Rando Civ

LMFAO.
Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
you didn't recognize the principal in the lead.
It's obvious it's her. What would be the point of recognizing a character that we all know who she is? It's like watching a picture of SS Harley and saying "I think that is Margot Robbie".

Reactions: jackkane

Zurghi00

Donor
Jun 19, 2017
well changing all the plot already done (and the upcoming one) because of patreon restrictions it's for sure an hard and annoying job
so the delay it's totally justified for me...and also the fact that they keeping delaying the release for bug corrections it's an honest and professional decision.
given the numerous (and sometimes serious) bugs in the last releases on day one,for me they trying to do the best to avoid the disappointment of the fans
better wait some more then play a broken game;)

Reactions: charenton

d0ct0rd00m

Aug 5, 2017
well changing all the plot already done (and the upcoming one) because of patreon restrictions it's for sure an hard and annoying job
so the delay it's totally justified for me...and also the fact that they keeping delaying the release for bug corrections it's an honest and professional decision.
given the numerous (and sometimes serious) bugs in the last releases on day one,for me they trying to do the best to avoid the disappointment of the fans
better wait some more then play a broken game;)
That is true if...the release date was still in the future (typically soon is "in a short time" months is not short for this type of release i.e. a full blown game say halo 6 soon in a year is true). Also, if release had not already taken much longer than expected then waiting on minor bug fixes would be ok.

at this point in time releasing with minor bugs (which i suspect there will be anyways even after said bug "fixing") would be more prudent then keep delaying an already delayed release.

*side note* i personally forgot all about this game because of the lack of update and only came back when I say that it was actually near release which now has turned into over a week.

Zurghi00

Donor
Jun 19, 2017
That is true if...the release date was still in the future (typically soon is "in a short time" months is not short for this type of release i.e. a full blown game say halo 6 soon in a year is true). Also, if release had not already taken much longer than expected then waiting on minor bug fixes would be ok.

at this point in time releasing with minor bugs (which i suspect there will be anyways even after said bug "fixing") would be more prudent then keep delaying an already delayed release.

*side note* i personally forgot all about this game because of the lack of update and only came back when I say that it was actually near release which now has turned into over a week.
totally agree,but i think they discovered them in these last days,since they changed their mind a few times this week ahahah
some users complain about the fact of the annunced delay for android's bugfix,wich is understandable,but they are patreons too,so it's also fair giving them a good product

Reactions: charenton

charenton

Jul 30, 2017
totally agree,but i think they discovered them in these last days,since they changed their mind a few times this week ahahah
some users complain about the fact of the annunced delay for android's bugfix,wich is understandable,but they are patreons too,so it's also fair giving them a good product
After all the only ones who should complain are the donors...thanks for the info Zurghi00

Reactions: Zurghi00

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
I don't think it's possible to make it compatible across platforms with Ren'py but between versions yes.
And for what I've read on discord they already work on this, maybe it's the reason why the save on android don't work until now.
That's nonsense. There is nothing stopping a save from working between platforms unless they are doing something exceptionally stupid. Save files for this game are just plain old zip archives with some text and binary data files inside. They would literally have to do something like checking for a special platform variable in one of those files and refusing to use the save if it doesn't match what you are running on.

Ren'Py is just a framework built on top of Pygame, which in turn is just a Python library. The platform specific stuff is all a fair distance from the save files, abstraction wise - in fact most of the game files are. I regularly port Windows releases of Ren'Py games to Linux all the time with a simple script that just grabs the proper version of Ren'Py and repopulates the lib dir with the Linux stuff the game devs deleted to save some space.

Most all of the game specific stuff is entirely platform independent. Android ports may handle some things different under the hood at a deeper level, but I highly doubt the issue they were having was due to something with the save files themselves, but rather the way the framework/engine handles them behind the scenes.

Reactions: seraphimd2

yolo213

Jun 5, 2017
That's nonsense. There is nothing stopping a save from working between platforms unless they are doing something exceptionally stupid. Save files for this game are just plain old zip archives with some text and binary data files inside. They would literally have to do something like checking for a special platform variable in one of those files and refusing to use the save if it doesn't match what you are running on.

Ren'Py is just a framework built on top of Pygame, which in turn is just a Python library. The platform specific stuff is all a fair distance from the save files, abstraction wise - in fact most of the game files are. I regularly port Windows releases of Ren'Py games to Linux all the time with a simple script that just grabs the proper version of Ren'Py and repopulates the lib dir with the Linux stuff the game devs deleted to save some space.

Most all of the game specific stuff is entirely platform independent. Android ports may handle some things different under the hood at a deeper level, but I highly doubt the issue they were having was due to something with the save files themselves, but rather the way the framework/engine handles them behind the scenes.
perhaps it wasnt saving problem but something big, but they named it "save problem" so that an average bob can understand that there is a problem

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
yes,for sure....but sadly Patreons of adult games are becoming always more from "support an indie project on wich you trust" to "I WANT MY F*CKING GAME AS I WANT AND WHEN I WANT!"
....really sad
Pretty sure all the complaints i saw about the delay are all on account of the multiple times DC changed what he wanted to do about the update and the various times he said he was almost done on the update...i remember becuz i was still his patron by the time....first he said it would be all teachers,maybe even the coach,then,by the end of the month he decided that coach would have her own mini update later,and decided to put only 2 teacher first as the update would take too much time to be done if he tried to put all the 4 teachers at once...then by the end of the second month he decided to put them all together since he had already did most of the art regarding the teachers...however on the third month he got hit by patreon new policy just after he communicated the release of update would be soon,after that he went silent 1 week or so(while his own patreon page were under aval) and them when he returned he said most of the situation was under control since he already prepared himself for the changes and was already apllying them....and thus we reached the fourth month,when i stopped pledging for him...we're entering the fifth month and the soon from the second month still is the only word i see about it is the same soon i saw last year....so yeah...i'm pretty sure people who are complaining arent saying" I want WHEN i want",instead they are saying "i want becuz you it would already be done 2 months ago"....in my perspective i only see fails in both sides,there isnt a right side here so stop trying taking sides and return to talking about the damn game before another mod intervene and send all the discussion to hell...

Zurghi00

Donor
Jun 19, 2017
Pretty sure all the complaints i saw about the delay are all on account of the multiple times DC changed what he wanted to do about the update and the various times he said he was almost done on the update...i remember becuz i was still his patron by the time....first he said it would be all teachers,maybe even the coach,then,by the end of the month he decided that coach would have her own mini update later,and decided to put only 2 teacher first as the update would take too much time to be done if he tried to put all the 4 teachers at once...then by the end of the second month he decided to put them all together since he had already did most of the art regarding the teachers...however on the third month he got hit by patreon new policy just after he communicated the release of update would be soon,after that he went silent 1 week or so(while his own patreon page were under aval) and them when he returned he said most of the situation was under control since he already prepared himself for the changes and was already apllying them....and thus we reached the fourth month,when i stopped pledging for him...we're entering the fifth month and the soon from the second month still is the only word i see about it is the same soon i saw last year....so yeah...i'm pretty sure people who are complaining arent saying" I want WHEN i want",instead they are saying "i want becuz you it would already be done 2 months ago"....in my perspective i only see fails in both sides,there isnt a right side here so stop trying taking sides and return to talking about the damn game before another mod intervene and send all the discussion to hell...
well my comment was more "generic" then specific in this game,anyway you were a patreon so for sure u know better then me the situation...and u right:stop useless post on opinions
in any case the side i take is:
AFTER ALL,let's see if the update it's good and justified :)

Reactions: Mark17

petur

Jul 29, 2017
What is happening?Did it get delayed or is it just coming out ''SOON''?Also i don't understand why it has to be delayed on all platforms?If one platform isn't working delay it only on that platform.

Reactions: Pr0man
Jan 28, 2018
What is happening?Did it get delayed or is it just coming out ''SOON''?Also i don't understand why it has to be delayed on all platforms?If one platform isn't working delay it only on that platform.
It's coming out Soonᵀᴹ so maybe in these days, but I'd give it more time so that they can find and fix whatever bugs appear in the one that's coming out.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
It's coming out Soonᵀᴹ so maybe in these days, but I'd give it more time so that they can find and fix whatever bugs appear in the one that's coming out.
and given the track record of earlier releases, that sure will work out well. :test: (I'm gonna work on the assumption that they employed QA before this release as well and didn't just decide to roll with it now.)

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
I'd agree with Pr0man. Does anyone remember 14.50 then 14.51 then 14.52? I'd like it sooner, BUT playing for hours then a new revision comes out and your saves don't work? No Thanks

Reactions: Rozhok
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes