Arap12

Aug 15, 2017
Four teachers get the one pass of 1 H scene and you also have the other things to tide you over if you do like I do and wait for other builds to build up the damn thing.
Geez man, the game is only what... 20% done and you're upset that it isn't faster? It's a marathon, not a sprint.
The fact that you don't want anything for the teachers besides the H scenes also tells me you're anxious for anything without the build up.
The gym lift is surprisingly more forgiving in 14.32 than it was before that so I can finally build up the strength requirements without breaking my laptop. The minigames give you things to do so that you're not going straight to the end of the game which I actually find appealing. I like to take my time on it.
And yes, I glanced at DC's streams and saw he was building more things like the factory where the mafia guys are. So he is expanding.
In regards to saves, people hate playing over and over again to get the same scenes over and over. It's why you get a bunch of people wanting saves. Add that up, and there's a lot of tinkering under the hood to make the gameplay experience better.
But that's just my take.
I'm not upset because it isn't fast, i'm upset because there's less content than before, i remember the mom and sister update being big with a lot of H-scenes and lewd stuff building it up to the H-scenes, the sister's storyline had an excellent build up (except for the dumb panties quest), but recently it has been a decline like 1 single scene for Eric's mom (excluding the Eric Threesome that really irks me) and a lot less buildup ,1 H-scene for Mia.
Example, the lewd yoga scene should have been done with Mrs Johnson, not the other girl.
SS is a great game with great potential and i don't want it to see it go wasted.
That's why i think there should be less new locations (at the moment) and more focus on the build up and H-scenes.
Polishing the H-scenes (animations) could happen later and DC could just do it like the Aunt Diane first scenes that was not animated, takes less time and he can draw more.
I don't care about locations that will have no content until the reserved character update , but about the actual update focus (ex:drawing the rooms and teachers home for "private tutoring")
People wants for its saves to be compatible so they don't have to restart each time and progress on. That's something that was asked since day 1.
Improvements would be re-enable rollback and a save editor to choose from the start.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well, if you introduce all the "good stuff" immediately there won't be any incentive for poeple to pledge later on. While it may sound good to finish a basic game and improve it later on, the very likely outcome would be that it would never be really finished in the end and that everybody (including DC) will move on as soon as the story is done. There are far too many mediocre games which are done fast and without any real ambition and I'm happy that SS is different in this aspect and I really hope that DC will never push content at the cost of actual drawing/animation quality.
As long as the patreon numbers are still rising there is really no need to push more and more h-content at the cost of actual story and quality.

And I'd disagree that there is less concent per update, it's just split between different characters. Mia's update basically included Mia, Helen and the nun, while Eric's update included Mrs. Johnson, June and Eric himself. Of course a single character will get more attention than 2 or 3.

Edit: And when it comes to new "early" locations I think it's important to remember that he likely does those to keep the streams running and keep his community happy - mostly when the update is more or less done and there's nothing else left to draw which wouldn't include spoilers.

Reactions: Samarstar

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I'm not upset because it isn't fast, i'm upset because there's less content than before, i remember the mom and sister update being big with a lot of H-scenes and lewd stuff building it up to the H-scenes, the sister's storyline had an excellent build up (except for the dumb panties quest), but recently it has been a decline like 1 single scene for Eric's mom (excluding the Eric Threesome that really irks me) and a lot less buildup ,1 H-scene for Mia.
Example, the lewd yoga scene should have been done with Mrs Johnson, not the other girl.
SS is a great game with great potential and i don't want it to see it go wasted.
That's why i think there should be less new locations (at the moment) and more focus on the build up and H-scenes.
Polishing the H-scenes (animations) could happen later and DC could just do it like the Aunt Diane first scenes that was not animated, takes less time and he can draw more.
I don't care about locations that will have no content until the reserved character update , but about the actual update focus (ex:drawing the rooms and teachers home for "private tutoring")
People wants for its saves to be compatible so they don't have to restart each time and progress on. That's something that was asked since day 1.
Improvements would be re-enable rollback and a save editor to choose from the start.
Dude, some of that screams nostalgia when the game has changed at least once every three months...

Mom and Sister had slow progression to culminate into what they have now along with the rework of mom while the Sister has a panty quest to slow down all the crazy corruption she's committing.

In terms of locations, Iunno what to tell ya. It's been expanding since the beginning to the point that they tell you what's under construction but it's not like it comes out of nowhere...

Finally, overall, if you focus too much on one character, you're likely to shoot a load about them then come up empty. I believe Mia is the strongest case of this. She didn't really get a rework, her mom did. And I'm already calling for a redo because there's some jumps in logic that I haven't seen since I played DnD with a Lawful Stupid Paladin.

T

TMWSTW

The way DC words it makes it sound like an update for a specific character will be the one and only so I empathize with the disappointment of the Mia and Mrs Johnson updates. HOWEVER, if every character gets a followup update somewhere down the line that fleshes out their stories (similar to the Mom update) I think that DC will make everyone happy. I do have to wonder if a character that doesn't get much interest in the polls/etc. (Judith or Ronda for example) will end up with only a single lackluster update with no followup (because that would really fucking suck).

LazyPanda

May 9, 2017
this game is a MASTERPIECE.
i really appreciate their works, it's awesome.
i don't care how long the development of a new version can take as long as they keep their quality & creativity.
and one more thing
anyone have a download link from DarkCookie LiveStreams? or it's gone?

--update--
just don't get me wrong community
feedbacks also helps to have a high quality product :)

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
anyone have a download link from DarkCookie LiveStreams? or it's gone?
You can watch the most recent ones on his picarto channel: (just click on "Recordings" below the avatar).

He once had a Youtube channel where he uploaded them but I think Youtube didn't like the content and deleted the whole thing.

Edit: The old stream recordings are actually still accessible ( ) he just doesn't upload new ones to Youtube anymore... and they are sadly without sound.

Reactions: LazyPanda
U

User_215882

Despite the lack of love for Judith (I don't care for her) I doubt shes not going to get a good amount of content when she does receive an update as will all the other characters. Right now DC just needs to keep on cranking out updates and then do follow ups to add more to each character. Right now the mom is pretty much done as will the sister come 15.5.

konterfaust

Aug 13, 2016
...he just doesn't upload new ones to Youtube anymore...
New ones are on Youtube too. Just the Wiki isn't up to date. But you can go directly to the Youtube playlist. The link to the playlist is on the wiki-page.

Youtube: /playlist?list=PLIv44qeovfuvK0LQlnNgizSynLOUgl8Dm

Reactions: Glork

Arap12

Aug 15, 2017
jenny is tsundere 100% she needs to show dere side more dammit.
indeed, that's why i hope the most for the 15.5 update, so the sis will get sweeter
(Don't think i'm doing because i like you,idiot but for the money)

- ZAIKO -

☁️
Donor
May 30, 2017
When I think I will have Ms.Dewitt's content, comes the possibility of only 2 teacher per update. Fuck my life.

U

User_215882

I don't think he is going to change her attitude that much if at all. Maybe his writer might suggest a slight change, but I doubt she becomes a sweet sister because I believe I remember him saying he doesn't want her to be. Just have to wait for 15.5.

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017

Save file compatibility:

One of the main complaint we've been receiving is the lack of compatibility with saved games across different game updates. We are aware that this is an issue and are working on a solution. We may have to revisit how the code handles parts of the game first, which may take some time. Once we clear those things, we may be able to find a way to make old saved games compatible with new releases. It won't be ready for 0.15, but hopefully in the near future.

-DC
I do enjoy this game but honestly it has too much content at this point to tolerate starting over again with every update. So this will be on my "check for updates but don't play" list until that issue is resolved going forward. Sad that will not be in .15, but it sure as hell better be "THE TOP PRIORITY" for .16, because it really is now unplayable without it. I just cannot bring myself to replay this much older content to get to anything new. I am honestly shocked that development in this game has gone this far without laying out the architecture to fix this issue a long time ago.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
indeed, that's why i hope the most for the 15.5 update, so the sis will get sweeter
(Don't think i'm doing because i like you,idiot but for the money)
what I hope the most for her update is... titfucking :heartcoveredeyes: :heartcoveredeyes:

Reactions: jackkane

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Dude, some of that screams nostalgia when the game has changed at least once every three months...

Mom and Sister had slow progression to culminate into what they have now along with the rework of mom while the Sister has a panty quest to slow down all the crazy corruption she's committing.

In terms of locations, Iunno what to tell ya. It's been expanding since the beginning to the point that they tell you what's under construction but it's not like it comes out of nowhere...

Finally, overall, if you focus too much on one character, you're likely to shoot a load about them then come up empty. I believe Mia is the strongest case of this. She didn't really get a rework, her mom did. And I'm already calling for a redo because there's some jumps in logic that I haven't seen since I played DnD with a Lawful Stupid Paladin.
The games not old enough to dismiss someone's criticism as nostalgia. Mom may have had progression but the major sister update was a huge amount of content which included building up sexual tension until the end.

Other updates have had lots of content but a lot of that involves back stories, that's fine I enjoy them but that normally means the sexy part is rushed. Yes you can go back and add more but a lot of the appeal has been lost. I would prefer one update of build up before you sleep with a character.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yes you can go back and add more but a lot of the appeal has been lost. I would prefer one update of build up before you sleep with a character.
Well, even if you read this board you'll see the excact opposite opinion (more H content per update, less "other things" etc.) just one page before this. In the end the community demands some H scenes per update, so given that both sides complain DC seems to have found a somewhat workable compromise.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
The games not old enough to dismiss someone's criticism as nostalgia. Mom may have had progression but the major sister update was a huge amount of content which included building up sexual tension until the end.

Other updates have had lots of content but a lot of that involves back stories, that's fine I enjoy them but that normally means the sexy part is rushed. Yes you can go back and add more but a lot of the appeal has been lost. I would prefer one update of build up before you sleep with a character.
Point me to where I dismissed a criticism as nostalgia. I merely pointed out that it's missing a lot of the issues that past updates have fixed, particularly with regard to how much the Sis and mom updates got built. My point is that both got built up and that we're only 20% of the way done with the entire game but looking back longingly as if these updates were great is a dangerous stance to take because you're taking shortcuts with the content itself.

And no, I don't agree that the sexy part is rushed. I think that people don't remember all the bugs and bad stuff which makes them remember things in a shorter time period than what they actually were.

CassidyPRO

Jul 6, 2017
Only 1 H scene for each teacher, i am truly dissapointed.
I'm not a fan of the animated scenes, if DC only focused on the H-scenes while ignoring the other stuff like minigames or locations that are empty with no stuff to do or girls to do, that stuff should be added later on.
WTH cares about the minigames when they are broken like the Gym lift.

I don't want to sound rude but DC is wasting time here on stuff that shouldn't be put in the game until later like the new locations.
Same thing for the save descriptions, this isn't what the game needs now, it needs more H-scenes for each character and save game compatibility, which is still far from being implemented
And what do you mean with "gameplay improvements"?

At least he has dropped the split choice system.
I agree on some parts. BUT, part of what DC is doing is ebcause of what ppl ask. Its not his fault if a lot of the fans are stupid enough to not be able to indentify their save files ( i never had a problem with it, i have a save before every important part of the game).

I duno if its easier to implement the minigames now in a dev perspective, but i sure as hell dont five a f*ck about them.

same goes for locations.. Maybe its because im not a dev. but i think its a waste of time to spend soo much time on locations that will have no importace AT ALL on the current update.

BUT. the game doesnt have less content. Its just that the content is spread through more than 1 character and the .5 builds were focused on expanding those updates, wich was more satisfying.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes