Jan 1, 2019
If he completes the story for the popular characters he wouldn't have been able to stretch his development for those three years, gotta dangle that fruit. I'll hop back on his Patreon when I see updates for the characters I like (The Principle, waiting for so long....)

I will say despite the complaining he's a lot better than others, there is plenty of content for those 3 years even if it's not for the more popular characters. Balsamique from Behind the Dune has been teasing and teasing people with the prospect of Lady Jessica content for five years, dude made a great MILF and the only way to see her have sex is to either brainwash her, lose and she get's raped, or choose the "bad end" on purpose.
Understandable but DC earns more money than Balsamique. It just feels like he scams his patreons, the updates are taking way too long and they could make it faster by investing more into production like hiring programmers, new artists and writers. He has the financial stuff to do it so why do patreons have to wait half a year to get an update? Like i can understand it takes time to write story and such, but i'm sure they could release additional content on the side for existing characters like Jenny, Roxxy which are the most popular characters by far imo.

Like 1 update of small content each month with a side story and few scenes would not hurt, and i am sure people would stop criticizing DC for the update times. We want content, they are other developpers who earn way less than him and who makes updates every month or so, so why DC can't do that?

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
... they are other developpers who earn way less than him and who makes updates every month or so, so why DC can't do that?
The rather simple answer is because it's a 2D game and DC essentially wants to draw his stuff himself - unless the perfect artist applies to help him out with these drawings. People may not like that answer, but it's been like this for 3 years now, so nobody can say they didn't know.
The team is tailored for DC's drawing speed and that's about all there is, most people are actually only working part time (writer, coder, poser), because there simply isn't enough work to employ them fulltime. It literally never mattered, whether he earned 30 or 70k, the speed would always be as it is.

Edit: Just to add, that's something every 2D game has to deal with. Once you reach the point where your artist works fulltime, there's nothing you can really do if you want to stay 100% consistent. Unless you decide to go really big and to employ a whole team of artists with proper supervision, quality control, etc. or unless you don't care for consistent art.

Last edited:

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Understandable but DC earns more money than Balsamique. It just feels like he scams his patreons, the updates are taking way too long and they could make it faster by investing more into production like hiring programmers, new artists and writers. He has the financial stuff to do it so why do patreons have to wait half a year to get an update? Like i can understand it takes time to write story and such, but i'm sure they could release additional content on the side for existing characters like Jenny, Roxxy which are the most popular characters by far imo.

Like 1 update of small content each month with a side story and few scenes would not hurt, and i am sure people would stop criticizing DC for the update times. We want content, they are other developpers who earn way less than him and who makes updates every month or so, so why DC can't do that?
I haven't bothered to read this thread in a year but I know that your comment won't get very far. You're talking to people that worship this game, trying to make them realise that development is exceedingly slow so that DC can make more money out of them, needless to say they won't comprehend it
They'll waffle about the artwork being the excuse, failing to realise it takes so long because it's redrawn a hundred times. Having said that, there definitely are developers that make faster updates as well as better quality updates on this site, and fortunately their growth is much higher than this
But, on the other side of things, if you had a group of people willing to throw their wages at you, why would you work harder for them when you don't have to? I guess some are selfish, and others selfless. It's easy to see which it is in this situation
But I digress, the smaller developers will be rewarded for their hard work, already games that started only a year ago are earning 10k+ per month, get to 2 years and they'll be on double whatever this is on

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
They'll waffle about the artwork being the excuse, failing to realise it takes so long because it's redrawn a hundred times.
Well, you'll hardly find a piece of art in the game that was drawn more than two times, while a lot was never changed at all and will never be changed.
Having said that, there definitely are developers that make faster updates as well as better quality updates on this site, and fortunately their growth is much higher than this
As soon as we are talking about 2D, there really isn't that much out there and the good games like WaL! certainly aren't faster, either. 3D on the other hand is of course almost endlessly scalable and they really have a fewer reasons to not speed up their process. Buying proper hardware alone will help massively, while even the fasted rig won't help 2D games at all, just as an example.
But I digress, the smaller developers will be rewarded for their hard work, already games that started only a year ago are earning 10k+ per month, get to 2 years and they'll be on double whatever this is on
Congratulations, you found out that money isn't actually everything this is about. If DC would really want to make as much money as possible he'd of course have grown his project to earn a lot more. I'm not saying he isn't earning obscene amounts of money, but he certainly could be making a lot more.

Then again, that's really his decision. He's producing his game the way he wants and people give whatever they think it's worth. Those who don't like the process will play it for free and everybody should be happy?

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I haven't bothered to read this thread in a year but I know that your comment won't get very far. You're talking to people that worship this game, trying to make them realise that development is exceedingly slow so that DC can make more money out of them, needless to say they won't comprehend it
They'll waffle about the artwork being the excuse, failing to realise it takes so long because it's redrawn a hundred times. Having said that, there definitely are developers that make faster updates as well as better quality updates on this site, and fortunately their growth is much higher than this
But, on the other side of things, if you had a group of people willing to throw their wages at you, why would you work harder for them when you don't have to? I guess some are selfish, and others selfless. It's easy to see which it is in this situation
People never get tired saying this. I am following this game since over two years now and I am happy if it gets updated five more. If you don't like that, don't give money as a patron, simple as that.

I keep reading that DC makes too much money and there are so many other games that get updated twice as often with three times the content. Name one that is not a 3D assed re-use and that can really compare! There are only two I can currently think of that may be comparable. One is What a Legend, the other is Something Unlimited. The second one's thread is currently spammed by haters even more than this one, because the dev is so slow and milking his patrons. The first had it's last update also half a year ago. Now what?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ Then you go the bigbrain way and find out DC is top 3 overall, while the dude above him makes over 150k a month doing podcasts ....

nilo96

May 7, 2020
Can anyone post an up-to-date roadmap for this game? It would be very interesting to see what is planned to be done and what has already been done. I'll be very thankful.

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk
Jan 1, 2019
Well, you'll hardly find a piece of art in the game that was drawn more than two times, while a lot was never changed at all and will never be changed.

As soon as we are talking about 2D, there really isn't that much out there and the good games like WaL! certainly aren't faster, either. 3D on the other hand is of course almost endlessly scalable and they really have a fewer reasons to not speed up their process. Buying proper hardware alone will help massively, while even the fasted rig won't help 2D games at all, just as an example.

Congratulations, you found out that money isn't actually everything this is about. If DC would really want to make as much money as possible he'd of course have grown his project to earn a lot more. I'm not saying he isn't earning obscene amounts of money, but he certainly could be making a lot more.

Then again, that's really his decision. He's producing his game the way he wants and people give whatever they think it's worth. Those who don't like the process will play it for free and everybody should be happy?

Well stay blind ig

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well stay blind ig
Well, feel free to enlighten me ;)

The problem I've got with most of these posts is that they aren't anything but empty words at best. Once you ask for actual examples etc. nothing ever comes back.

Can anyone post an up-to-date roadmap for this game? It would be very interesting to see what is planned to be done and what has already been done. I'll be very thankful.
I haven't seen a very recent version for quite some time, but this should basically be it, just that the "Tony, Rump, Liu..." bar should be full:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

One has to keep in mind though that it doesn't include reworks, etc. so there's actually more to be done. Just like the trackers it's more a general visualisation and nothing one should really rely on.

Last edited:

nilo96

May 7, 2020
I haven't seen a very recent version for quite some time, but this should basically be it, just that the "Tony, Rump, Liu..." bar should be full:

One has to keep in mind though that it doesn't include reworks, etc. so there's actually more to be done. Just like the trackers it's more a general visualisation and nothing one should really rely on.
thank you so much

And what is meant by the paragraph "Beach House and Harem Features"? Any additional scenes with existing characters? What will realistically move
classmates to a beach house?

Last edited:
Reactions: PePeTheCoCk

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
thank you so much
You're welcome, though I should add that somebody else uploaded it here some time ago. Sadly I can't find the post, else I would have linked that.

Looking at the map and considering reworks, the bars for Debbie, Mia, Erik should be at 2 or 3 at best and these for Ronda, Judith and Annie should be at zero. Just like the teachers should be at 4 or 5 so. Then we'd be closer to the actual workload workload that has to happen before the game could be considered done. Then again, there'll be more monster girls and certainly more scene updates etc. later on.

Else you can probably remove the poker game, too. I kinda doubt that's ever going to happen.

Late edit:
And what is meant by the paragraph "Beach House and Harem Features"? Any additional scenes with existing characters? What will realistically move
Even though he didn't want at first, DC essentially promised that MC will be able to invite the schoolgirls to the beach house once everything is done and you'll be able to get sex scenes/threesomes/etc. in some fitting combinations. Else one will be able to buy some fitting furniture, etc.

I still have no idea how he'll actually do it, given the time it takes to create the sex scenes, but I guess we'll see. It certainly won't be like the harem stuff we see in some 3D games.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
thank you so much

Once most of the game is done and we're left with only add-ons, there'll be update(s) for dating the schoolgirls, which in turn will lead to them coming to the beach house and perform snu-snu.

Jan 1, 2019

The problem I've got with most of these posts is that they aren't anything but empty words at best. Once you ask for actual examples etc. nothing ever comes back.

Its a bs statement to say that its bc of the art progression, DC has the money to get assistants that are really good and could reproduce his style period.

To me i just an overwhelmed guy who just wanted to start this project for fun and things got really overhand for him.

I am not donating to him, because i know that even in 5 years the game will still be in development.

To be fair the solution is simple, give more small updates on the side each month. It can be patreon only contents for all i care, he has the financial needs to put in place all this, he just needs to put out his finger from his ass and believe me it would be the best adult game period and more people would stop criticizing so much.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Nobody cares to reply, that's why. It's pointless debating certain people who won't see reality. He's painted away peoples wages redoing backgrounds and wallpapers for years. If you cannot see that, nothing can help you

What's the next update? Another year of painting lovely background images and expanding them

What are half the future updates going to be? Redoing current storylines that are trash, or else expanding on them because they weren't finished properly in the first place

I played this years ago, near the beginning. It used to be a good game, the inflated revenue is just one small part of what's made it trash. The fairly delusional community, the boring writing, and watching characters and backgrounds get redrawn for 3 years has made it go stale. Did you see the reaction to each update of the main story? The one that took a year to create

Spoiler alert, people hated it

I didn't want to bother replying. Because I know I'll get notified of yet another pointless response to me 10 minutes later. Or maybe 2 again if I'm extra lucky. But I figured I'd answer your question on why nobody wants to show the obvious

And nobody will give examples, ever. It's like teaching the blind what colours are

Jan 1, 2019

Also since you want an example i'll give you one. Every great Mangaka have art assistants to help them in the production of new coming chapters, these assistants are capable to reproduce the style of the mangaka pretty fairly. And in all honestly, the style of DC does not seem so hard to reproduced i am sure lots of artists would be able to reproduce it easily.

Another example is people making fan doujinshis and reproduce the artstyle of the original author pretty fairly, so when you earn 80k a month, i am 100% sure that he can find someone who can assist him.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Its a bs statement to say that its bc of the art progression, DC has the money to get assistants that are really good and could reproduce his style period.
Writing a "period" doesn't make an argument any better. First of all, there's a history in DC's work. He came from an elevated position in the animation industry supervising a team and quit that job because he didn't want to do it anymore and because he wanted to draw his own game. It's understanable that he doesn't want to go back to that if he didn't like it. Would it be reasonable to hire 3 or 4 artists and let them work? Yes. Will he do it? No. Writing the 100s post about that won't change that. Sorry. And anything in between is pretty much unworkable, unless you really find that perfect guy who really suits you.

To me i just an overwhelmed guy who just wanted to start this project for fun and things got really overhand for him.
To me he seems as chilled as ever. And now?
I am not donating to him, because i know that even in 5 years the game will still be in development.
Same here, I stopped donating 2 years ago and that's fine. Still I'm not trying to tell him how he has got to run is project.
To be fair the solution is simple, give more small updates on the side each month. It can be patreon only contents for all i care, he has the financial needs to put in place all this, he just needs to put out his finger from his ass and believe me it would be the best adult game period and more people would stop criticizing so much.
But he doesn't want to do that and he obviously doesn't want the additional money, either. That's how it's been for almost 3 years by now and I don't understand why people still invest time to write what he's supposed to do. He never cared about it and he won't start now. Vote with your wallet and enjoy the game. It's really that simple.

Also since you want an example i'll give you one. Every great Mangaka have art assistants to help them in the production of new coming chapters, these assistants are capable to reproduce the style of the mangaka pretty fairly. And in all honestly, the style of DC does not seem so hard to reproduced i am sure lots of artists would be able to reproduce it easily.

Another example is people making fan doujinshis and reproduce the artstyle of the original author pretty fairly, so when you earn 80k a month, i am 100% sure that he can find someone who can assist him.
Sure, but that's a totally different way of working. You essentially go from creating stuff yourself, with your own hands to primarily manging your team and doing the preparations and the quality control. You can't force that on anybody if he doesn't want it. And it's not like ever promised that to anybody, either.

Jan 1, 2019
Writing a "period" doesn't make an argument any better. First of all, there's a history in DC's work. He came from an elevated position in the animation industry supervising a team and quit that job because he didn't want to do it anymore and because he wanted to draw his own game. It's understanable that he doesn't want to go back to that if he didn't like it. Would it be reasonable to hire 3 or 4 artists and let them work? Yes. Will he do it? No. Writing the 100s post about that won't change that. Sorry. And anything in between is pretty much unworkable, unless you really find that perfect guy who really suits you.

To me he seems as chilled as ever. And now?

Same here, I stopped donating 2 years ago and that's fine. Still I'm not trying to tell him how he has got to run is project.

But he doesn't want to do that and he obviously doesn't want the additional money, either. That's how it's been for almost 3 years by now and I don't understand why people still invest time to write what he's supposed to do. He never cared about it and he won't start now. Vote with your wallet and enjoy the game. It's really that simple.

Sure, but that's a totally different way of working. You essentially go from creating stuff yourself, with your own hands to primarily manging your team and doing the preparations and the quality control. You can't force that on anybody if he doesn't want it. And it's not like ever promised that to anybody, either.
Then if he doesnt care why does he make a freaking patreon? All this does not make any sens, if he wants to do stuff by himself then he needs to close his patreon instead of disappointing people.

you really are full of shit

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Then if he doesnt care why does he make a freaking patreon? All this does not make any sens, if he wants to do stuff by himself then he needs to close his patreon instead of disappointing people.

dudebro.png
Disappoint who exactly ? By now, if people were fed up with how DC works, those graphs would be inverted

Reactions: Sergionki

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017

Do I really have to explain that? Of course he needs money. But there's a difference between making money with your project and between maximizing the profits/outcomes. As you said yourself, he could be making a lot more if he'd be running his game differently.

He asked for 25k, he hired the people he promised, he gives away the game for free and I don't see anything wrong here. If people want to give more than he asks for, it's really on them, not on him. Else I don't see how anybody (who pays) would be disappointed. Growth may have slowed, but he's still gaining support.

Late Edit:
Just because I think this is important and because I didn't mention it in the post before. The issue here is that the art of SS is acutally not that complicated, which means that there's little room for explainations and corrections if they actually want to gain anything.

So it's not like with really high quality art where you have proper drafts/drawing boards and perfect finishes, etc. In those cases you can spend the time to draft the boards and to correct everything after that, but that's not how SS is produced. So you either find somebody who works pretty much independently on more or less equal terms with DC, or you may not bother because there's little to gain. If DC has to create pretty detailed drafts for his artist, explain what he wants and adds some touches/corrections once the artists finished his work, he may have skipped the draft and the finish and do it himself, as he does now. It'll take just as much time. That's the whole issue why a simple assistant won't do.

As far as I'm aware the guys from "What a Legend!" actually hired a sketch artist and it doesn't seem like they gained an acutal benefit from it. Likely for that same reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: sanga69 and Omniel

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Wow, the next release must be really close! Nobody asked why the incest patch is down for at least 10 pages and we are back at discussing how Patreon works and why DarkCookie is the biggest scam artist the world has ever seen.

4.00 star(s) 363 Votes