FGM01

Jun 27, 2023
If this next update has no new content, I guess I still have a lot to play through since I haven't even unlocked the museum.

Are the Rhonda/Annie/Judith updates the result of a poll or the devs own plans?

washiisex

Jul 5, 2018
I actually skipped the last 2-3 updates in anticipation for the tech update. When it finally hits, it'll feel like a fresh game with new content for me :)

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
If this next update has no new content, I guess I still have a lot to play through since I haven't even unlocked the museum.

Are the Rhonda/Annie/Judith updates the result of a poll or the devs own plans?
Polls. See

FGM01

Jun 27, 2023
Polls. See
Interesting. At the risk of questioning the masses...people really voted for Annie over more of her mom? Not what I would've done at this stage but hey, maybe Lucy already has more story I haven't reached yet.

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
Some people clearly didn't read the forum rules, so here we go.

A game is only considered abandoned when there has been 3 months since the developer has NOT posted anything at all in regards to their respective game development, which means the game doesn't necessarily need an update each 3 months. The rules says it needs an update on how the development is going every 3 months. As long as the developer says he's working on the project and give news within the time frame of 3 months, a game shall not be considered abandoned, even if the game hasn't been updated in a decade (technically)

• Haha
Reactions: CoolHandChewie

TGafy

May 14, 2020
Interesting. At the risk of questioning the masses...people really voted for Annie over more of her mom? Not what I would've done at this stage but hey, maybe Lucy already has more story I haven't reached yet.
Nope. They both had and still have zilch in terms of sex scenes. Story-wise, Annie should have more since the MC runs into her from time to time at school. iirc Annie had to strip down to her undies in the principal's office, though I could be misremembering.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
honestly, been lurking around keeping an eye on this thread, and I've been pondering the pros and cons of the tech update for awhile now, on one hand you have the long wait, with a couple of small updates sprinkled here and there...

but I started thinking from the gameplay side, and having higher resolution is almost always a boon, and will be useful for some of the minigames, and let's be honest, more locations and more characters is still more overall content. I also am slightly hoping that the tech update also comes with some form of progress in terms of character stories that has been kept underwraps.

also, just how much is being done under the hood I wonder? maybe I'm being overly hopeful, but if it means they can push content out a bit easier in the future (post update... shock, horror I know, 2050 yadda yadda...) then that should be a good thing. because let's be honest, the amount of content already in the game is impressive.

ah well, Plenty of other games and things to do while waiting to see what happens.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
A game is only considered abandoned when there has been 3 months since the developer has NOT posted anything at all
Not strictly true:
From Game Uploading Rules
1690953854698.png
Based upon the rules, if DC doesn't release a new update by 30 April 2024 that places this thread eligible for being marked as abandoned (give or take a few days) - as I mentioned in post #70,841. Yes, there have been exceptions that have allowed games to go longer by a smidge. Yes, of the 15,000 games listed on this site, there are about 200 which are more than 18 months without an update and aren't marked abandoned, on-hold, completed.

The staff doesn't necessarily actively seek out games to flag as abandoned, rather they wait for someone to report the game because they have a limited staff (fewer than three dozen moderators/staff - not counting uploaders) with 20,000 or so people logged into this site at any given hour. Of those, several hundred are fucking around calling each other names, attempting to gain street-cred by being dicks or being childish, belligerently flaunting the rules, etc. and there are people who have legitimate questions, worries, concerns whose posts require more immediate attention than worrying if a pirated/free/shared game is a abandoned.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
As Friar Tuck would say: My brothers! Let's be patient while there's hope, don't label this game as ABANDONED!
View attachment 2818922
I literally just addressed this in the post above yours. Also, it doesn't matter if any game is marked as abandoned because it is removed should an update be released. It's an arbitrary label used by F95 to allow people on here to either:
  1. stop whining about how the thread needs to be marked abandoned; or
  2. start whining about the thread being marked abandoned because the game "had potential"
Now, can people start discussing their favorite Summertime Saga waifus again?

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes