game development, specifically the business side of AAA publishing. And I really wish people would stop saying SS is 'mismanaged' or similar turns of phrase, because that implies something didn't go as planned. Where, as an outside observer with the background I have, it seems the project has been actually been 'managed' more or less as the developer intended. He's not developing a game, he's sustaining an ecosystem. And it would actually be a net bad for that system if the tech update was complete and worked right out of the box.
My honest feeling is that everything is going as Darkcookie planned.

If I understood correctly, the technical update is almost finished.
NOPE - it's totally the opposite: if it were almost finished, they wouldn't have released anything.

we can hope for faster updates to find the pre-tech content, No ?
Well... No.

bigboi2923

Aug 24, 2018
What I dont get is that if he just wanted to never finish the game, why not just constantly add a few scenes here and there? Even something as banal as 3 scenes every 6 months + some a tech update wouldn't be as BS as what we have now

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes