Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Rule 2.7 is subjective. DC is a poor project manager. Stating that is a violation of Rule 2.7?
Sigh. Yes, it's subjective. Most rules and guidelines are. The need to remind people to use common sense is telling. Is your statement about DC off-topic? Not in and of itself. Is going on and on about how much DC brings in on patreon or how long the development is taking or that DC is milking etc etc etc ... Yes, those can be considered as off-topic - and have been in the past:
1690515830061.png
So we're going to derail the topic by discussing what is off-topic? Which, as you can see by the post above - is also to be discouraged and is off-topic. Feel free to continue asking hypotheticals here: https://f95zone.to/posts/11343280

mazzjazz

Aug 10, 2022
feels like this game needs a better director/manager. i mean how many people are going to play this game on their phone compared to on their PC? Giving the benefit of the doubt and not assuming the dev is stalling it feels like they might aswell have spent their time and resources on content for the game.

Pantanamera12

Jun 3, 2017
Agreed, however, does it really need over a half a million dollars?
in Honor of your Opinion but i couldn´t say anything about Money because I´m not a Patreon. I have to wait till the Updates shows up and that´s ok for me. I can understand the Patreons for beeing impatient for further and faster Updates because they paying for. I can´t claiming because first: it´s not fair opposite the Patreons and second: I´m glad playing a Game for free in such Quality as it is.
Let us have a good Time whether the Updates taking so long and honor Kompas Productions for sweeten up the fucking Reality

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
feels like this game needs a better director/manager. i mean how many people are going to play this game on their phone compared to on their PC? Giving the benefit of the doubt and not assuming the dev is stalling it feels like they might aswell have spent their time and resources on content for the game.
As far as I'm aware the majority of "official" downloads have been mobiles ones for quite some time. At least I recall DC mentioning that on stream. Given how prevalent smartphones have become and given how many casual players do play SS, I don't really doubt that number. Mobile gaming is huge and there are more and more people who don't even own a PC/Notebook anymore, but just use tablets/smartphones.

mazzjazz

Aug 10, 2022
As far as I'm aware the majority of "official" downloads have been mobiles ones for quite some time. At least I recall DC mentioning that on stream. Given how prevalent smartphones have become and given how many casual players do play SS, I don't really doubt that number. Mobile gaming is huge and there are more and more people who don't even own a PC/Notebook anymore, but just use tablets/smartphones.
I'm honestly surprised, but i guess i makes sense when you put it like that.

Username7

May 1, 2017
So in actual dev news Sploosh posted this the other day, it gives some idea of progress on Jenny's reposing. Most of the stuff he brings up as road blocks are either done or close to it, both the Diary and PC were listed as separate task from Jenny's re-wiring and have been closed. The flurry of activity in the "Changes over 24 hours" section of the dev tracker over the last week were for the TV and Peep hole.
splooshup728.png

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
So in actual dev news Sploosh posted this the other day, it gives some idea of progress on Jenny's reposing. Most of the stuff he brings up as road blocks are either done or close to it, both the Diary and PC were listed as separate task from Jenny's re-wiring and have been closed. The flurry of activity in the "Changes over 24 hours" section of the dev tracker over the last week were for the TV and Peep hole.
View attachment 2808598
The hell did they do to make the peep hole so goddamn complicated and why? I know DC added in a new shot for preggo Jenny, but otherwise it was "Jenny asleep", "Jenny masturbating", or "nothing", depending on the time of day. The same goes for the TV and the laptop, there wasn't much to do there because it was window dressing to provide a bit of amusement in the middle of their respective events. What possessed them to tie them into a new system so complex that they need to constantly find "creative solutions"? "Creative solutions" are what got them into this mess in the first place!

Far from future-proofing their code, I'm genuinely worried that they're building something so full of spaghetti bullshit that each new update is going to be even harder to incorporate. I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong, but the more they disclose about the dev progress the more it sounds like they're developing a Ferrari engine to drive a go-cart.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
View attachment 2808598
if they have to come up with creative solutions for a ren py game again i would mentally prepare myself for tech update part 2 a couple years down the line

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The hell did they do to make the peep hole so goddamn complicated and why? I know DC added in a new shot for preggo Jenny, but otherwise it was "Jenny asleep", "Jenny masturbating", or "nothing", depending on the time of day. The same goes for the TV and the laptop, there wasn't much to do there because it was window dressing to provide a bit of amusement in the middle of their respective events. What possessed them to tie them into a new system so complex that they need to constantly find "creative solutions"? "Creative solutions" are what got them into this mess in the first place!

Far from future-proofing their code, I'm genuinely worried that they're building something so full of spaghetti bullshit that each new update is going to be even harder to incorporate. I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong, but the more they disclose about the dev progress the more it sounds like they're developing a Ferrari engine to drive a go-cart.
I guess the problem in general happens because they want to please those, who want to get as many girls as possible in one playthrough and as such don't want to block content and because they want to enable pregnancies for everybody. If they'd simply create mostly liniear storys (aka one playthrough per one main girl) without x dependencies on other stories and limit pregnancies to 2 or 3 girls, these problems likely would't exist.

Removing choices and connecting stories was a bad deciscion from the get go (actually my reason why I stopped being a patron years ago) and now it seems to haunt them again.

Then again, as long as DC is drawing stuff in the meantime, it ultimately doesn't matter that much.

Sterik

Sep 28, 2017
View attachment 2808598
The fact they are choosing to insert "creative solutions" in a tech update that was supposed to iron out all the previous creative solutions that had turned the code into spaghetti implies that they have learned nothing.

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes