Aug 4, 2023
So wait wait wait... DC outright said nope to Odette+Eve? Really? In this game where there's so many forced harem-esque situations...? When he in-game hinted at something between them...? That's actually insanely dumb.
Yeah, he was asked in a stream and he said it wasn't going to happen because "It wasn't in Eve's personality", and I mean he's probably right but like you mentioned this game is full of forced situations and besides it's strongly suggested that the scene was going to happen so it gets a little annoying.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Seven years into a project is an insane time to find out that numerous art assets are missing or corrupt, or that an earlier coder was using undocumented naming schemes, or any of the other bits of ridiculous development malpractice that have leaked out on Discord or Picarto streams.
Most of this has been well known. Some people here really seem to forget that DC started this whole game to teach himself coding and that all of the coding that was done in the first year(s), was done by someone who happened to be part of DC's early chats. Comparing that to any kind of professional work ist really besides the point.
Next to that people tend to forget, that DC struggled with the thought of a tech update before this one happened and that Patreons did vote against it, the first time he polled it. Which, by the way, was celebrated by most of the people who already screamed "he's milking" back then...
Having a good project manager makes everyone's lives easier because it removes uncertainty and redundancy and keeps everyone to a schedule. My own job would be impossible if we didn't have an admin staff keeping everyone's docket up-to-date; I'd spend half my day organizing my calendar otherwise.
I think it's important to differentiate between working in larger teams/companies and working in small teams. You don't need a manager in a semi well orgranized team of 3 people who are on good terms. You need someone who takes decisions and who holds people accountable and that's really it. That's clearly DC's job.

If DC didn't manage to make Dogeek work properly (I've seen them "argue" a few times in chat/stream), you think some random hired manager would have managed that? Nah. Again, you can't compare indie development to some kind of professional work environment - it'll never be the same.

What DC should have done, is getting a consultant/dev/coder who knows how to run large(ish) coding projects and who knows how to work with python/renpy, so there'd be workable roadmap for the tech update and he should have hired someone to prepare a lof of the stuff that's causing problems now, while they were still working on the main story. But that's something very different from having a manager in general.

The tech update isn't struggling because someone isn't keeping his deadlines or doesn't do what he's supposed to do, but because they fundementally, massively missjudged the work that had to be done before they started and had to figure all of that out while they had were already working.

Just to add:
I don't think DC personally cares thaaaaat much about all of that anyway. And we shouldn't either, to be honest. As long as he's creating assets for the game, the content will ultimately be released. If the tech update had been on time, there's a good chance we had never gotten some of these pre-tech scenes, for example.

After all, the only thing that's hurt by this delay is his financial bottom line and that's really only his personal problem.

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah, he was asked in a stream and he said it wasn't going to happen because "It wasn't in Eve's personality", and I mean he's probably right but like you mentioned this game is full of forced situations and besides it's strongly suggested that the scene was going to happen so it gets a little annoying.
There have been quite a few situations, in which Sploosh snuck in some pieces of dialog, which weren't really on DC's mind. Missy's sister is probably the best example, as DC never intetend her to have one, but by now people simply want to see her.

• Haha
Reactions: Necreonlord4

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
You have literally described a project manager.
The point I made was it was useless to hire somebody for that job. It's DC's job anyway, as he's the owner of the game and the company. So if DC didn't want to fire Dogeek because he thought the results were good enough, a manager couldn't have done that either. If DC wants to add item x to the game, a manager won't keep him from doing that.

Unless you seriously want to suggest that DC should hand over the decision making to somebody else? If no, then there's close to no space for someone to manage something meaningful. If yes... well... you know it won't happen.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: GucciGang69

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
The point I made was it was useless to hire somebody for that job. It's DC's job anyway, as he's the owner of the game and the company. So if DC didn't want to fire Dogeek because he thought the results were good enough, a manager couldn't have done that either. If DC wants to add item x to the game, a manager won't keep him from doing that.

Unless you seriously want to suggest that DC should hand over the decision making to somebody else? If no, then there's close to no space for someone to manage something meaningful. If yes... well... you know it won't happen.
1693238778885.jpeg

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Well we should get an MC update in 2 weeks if not delayed again. With Summertime Saga on the other hand, we won't get any update in foreseeable future
Wait do you really believe ICSTOR will release an update for milfy city? I wish I could be as optimistic as you. If he releases the update which should be the last one from what I understand, I will definitely play it. But I have no confidence in anything icstor or anyone on his team say.

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes