seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
I normally stay out of these kinds of conversations but your comment is just flat-out ridiculous. There are many devs who have release dates that they hit like clockwork. To act as if DC, one of the largest devs can't have a release date when it has been almost 4 months is not based in reality...
Them you did not understood what i meant to say,allow me rephrase it:if you cant do something in time dont announce it as it will be done(lets take DC example)SOON,if you do can make it happen and know this can be assured them go there and deliver your ETA but even like this you have always to be prepared to communicate with your supporters (or in my case consumers/readers) otherwise shit will happen....
P.S:just as you said,i dont agree with what DC is doing,to me its a anti professional conduct and that was why i stopped pledging to him but i cant pick sides and put more gas in the fire...

Last edited:

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
I normally stay out of these kinds of conversations but your comment is just flat-out ridiculous. There are many devs who have release dates that they hit like clockwork. To act as if DC, one of the largest devs can't have a release date when it has been almost 4 months is not based in reality...
It's not entirely in DC's hands at this point. The reason he can be live streaming and working on art for future updates is because his contribution to this update has probably been done for ages other than giving the final ok on the ongoing work. Also, it would be wrong to equate popularity with experience/skill. While this game may have one of the bigger followings in the community, this is his first attempt at making a game from what I understand and that inexperience is part of the reason these updates are probably taking a while, as the new coder is likely wasting a ton of time cleaning up the mess they've inherited from this games early days.

Sir_EatsALot

Aug 24, 2017
Normaly solid dates are given by experienced devs who can fully focus themselves in the development of his project or product...when someone without capacity to focus himself in his work does that,pitchforks and torches appears as soon as the timeline ends....
This logic would be legit if the game was a few days late. It's been almost 3 months since last update. I don't pay so I usually don't complain neither am I complaining now. I personally like games that deliver on time however short the update is. If the update is short this time, make up for it next month. Like Second Happiness and Man of the House. The point is (and it's quite simple really) if you charge your patreons monthly, then you gotta make sure that you deliver monthly. That's a basic concept of business. Otherwise charge per update. It's something a lot of devs here take for granted.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
This logic would be legit if the game was a few days late. It's been almost 3 months since last update. I don't pay so I usually don't complain neither am I complaining now. I personally like games that deliver on time however short the update is. If the update is short this time, make up for it next month. Like Second Happiness and Man of the House. The point is (and it's quite simple really) if you charge your patreons monthly, then you gotta make sure that you deliver monthly. That's a basic concept of business. Otherwise charge per update. It's something a lot of devs here take for granted.
I mean, they don't give release dates, so how can it be "a few days late"? My understanding is that they used to give a release date, and when they were a couple days late, people would lose their shit. And they don't actually charge for the game, it's free for everyone.

Reactions: Metroid1988

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
As much as i would like to agree with you on that part,when DC started SS he did a mess with the code,and with lots of variables at loose,importing old saves to new version would be like doing a implanting procedure without the thing to be implanted,now that he have a real programer(and for real,i mean more experienced or at least i wish)this may be a reality on the horizon
Well, they did start to clean up already. As far as I'm aware Dogeek should have finished recoding Erik's/Mrs. Johnson's story and more will certainly follow.
As said, they should really prioritize this now and get a rather constant release schedule in my opinion. Maybe not every month but certainly closer to the usual 50 days than to the current 100+. So I'd vastly prefer a rather small Roxxy update that's actually already compatible to a large one that's not. Not that I'm against replaying the story but there is a certain degree of "wear" once you've played the game 6 or 7 times and I guess most people don't want to replay the same story twice in 2/3 months.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
That was more an example on when you should use an ETA and when not,its something natural,like knowing your limits and respect it,clearly when you try to surpass your limit when you cant focus yourself on doing that you are fated to face the conquences...

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
Actually it will be 4 months in one week. Check the release date on the 1st page. Dec 20, 2107

PS: that is of course if you don't go back to the original release of 14.50 (14.51 and 14.52 were bug fixes) I delete my old versions so I don't have a date for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TurtleKing9000

Sir_EatsALot

Aug 24, 2017
I mean, they don't give release dates, so how can it be "a few days late"? My understanding is that they used to give a release date, and when they were a couple days late, people would lose their shit. And they don't actually charge for the game, it's free for everyone.
That too. Still no developer would make a game unless he gets paid. This is business. Pure and simple. The game is free for everyone until there are enough people supporting him and the support keeps on increasing. All I am saying is I have been seeing a lot of developers taking deadlines for granted. That shouldn't be the case.
That was more an example on when you should use an ETA and when not,its something natural,like knowing your limits and respect it,clearly when you try to surpass your limit when you cant focus yourself on doing that you are fated to face the conquences...
Absolutely. No arguments there. This is not to be expected from a developer who has been on this project for such a long time. If you are a few days late I am sure people would understand. But no matter how big the update is going to be, if you are months late, people are going to be pissed off, especially the people who are paying for it.
Actually it will be 4 months in one week. Check the release date on the 1st page. Dec 20, 2107
I was just trying to keep it modest haha.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Well, they did start to clean up already. As far as I'm aware Dogeek should have finished recoding Erik's/Mrs. Johnson's story and more will certainly follow.
As said, they should really prioritize this now and get a rather constant release schedule in my opinion. Maybe not every month but certainly closer to the usual 50 days than to the current 100+. So I'd vastly prefer a rather small Roxxy update that's actually already compatible to a large one that's not. Not that I'm against replaying the story but there is a certain degree of "wear" once you've played the game 6 or 7 times and I guess most people don't want to replay the same story twice in 2/3 months.
That would be good,it would appease some of the less patient people and refresh everyone's hope on seeing the game complete on their lifetime...joke's aside they should put every storyline related content as soon as possible,and leave variables like minor characters without real relativity to the main line on hold(as much as it hurts me saying,if it where possible to see the game near completion before 2020 i could patiently wait for pregnancy or Judith content)

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
That would be good,it would appease some of the less patient people and refresh everyone's hope on seeing the game complete on their lifetime...joke's aside they should put every storyline related content as soon as possible,and leave variables like minor characters without real relativity to the main line on hold(as much as it hurts me saying,if it where possible to see the game near completion before 2020 i could patiently wait for pregnancy or Judith content)
I have to say I'm not really sure about that. As long as the game is popular there is actually room to implement side stories and side characters and I personally fear that DC is much more likely to move on once the game is basically finished and more content is optional, while support is likely to decrease in that case as well. He has been talking about his future projects for quite some time and while I'm sure that he's really comitted to SS I'm not sure how that is going to look once the game is more or less done.

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
Oh great, I see we're back to talking about release schedules and patreon incomes even though it's been stated at least six times or something that this thread isn't for that.

Man, I bet you guys are covering all sorts of new grounds that no one else has brought up before.

Reactions: Scyra

Gguga12

Aug 12, 2016
Oh great, I see we're back to talking about release schedules and patreon incomes even though it's been stated at least six times or something that this thread isn't for that.

Man, I bet you guys are covering all sorts of new grounds that no one else has brought up before.
The more things change the more they stay the same

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017

Hey bro dont be like that,we're having a civil talk here,while waiting for the release,its not like this talk would do more than the ones on patreon or discord,and while not intentionaly,every talk about the game will sooner or later lead to the development of the same...

But if things its gonna be like that them fine i will just watch the thread and be on my way...

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Oh great, I see we're back to talking about release schedules ...

Well, to be fair there is a certain amount of news to discuss given that DC basically said today that a full Roxxy update could take as long as the teachers and that he'll likely make another patreon poll to see if people prefer one or two updates (didn't follow the stream all the time but that's as far as I got it).

Reactions: seraphimd2

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Well, to be fair there is a certain amount of news to discuss given that DC basically said today that a full Roxxy update could take as long as the teacher and that he'll likely make another patreon poll to see if people prefer one or two updates (didn't follow the stream all the time but that's as far as I got it).
Cool,lately i cant watch his streams cuz they usually occur during my worktime,so i'm kinda out the loop of his recent streams....

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Many of you fail to recall, that he mentioned months ago, when he started the teacher route, the he was only going to produce 1 at a time to meet monthly updates, but his patreons and many here, voted to do all 4 instead, which he said at the time, would take much longer, and most everyone supported that decision, yet now you complain simply for your own recollection failure.

Last edited:
Reactions: HB38

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Many of you fail to recall, that he mentioned months ago, when he started the teacher route, the he was only going to produce 1 at a time to meet monthly updates, but his patreons and many here, voted to do all 4 instead, which he said at the time, would take much longer, and every single one of you supported that decision, yet now you complain simply for your own recollection failure.
Just so you know I didnt voted for it neither agreed with idea,it was way risky and would take too long...

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes