Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Yeah, but no 3 years complex, DC has the resources to have completed this a year and a half ago.
I'm not arguing the level of complexity, I'm stating that it's a helluva lot of data to comb through. Also, you say that - but you don't know that. You are making an assumption but promoting it as an absolute.

I hold the expert opinions of the established modders of Summertime Saga with greater credibility than others.

Reactions: XoticRealmZ

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Not really. The game isn't that complex. If the code was really that bad, they could just start over from scratch, reuse the assets and be done in a couple months.
Big words. Care to back up that claim?

Yeah, but no 3 years complex, DC has the resources to have completed this a year and a half ago.
Oh now it's 3 years? I thought the other day it was 2. Can you guys actually make up your minds?

Last edited:

kikilake12

Jun 1, 2020
I clearly wrote: "DC has the resources to have completed this a year and a half ago"
I don't have the resources that DC have, I think it is clearly self-explanatory.
and i think you just need to wait your on this site not a paying patreon you don't know where the money the patreon gets goes to so how bout you stop bitching.

• Angry
Reactions: BeaAndNessa
Aug 4, 2023
I'm not arguing the level of complexity, I'm stating that it's a helluva lot of data to comb through. Also, you say that - but you don't know that. You are making an assumption but promoting it as an absolute.

I hold the expert opinions of the established modders of Summertime Saga with greater credibility than others.
Regardless of the opinions of game modders, they don't have the power that DC has over his game (money, hiring, etc) to speed it up, so clearly for them it takes a good time to get it done but DC can speed it up everything because he has all this, which is my argument and I repeat: "DC has the resources to have finished this a year and a half ago".

Aug 4, 2023
Oh now it's 3 years? I thought the other day it was 2. Can you guys actually make up your minds?
I say three years (being optimistic) because I think the game will be released in March 2024 but in present time it is 2 and a half years.

If you believe that this update will be completed in some time in the remainder of the year I think you are one of the most optimistic people about this game that I have ever seen.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Regardless of the opinions of game modders, they don't have the power that DC has over his game (money, hiring, etc) to speed it up, so clearly for them it takes a good time to get it done but DC can speed it up everything because he has all this, which is my argument and I repeat: "DC has the resources to have finished this a year and a half ago".
You don't know how much it would cost to get the job done in the timeline you would like it done. You don't know how many staff it would require. You don't know how much money DC has. Again, while you can have an opinion - it's better to have a well-informed one otherwise you're just filling your britches.

Hell, had DC been better informed, he wouldn't have thought it would take only a few months in the first place. If he - from the inside with his knowledge and experience within his own creation - was mistaken... many of us on the outside are even more in error in whatever assumption we might attempt to make.

Aug 4, 2023
You don't know how much it would cost to get the job done in the timeline you would like it done. You don't know how much money DC has. Again, while you can have an opinion - it's better to have a well-informed one otherwise you're just filling your britches.
Well, you have your opinions based on pirate modders, your information and defense about DC taking a ridiculous amount of time to update a game in Ren'Py with 2d art is just as valid as mine.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Well, you have your opinions based on pirate modders, your information and defense about DC taking a ridiculous amount of time to update a game in Ren'Py with 2d art is just as valid as mine.
Again, I am not defending anyone. And no. You would be wrong because you are making an opinion from a position of being intentionally unaware without any interest in seeking information to create an informed opinion. So no, your opinion is not as valid.

Aug 4, 2023
Again, I am not defending anyone. And no. You would be wrong because you are making an opinion from a position of being intentionally unaware without any interest in seeking information to create an informed opinion. So no, your opinion is not as valid.
My opinion is just as informed as yours, that you believe otherwise because some modder convinced you of it is your perception and that's fine but it's still just your opinion and in no way overshadows the opinion of others.

The fact that you respond to every post about it makes you defend a position, so yes, yes you are defending DC's way of working, a way that is clearly disorganized and poorly executed, so I maintain my position: DC could have finished this update a year and a half ago.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Maybe you should check how long some other 2d art games have taken in development without even a scrap of gameplay in it before talking shit about a game that, at least in the past, actually did offer some new things to play.

Let's take that STARLESS sequel, Great Pretender, that came out 4 years after their previous title Closed GAME and that’s a game that can be beaten within 3 hours.

kikilake12

Jun 1, 2020
My opinion is just as informed as yours, that you believe otherwise because some modder convinced you of it is your perception and that's fine but it's still just your opinion and in no way overshadows the opinion of others.

The fact that you respond to every post about it makes you defend a position, so yes, yes you are defending DC's way of working, a way that is clearly disorganized and poorly executed, so I maintain my position: DC could have finished this update a year and a half ago.
you do know dc already finished the art for this and rhonda right?

• Haha
Reactions: BeaAndNessa

tokuin

Mar 21, 2018
(Overheard from DC's computer desk) "Fuck! Why didn't we think of that?!"
Scraps everything. Starts anew.

There are about 19,500 images in this simple game. Several hundred of which needed reworked to 16:9 display ratio and almost all of them posed to match. Also --

In the end, most of the coding probably will have been rewritten from scratch - using the original code only as a reference for charting story progression, variable tracking, and calling images for display. All the while deciphering what the previous half dozen or so previous coders had patched together over the half dozen or so years.

So while you may think it's not that complex, the 970 MB of images and 26.2 MB of text files (about 300,000-400,000 lines of code or approximately 2 million words) for the coding is a vast amount of data to go through to make sure everything is reworked correctly. That takes time.
images are not code. Images fall under "assets", which if you read what I wrote, I said to reuse.

tokuin

Mar 21, 2018
Big words. Care to back up that claim?

You can't claim the issue is that the code is a mess cause he didn't know how to code when he started and then not understand that it easier to restart from scratch with the knowledge you have gained from your mistakes than to try to go in and find all the issues one by one and fix them. That process would cause more issues because as you fix the code you will create new conflicts. I'm sorry that that is outside of your understanding.

4.00 star(s) 363 Votes