j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
While i like the premises of his plan to Roxxy,i cant help but feel a familiarity with way he is handling it...he thought on dividing the teacher update too,and that was one of the things that messed with his schedule....just reminding you that...
He should just fix the save issue first. As soon as we get actual savegame compatibility the size of the updates won't matter but until that he should just continue like he did with Mia. Release the story unfinished including a final scene but within reasonable time. Releasing updates every 3 to 4 months or splitting them so people will have replay the same story twice to get the final scene won't go down well. It was fine once now but it's certainly not the best strategy looking into the future. As soon as people can use old savegames it doesn't matter if an update isn't complete if they can juse play on for the next update.

Last edited:

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
It messed nothing. When he got 2 of the teachers almost done he decided, based on people opinion on the streams if I'm not mistaken, to just go all the way and make the 4 in one release, taking the same time as it would have taken with 2 separate releases. The only thing that messed the schedule was the patreon incest thing.

Poeple just get impatient when the release is close. It's always the same shit. I mean, c'mon, one can not calculate a precise date for these things, you just know you are on the final steps and that it will come out soon. And yes one week is soon when you come from a 4 month production lenght.

Anyways, I'm glad to hear about the Roxxy update. I like how the new story arcs are getting "denser", like there's more things happening story-wise compared to the older arcs.
I still think he should focus on the main story first,as a big line coded first makes easier to add other ones in the code,he is going for bigger lines but he still will need a bigger one to hold all the lines and variables he wants to put...i really hope he have a good coder/programer since he will need it when everything needs to be put together

Reactions: Beatrix Kiddo

yolo213

Jun 5, 2017
lol, if Roxxy update were to take more time, it'd probly be the only time when I'd not be impatient...more roxxy the better hehe

or the opposite :D

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
He should just fix the save issue first. As soon as we get actual savegame compatibility the size of the updates won't matter but until that he should just continue like he did with Mia. Release the story unfinished including a final scene but within reasonable time. Releasing updates every 3 to 4 months or splitting them so people will have replay the same story twice to get the final scene won't go down well. It was fine once now but it's certainly not the best strategy looking into the future. As soon as people can use old savegames it doesn't matter if an update isn't complete if they can juse play on for the next update.
As much as i would like to agree with you on that part,when DC started SS he did a mess with the code,and with lots of variables at loose,importing old saves to new version would be like doing a implanting procedure without the thing to be implanted,now that he have a real programer(and for real,i mean more experienced or at least i wish)this may be a reality on the horizon

Last edited:

Seronkai

Nov 11, 2017
at this point i don't know who is worse, dc or akabur
i've had so much trust in him when he started developing summertime saga because the updates were coming quick
While it is frustrating that this update has taken quite a while, I think it's a little unfair to lose so much fate in DC all of the sudden. As you said, they develop the updates really quickly and they do say that some updates can take 1 to 2 months. In this case, they mentioned this update would be particularly large because of it's scope and amount of content. Then they had to deal with the Patreon issue and no matter what side you're in, whether it be, it should of been a quick fix or the process takes longer than one would think, I think they've should be given quite a bit of good will at this point that giving them a few extra weeks should be a no brainer. I'm not trying to defend how they handled all this with their lackluster communications with not being able to communicate more then "soon" but at this point, don't they at least deserve more then all this?

Azzar rraf

May 19, 2017
Is he making stuff related to the roxxy update on his streams right now? Feels like hes working on the cult. If its a big update its probably more common sense to work on that rather than the cult

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
While it is frustrating that this update has taken quite a while, I think it's a little unfair to lose so much fate in DC all of the sudden. As you said, they develop the updates really quickly and they do say that some updates can take 1 to 2 months. In this case, they mentioned this update would be particularly large because of it's scope and amount of content. Then they had to deal with the Patreon issue and no matter what side you're in, whether it be, it should of been a quick fix or the process takes longer than one would think, I think they've should be given quite a bit of good will at this point that giving them a few extra weeks should be a no brainer. I'm not trying to defend how they handled all this with their lackluster communications with not being able to communicate more then "soon" but at this point, don't they at least deserve more then all this?
It may be unfair to lose hope solely based on the fact that the update takes so long, but really, dicking your fanbase with a shitpost that unironically calls out the fact that he is just saying "soon" as a release date whilst teasing everyone about it is just straight up a no-go, I wouldn't be surprised if hostilility grows. Goodwill is what he needs the most right now, yes, but you're not earning that this way I reckon

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
lol, if Roxxy update were to take more time, it'd probly be the only time when I'd not be impatient...more roxxy the better hehe

or the opposite :D
Still waiting for Judith or pregnancy,wathever comes first will give me faith on DC again....

Seronkai

Nov 11, 2017
It may be unfair to lose hope solely based on the fact that the update takes so long, but really, dicking your fanbase with a shitpost that unironically calls out the fact that he is just saying "soon" as a release date whilst teasing everyone about it is just straight up a no-go, I wouldn't be surprised if hostilility grows. Goodwill is what he needs the most right now, yes, but you're not earning that this way I reckon
That's fair, I mean again, the way they're handling communication is the what they seem to be really bad with. Like I wish they would talk more about how their bug testing is going, ways they're off loading the work and like you said, the teasing isn't supper helpful even if I personally see it as a harmless joke but others may not.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
That's fair, I mean again, the way they're handling communication is the what they seem to be really bad with. Like I wish they would talk more about how their bug testing is going, ways they're off loading the work and like you said, the teasing isn't supper helpful even if I personally see it as a harmless joke but others may not.
Like mentioned a couple pages back into this post, they should have a central way of distributing new information, not have it scattered around like being fired from a blunderbuss across all different media. At this point I can only talk for myself, but I personally enjoy having all the information quickly at hand. having to watch a Livestream as a vod because he mentioned something there would be absolutely annoying. I don't use twitter, so I can't easily just follow all them posts, and I'm not on his discord, though I'd rarely consider using discord for information anyways, it's more of a nice and convenient voicechat.

Why not have a Patreonpost that is regularly updated about the stage of development, occuring problems and how they resolve it, in order to atleast get some sort of information out? Or just update the main-page in order to get some stuff across. Having to check several different sites to potentially get one piece of information is really not my cup of tea.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Oh but still have my goodwill,i just dont trust him my money anymore,DC was the second bigger pledge i had,being the first one Gabe with his/her LOQOO,wich as long as it takes to being made,always had a nice communication with us...this is the only thing who really fucks everything with DC,he communicates whatever he think worth during his stream,but takes a lifetime for him to post how the progress is going aside the numbers he shows on patreon and SS site....

Reactions: parachina

MalcolmSex

Nov 26, 2017
what's even worse is his mods are really being assholes right now on discord and in the stream banning everyone who is even slightly critical of how dc is handing the update

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
At least with the money i'm sparing when i stopped pledging to him i can fix my pc and return to playing warframe at the weekends....

If things get better i can even pledge to him again...lets see how things develop for now....

Reactions: Seronkai

Seronkai

Nov 11, 2017
At least with the money i'm sparing when i stopped pledging to him i can fix my pc and return to playing warframe at the weekends....
Ah Warframe, great game. A lot of great... Uh... Assets with it. Stopped playing for a similar reason.

Though yeah, sometimes all we can do in situations like this is to talk with our money.

Reactions: seraphimd2

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Ah Warframe, great game. A lot of great... Uh... Assets with it. Stopped playing for a similar reason.

Though yeah, sometimes all we can do in situations like this is to talk with our money.
Worst thing is,i love Valkyr and her prime goes out just when my video card is burned....took almost 3 months to buy me a new and when i got a new,she already is out....now to buy these parts,or even find someone wishing to sell them....urgh...

Seronkai

Nov 11, 2017
Worst thing is,i love Valkyr and her prime goes out just when my video card is burned....took almost 3 months to buy me a new and when i got a new,she already is out....now to buy these parts,or even find someone wishing to sell them....urgh...
Yeah Valkyr is great. I actually just farm for prime parts but sadly I'm missing one of the blueprints and no one was really running to get that part. I mostly main Nezha and Banshee now but I go back to using Valkyr whenever I want good old fast paced melee fun.

P.S: Sorry for everyone else that doesn't care for this topic. Just trying to pass the time till SS comes out, which as you all know, has been a little while now.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes