Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
To be fair, they have to basically fix 4 or 5 years worth of bad coding and rework pretty much all the art in the game. Before he decided to do the tech update, his release schedule wasn't that bad for a hand drawn game. The problem is that he really underestimated the amount of work that it takes to fixe all those things and said that the tech update would be done in around 9 months. And now 2 years later it's still not close to being finished.

I think people look at games like this and think they're easy to make. But even Japanese eroge takes many years for development. It’s part in why the hentai game industry has so many studios come and go, since many times the money they earn doesn't cover the money they spent on making it.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
u guys are nuts, 60.000 f*king thousand dollars a month?!!??!?!!? and for what? one update in a year?? holly fk, keep milking him you'll make him a millionaire then bye bye
Never mind this is off-topic. But tell me how he is milking? I'm confused, honestly. Please share one idea on why you think this developer is milking his subscribers.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also know that if you put forth a false statement toward your belief the developer is milking - be aware you may be called on your use of misunderstanding or misinformation - intentional or not.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is there any point in this bullshit? You've been a very active part of this thread for long enough to know exactly what people mean when they talk about milking Patreon subscribers. You are by no means confused, and especially not "honestly".
No, I am honestly confused and yes, I've been on this thread a long time. And I've tried to understand but no one has made a convincing claim. It's not bullshit. I don't understand how someone can claim someone is milking another when there is nothing milked. That's why I'm asking. Simply claiming that "millking" is occurring doesn't mean that it is. There has to be something behind the belief and I haven't seen anyone present anything which supports that.

And even though it's been stated by moderators that its off-topic, people get their comments about milking deleted at times, the claim still continues even by those who have had their off-topic claims removed by moderators - but nothing I have seen demonstrates why they think milking actually is happening.

And the fact that you chose to attack me rather than to present one reason is telling.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
No, I am honestly confused and yes, I've been on this thread a long time. And I've tried to understand but no one has made a convincing claim. It's not bullshit. I don't understand how someone can claim someone is milking another when there is nothing milked. That's why I'm asking. Simply claiming that "millking" is occurring doesn't mean that it is. There has to be something behind the belief and I haven't seen anyone present anything which supports that.

And even though it's been stated by moderators that its off-topic, people get their comments about milking deleted at times, the claim still continues even by those who have had their off-topic claims removed by moderators - but nothing I have seen demonstrates why they think milking actually is happening.

And the fact that you chose to attack me rather than to present one reason is telling.
It's funny because true milking behavior would more closely match the activity of many of the "good" devs people like to cite: release small, low-effort, and nearly inconsequential updates like clockwork once a month. That's not me calling anyone out, but more pointing to the simple fact that providing small monthly content is a better driver of maintaining Patreon subs than just hoping everyone will stay subscribed at high tiers over vague promises or complete silence. Graphtreon has provided ample evidence that updates = $.

And while I'm speculating, I feel like a lot of the people who are quick to cry "milking!" are revealing more about themselves than the dev. The thought of having a job where people pay you to not work is so irresistible to them that it's the only conceivable reason they can find for extended development times. Creative burnout? Complex systems providing complex bugs? Nah, it's just them lazy folk who want to get paid for not working!

As the last few years of social media have proven, feelings matter more than facts to a great deal of people.

Zhmil

Jul 18, 2020
Guys, haven't played this game, I have a few questions:
- Are the sex scenes animated in this game?
- should I start playing now, or wait for the update? I heard there it is technical and will change the game a lot.

r4d213ck1

Sep 13, 2020
- should I start playing now, or wait for the update? I heard there it is technical and will change the game a lot.
-yes
-play now update will be two years from now

Reactions: Count Morado

kiki013

Jan 12, 2021
surely you better wait for the update. it will change e v e r y t h i n g and it's almost here.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
And while I'm speculating, I feel like a lot of the people who are quick to cry "milking!" are revealing more about themselves than the dev. The thought of having a job where people pay you to not work is so irresistible to them that it's the only conceivable reason they can find for extended development times. Creative burnout? Complex systems providing complex bugs? Nah, it's just them lazy folk who want to get paid for not working!
Programming can be hard? I guess that explains why programmers need a university degree and make $100k+ per year.

For real, non-programmers sure have strong opinions about how long projects should take.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
It's funny because true milking behavior would more closely match the activity of many of the "good" devs people like to cite: release small, low-effort, and nearly inconsequential updates like clockwork once a month.
That's the stage they've been at a year ago or so. Since then, they've grown even more complacent, to the point of releasing just a few wallpapers every few months.

The reason i've decided to call out your claim was i found it absolutely unbelievable you're being genuine. No one on this forum should have any trouble grasping the concept people around here refer to as "milking", considering it pops up inevitably in thread for any game with slow rate of development, and gets discussed ad nauseam and at length.

And no, i had no interest in "presenting one reason" i.e. perpetuating this nonsense for yet another cycle. If you really have failed to understand the presented concept until now, then reading about it yet again is unlikely to change anything in this regard.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
That's the stage they've been at a year ago or so. Since then, they've grown even more complacent, to the point of releasing just a few wallpapers every few months.

The reason i've decided to call out your claim was i found it absolutely unbelievable you're being genuine. No one on this forum should have any trouble grasping the concept people around here refer to as "milking", considering it pops up inevitably in thread for any game with slow rate of development, and gets discussed ad nauseam and at length.

And no, i had no interest in "presenting one reason" i.e. perpetuating this nonsense for yet another cycle. If you really have failed to understand the presented concept until now, then reading about it yet again is unlikely to change anything in this regard.
I have no failure of understanding of the concept. What I do not understand is how it applies to this title. Because none of the concept of milking applies to this title, that I can see. To quote Inigo Montoya, people "keep using that word, I do not think it means what" they think it means.

Such as your perception that you think they've grown complacent (whether true or not)... that would not be an example of milking as the wallpapers you mention are specifically membership/subscriber perks which they are fulfilling. And I am aware you were not implying it as such - just using it as an example.

FaptainAmerica

Jul 17, 2017
Yo, I made a mod that allows the player to knock up Trans Eve.

Disclaimer: this isn't a political statement and is purely fetish shit. Go nuts.
Feel free to include this in any mods or publicly released works.

To install:
1) Make a bunch of folders (don't think it matters if they're empty) to the following directory
game\scripts\characters\eve\scene

2) Put Sex_Scenes.rpy in
game\scripts\characters\eve

3) Put sex_wake and sex_shower in
game\scripts\characters\eve\scene

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017

By their logic, churches also milk people by getting donations

• Angry
Reactions: BeaAndNessa
Aug 4, 2023
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bro, she was a totally DIFFERENT character in the early versions. Just play 0.14.5 and see it yourself.

View attachment 2886857
View attachment 2886859

View attachment 2886860
View attachment 2886861

So, which is DC's wife? cool & smart Eve or shy & dejected Eve?

Just wondering when you guys stop believing in DC's bullshit.
I'm just repeting what he said, I never stated that is true, and anyway it can totally be the reworked Eve, I don't know why you say all this as if it's impossible that DC thought: "Eve needs a redesign of appearance and personality, you know what? she reminds me a little bit of my wife, let me base it a little bit on her".

And again I'm NOT saying this is true, is just what he is saying.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
By their logic, churches also milk people by getting donations
Now that's something I'd actually understand as a. Tithing to keep in good graces with the church so that you think you will get into everlasting paradise. Or the whole concept of the prosperity gospel ("plant a seed by sending in $100 to my church today, and see it grow seven-fold in return to you") is a milking machine.

tokuin

Mar 21, 2018
To be fair, they have to basically fix 4 or 5 years worth of bad coding and rework pretty much all the art in the game. Before he decided to do the tech update, his release schedule wasn't that bad for a hand drawn game. The problem is that he really underestimated the amount of work that it takes to fix all those things and said that the tech update would be done in around 9 months. And now 2 years later it's still not close to being finished.
Not really. The game isn't that complex. If the code was really that bad, they could just start over from scratch, reuse the assets and be done in a couple months.

Reactions: Chili_Chale_Cholo

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Not really. The game isn't that complex. If the code was really that bad, they could just start over from scratch, reuse the assets and be done in a couple months.
(Overheard from DC's computer desk) "Fuck! Why didn't we think of that?!"
Scraps everything. Starts anew.

There are about 19,500 images in this simple game. Several hundred of which needed reworked to 16:9 display ratio and almost all of them posed to match. Also --
There are 1,630 code files... 635 scripts in the characters directory, 695 in the locations directory, and 73 in the minigames directory. Those 1,403 files are "content". The other 227 files mostly contain functions that get called by the content scripts.
In the end, most of the coding probably will have been rewritten from scratch - using the original code only as a reference for charting story progression, variable tracking, and calling images for display. All the while deciphering what the previous half dozen or so previous coders had patched together over the half dozen or so years.

So while you may think it's not that complex, the 970 MB of images and 26.2 MB of text files (about 300,000-400,000 lines of code or approximately 2 million words) for the coding is a vast amount of data to go through to make sure everything is reworked correctly. That takes time.

Aug 4, 2023
(Overheard from DC's computer desk) "Fuck! Why didn't we think of that?!"
Scraps everything. Starts anew.

There are about 19,500 images in this simple game. Several hundred of which needed reworked to 16:9 display ratio and almost all of them posed to match. Also --

In the end, most of the coding probably will have been rewritten from scratch - using the original code only as a reference for charting story progression, variable tracking, and calling images for display. All the while deciphering what the previous half dozen or so previous coders had patched together over the half dozen or so years.

So while you may think it's not that complex, the 970 MB of images and 26.2 MB of text files (about 300,000-400,000 lines of code or approximately 2 million words) for the coding is a vast amount of data to go through to make sure everything is reworked correctly. That takes time.
Yeah, but no 3 years complex, DC has the resources to have completed this a year and a half ago.

Reactions: altair321 and D2K
4.00 star(s) 363 Votes