Apr 23, 2020
Hi guys hope you are well.

There is a game I am looking for. It has the same art style as this game only that it takes place in an apartment complex. ANy clues as to the name for the game?

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I don't know why I never posted this here. What's the general (try to be civil please) consensus on these types of mods?
View attachment 2630674
Mega
Video of Odette ^

AI conversion mods, shit or nah?
The still image made me laugh. I'm not sure why they're on a beach instead of in front of a mansion, though.

The video is Uncanny Valley ugly. Odette's face looks fake, so it's a problem of looking too real but not real enough. If it's not completely passable as real, the mind detects that there's something wrong with it and considers it ugly.

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
The fact Judith doesn't have a story and scenes after 7 freaking years is a showcase of idiocy and why I dropped this game.

Reactions: Panduh
Jan 14, 2018
Reading posts like this I feel a strong urge to double my Patreon support for DC, just to piss some people off.

Yes, it's slow. No amount of moaning will change that. Especially not here. Deal with it.

Btw/ I hope the game is *never* finished. Seriously!
Do it. And it better not be 1$ to 2$ cookie chip level. Double the cookie addict level. Do it. Bet you won't.

maxresdefault.jpg

shane001

Jun 12, 2020
When people side with lazy devs, it just rubs me the wrong way...
you do understand that if you just say "oh its just 12$ a year, why do you care" then there is no helping you.. If you have any clue about life in general you would know that bad behavior should not be rewarded ffs, the development started 2016.....its 2023 now.. for this amount of time you could have made at least 3 games...
and no this is not hating on DC for milking the shit out of this game, kudos to him he is doing something me and a lot of people would love to be able to do.. but for me the problem is that, as a user id like a product to be finished in a reasonable time. this and some other devs are taking the piss. this sort of game could be done in 2 years max, without any crunch time

Ill be honest id make it so that he only gets access to 50% of the cash until he finishes the game...
This thread has become nothing but a circlejerk for the defenders of DC who will jump on you even for the slightest criticism of the creator.

Last edited:

Panduh

Feb 17, 2019
You're obviously not a programmer. When I started my mod, updates in the beginning were large and frequent. Now they're small and infrequent. That's not because I'm making more money -- I'm still making nothing -- but because I ran out of low-hanging fruit. There's a well-known rule called the Pareto principle which states that roughly 80% of consequences come from 20% of causes (also known as the "80-20 Rule"). As any project gets larger, it takes more and more work to add anything new to it. Eventually, you get to the part where the last 20% of your results take 80% of your effort. Finally, you have no choice but to redesign everything to make it easier to add to it in the future, which takes a very long time and has a 50% chance (more recently, I heard 70% chance) of failing. You actually have to stop what you're doing to do a bunch of work that no one can see, and there's a good chance that you'll have to give up on it and throw it all away. You take that chance because you have to. Keeping things the way they are isn't an option.

Anyway, I'm glad that you've never taken on a project that got out of hand and had to learn about this principle the hard way. I have. DC has. Every major corporation has. It's just life. Bitching about it won't help, but at least you got to annoy some other people, right?
If DC was really concerned about that he would have made the game in chapters or seasons. That way you dont need to worry about content made 4 years ago messing with more recent stuff. causing bugs. Would fix the need for as you say testing. Regardless of the fact I know any programing. It is common sense that 80/20 is an excuse. Plenty of games have multiple chapters. The game would be finished by now if they had done that.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
If DC was really concerned about that he would have made the game in chapters or seasons. That way you dont need to worry about content made 4 years ago messing with more recent stuff. causing bugs. Would fix the need for as you say testing. Regardless of the fact I know any programing. It is common sense that 80/20 is an excuse. Plenty of games have multiple chapters. The game would be finished by now if they had done that.
As a modder of the game, I've looked at almost every line of code in Summertime Saga. There are 1,630 code files, by the way.

I haven't the foggiest clue how your idea would work. Releasing updates in chapters or seasons is no different from adding new scenes or new content any other way. There are 635 scripts in the characters directory, 695 in the locations directory, and 73 in the minigames directory. Those 1,403 files are "content". The other 227 files mostly contain functions that get called by the content scripts.

Adding new content is just adding a script to a new or existing file in characters or locations. Eventually, you want to be able to do something that the core files can't do for you. That will happen regardless of whether you release updates in chapters, seasons, or whatever. Eventually, the core files need a rewrite to be able to continue to add content, regardless of what you call your updates.

If using chapters or seasons somehow magically negated the need to ever work on the core files that underpin the content files, you would be within your rights to say that DC should have made the game in chapters or seasons, but he didn't. Unless you're offering him a time machine, how would that advice be any use to him now? Whatever he should have done that he didn't do, he didn't do it, so a rewrite is needed. That's what's going on. They should haven't built Mexico City on a dry lakebed, but they did. What good does pointing that out now accomplish? The time to avoid that mistake was centuries ago!

I've been programming for most of my life, and I go to industry conferences every year. If there was a way to predict your future needs so that you would never need an extensive code rewrite when your project gets 10x bigger than it was when it started, I'm sure someone would have mentioned it at the conference I was at last week. Instead, we talked about the fact that code rewrites now fail 70% of the time (the figure used to be 50%). Significant code rewrites are an inevitable part of a growing project. Every project manager knows that. You're not a programmer. The fact that you're not qualified to give programming advice is abundantly clear. Maybe find something else to wank to while you're waiting for the Tech Update? I don't know what fetish code shaming feeds, but the rest of us didn't come here to see you get off on ignorant code criticism.

Last edited:

ZZTuner

Nov 6, 2019
As a modder of the game, I've looked at almost every line of code in Summertime Saga. There are 1,630 code files, by the way.

I haven't the foggiest clue how your idea would work. Releasing updates in chapters or seasons is no different from adding new scenes or new content any other way. There are 635 scripts in the characters directory, 695 in the locations directory, and 73 in the minigames directory. Those 1,403 files are "content". The other 227 files mostly contain functions that get called by the content scripts.

Adding new content is just adding a script to a new or existing script in characters or locations. Eventually, you want to be able to do something that the core files can't do for you. That will happen regardless of whether you release updates in chapters, seasons, or whatever. Eventually, the core files need a rewrite to be able to continue to add content, regardless of what you call your updates.

If using chapters or seasons somehow magically negated the need to ever work on the core files that underpin the content files, you would be within your rights to say that DC should have made the game in chapters or seasons, but he didn't. Unless you're offering him a time machine, how would that advice be any use to him now? Whatever he should have done that he didn't do, he didn't do it, so a rewrite is needed. That's what's going on. They should haven't built Mexico City on a dry lakebed, but they did. What good does pointing that out now accomplish? The time to avoid that mistake was centuries ago!

I've been programming for most of my life, and I go to industry conferences every year. If there was a way to predict your future needs so that you would never need an extensive code rewrite when your project gets 10x bigger than it was when it started, I'm sure someone would have mentioned it at the conference I was at last week. Instead, we talked about the fact that code rewrites now fail 70% of the time (the figure used to be 50%). Significant code rewrites are an inevitable part of a growing project. Every project manager knows that. You're not a programmer. The fact that you're not qualified to give programming advice is abundantly clear. Maybe find something else to wank to while you're waiting for the Tech Update? I don't know what fetish code shaming feeds, but the rest of us didn't come here to see you get off on ignorant code criticism.
I think your criticism is irrelevant. It's not about coding here.

He's been working on the Tech Uptade for two years now. And we have to admit that it can't be easy for him. But now we're waiting for some backgrounds. Does that mean we have to wait 20 years to see a scene with Mrs. Johnson for example?

It's just nonsense.

Reactions: Toushiro

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I think your criticism is irrelevant. It's not about coding here.

He's been working on the Tech Uptade for two years now. And we have to admit that it can't be easy for him. But now we're waiting for some backgrounds. Does that mean we have to wait 20 years to see a scene with Mrs. Johnson for example?

It's just nonsense.
Where did you get the idea that the tech update waiting on backgrounds? The art is 100% done. It was 98% done in January 2022, 16 months ago. No one is waiting on art. No one is waiting on scripts.
1684461409562.png
The two areas being waited on (not counting the bugs/issues found during playtesting, when it occurs) are Posing 20k plus images (74% of which is done) and Code within those 1600+ files (64% of which is done).

So, yes, what an experienced programmer who has become familiar with those 1600 files has to say about the process is not only relevant but also material to the whinging that continues to pervade this thread. Because it is the coding (and the posing) that the tech update is currently focused upon - and has been, primarily, since day one of the development of the tech update.

There are 10k+ games available for download through F95 - use your time exploring other games rather than whinging about one, single, solitary game. Particularly when you have no clue why or about what you are whinging.

Jack Kerouac wouldn't give you the time of day for the kind of entitlement you are exhibiting.

ZZTuner

Nov 6, 2019
Where did you get the idea that the tech update waiting on backgrounds? The art is 100% done. It was 98% done in January 2022, 16 months ago. No one is waiting on art. No one is waiting on scripts.
View attachment 2632535
The two areas being waited on (not counting the bugs/issues found during playtesting, when it occurs) are Posing 20k plus images (74% of which is done) and Code within those 1600+ files (64% of which is done).

So, yes, what an experienced programmer who has become familiar with those 1600 files has to say about the process is not only relevant but also material to the whinging that continues to pervade this thread. Because it is the coding (and the posing) that the tech update is currently focused upon - and has been, primarily, since day one of the development of the tech update.

There are 10k+ games available for download through F95 - use your time exploring other games rather than whinging about one, single, solitary game. Particularly when you have no clue why or about what you are whinging.

Jack Kerouac wouldn't give you the time of day for the kind of entitlement you are exhibiting.
I reaffirm my words when I say that the development of the game is dragging.
When I talk about "backgrounds", I refer to what we will have in the game, since until proven otherwise this update only brings additional locations

You show me a progress bar that hasn't moved in months. If we go in your way, we can deduce a lot of things. I'm not whining, I'm just pointing out the slowness of the development.

I see that my profile picture is doing its job, if it can reassure you I intend to change it for Tom Wolfe.

4.00 star(s) 366 Votes