DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
sometimes people wanna see if they're stuff could fly at all before investing more work. I guess that's fair
If their stuff could fly at all? The fuck?
This isn't a secret build for a new project, it's been around for 8 years, just with more content and slightly longer loading times. The tech update is supposedly over 2 years in the making so it would be a tad late for any trial balloons.

edit:
Just realized you quoted a post from 2016. Not sure why but I guess you can disregard my reply then.

Last edited:

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if he actually worked on this but spent a lot of time doing some dumb shit he'll never use, he used to do that A LOT, a few years ago when I was one of his stream moderators after he made the strip poker mini-game and scene with Tammy he spent months doing some assets for a more fleshed out strip poker mini-game featuring all the girls (and Erik, as a third wheel I guess), there's no trace of those assets in the last full update archives or in the tech demo archives aside from Mia's underwear.
Always thought that was supposed to be part of the dating minigame(presumably being inserted with the rest of the system...by the present timetable in around a decade)?

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if he actually worked on this but spent a lot of time doing some dumb shit he'll never use, he used to do that A LOT, a few years ago when I was one of his stream moderators after he made the strip poker mini-game and scene with Tammy he spent months doing some assets for a more fleshed out strip poker mini-game featuring all the girls (and Erik, as a third wheel I guess), there's no trace of those assets in the last full update archives or in the tech demo archives aside from Mia's underwear.
Man, that Strip Poker mini-game was kind of an interesting concept, just really far too shallow/quick...

Catkong80

Jan 18, 2018
Do people not know what tech build is for? The way they used to do things is outdated and now is the time for them to get it working properly. They had to rebuild the code from the ground up. It is all about optimization so when new updates come out it goes smoother.
2 years to rebuild the code on Ren'Py? The engine that already has 90% of the code done for them?

mattius77

May 16, 2017
As time has gone on I have come to appreciate the 'rebuild the code' line as the troll job it is. At first I thought it was the sincere self-criticism of an amateur developer who was in over their head when he created something that became way more popular and in-demand than anticipated. Now he's just plainly having a laugh. And I'm here for it.

Champinon

May 20, 2017
It's crystal clear that this update wasn't supposed to exist and the new updates system was made to avoid losing more subscribers due the lack of new content, I'm pretty sure it was made in a rush with a few scraps from the actual tech update that they surely intended to release as a whole by the end this year or early next year and released because their supporters were getting angry because they hadn't updated shit for two years.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes