McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
i wonder what DC would say if someone asked him how much time per day he commits to STS daily himself. you might think with all the money he makes, 8 hours is the minimum. every lawyer, plastic surgeon or whatever who makes this amount of money is probably not seeing his house before the evening but with DC it feels like he has been using the last couple years as a vacation from busting his ass at the beginning of STS development. doodling a wallpaper here and there while on stream or some backgrounds while the money rolls in. people said he is done doing ronda and background art for a year, yet he sitll does both (and takes his time doing it)

Reactions: TaurusBR
May 6, 2017
I can appreciate your frustration - but the honest thing is that this game will most likely not be "over" for years. You could easily wait another 5 years (even after the tech update is rolled out) before a possible v1.0.0 is even considered for release.

Also, the idea of an adult game being complete is becoming more of a rarity than a norm. As I have stated previously, these are becoming more like television series where as long as the developer has ideas and there are fans wanting more content, development will just keep going and going and going (consider "The Simpsons" or "South Park" and their years of content). This is both the benefit and the bane of the subscription-based development model.

Best of luck to you.
I would also like to add that this game is *actually* complete. Main story is done, all major characters have their stories.

So we are basically waiting for DLC and remaster.

BokkoBokko

Dec 18, 2022
Based on the current reception of this game, I'm glad I've only discovered it recently lol. Easily the best sandbox/sim ERPG game I've played. Aside from the mc being a little too much of an autist, it's damn near perfect compared to a lot of it's contemporaries.
Only game I've seen that can compete is My Daily Life Of my Countryside, and that's only because of it's animation and art-style, when it comes to progression, story and gameplay mechanics, STS blows everything else out of the water by far. It seems like this 2 year update people have been waiting for is nearly complete, so hopefully it can drop before the end of this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cube78

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
i wonder what DC would say if someone asked him how much time per day he commits to STS daily himself. you might think with all the money he makes, 8 hours is the minimum. every lawyer, plastic surgeon or whatever who makes this amount of money is probably not seeing his house before the evening but with DC it feels like he has been using the last couple years as a vacation from busting his ass at the beginning of STS development. doodling a wallpaper here and there while on stream or some backgrounds while the money rolls in. people said he is done doing ronda and background art for a year, yet he sitll does both (and takes his time doing it)
I'll just leave this here: #28,647

BokkoBokko

Dec 18, 2022
Aside from the mc being a little too much of an autist, it's damn near perfect
Hold up lmaoo, Erik done pissed me off, that route for Erik's mom was some BS lmfao. Takes way too long, and a decent amount of money before you even do anything with her. Then when you're done being his errand boy, you get like 2 real scenes with her, and you have to share both of them with this pathetic fucko that makes you spend like 2k on him so he can jack off???? Considering how much you do for Erik, Tammy could've at least got half as many scenes as Jenny or something. Shit you do so much for Erik's bitchass, That you might as well of got the option to fuck him too, changed his name to Erica with a gender-bend ending. Tammy deserved more scenes/better content. Literally the only route I didn't like so far.

Satyrsfaction

Mar 8, 2020
this is abandoned in every aspect only not named so
tech update means trivial coding enhancement but no more story or character update
no resoultion for depth storyline, or mafia guys that come home who can force mother and sister into working for them
or into prostitution or no more teacher quests bugfixes
(once reloaded a save game after giving an item asian teacher wants, it is flagged as not given and since it already has been given to her item does not appear in store and so that teachers quests are unavailable forever)
besides many news (including monthly Status updates) I found this:

"DarkCookie
7 months ago
Upcoming lighthouse location!​
One of the new locations coming with the Tech update (Lighthouse) is done and will be implemented upon release. Some of you may have followed the live streams while I worked on it, but for those who haven't, here it is!​
I'm now working on the "Biker bar" interior location. check it out during our live streams! "​

source:

You can also find the current processing status there
(18th Sept. 2023)
process_SummtertimeSaga_(18thSept,2023).png
"abandoned in every aspect"
... and the aspects are? It seems the only aspect you talk about is the release.
"only trivial coding"
... I would say this update is a bit more than trivial coding

Btw, I found some new characters here:
like: Catherine, Jade, Mrs. Irfan, Mr. Matthews, Mrs. Boyle ... and Aqua has a new look
(at least I don't remember seeing these characters in the game)

PS:
I have already supported other games, not this one yet, but I think everyone should be left to decide for themselves whether and which games they support. WITHOUT SUPPORT, this game (and many others) probably wouldn't exist or would have been abandoned for real.
And Dark Cookie is not the sole earner here... source: (at bottom of page )

DarkCookie: Art, Story & Design; Strayerror: Lead Code; CaptainSploosh: Story & Dialogue;
Catbug: Posing; AoiichiNiiSan Music & SFX; Sam9: Servers, website & Discord;
"CreamyCookie: HR & Cookie Baker" <- I don't know exactly who that is supposed to be (Dark Cookies' wife?) and whether "HR" stands for human resource.

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
This game really went downhill, this tech update is taking way too long and we wont see any content for another year after the tech update is done, DC even on todays stream sayed to someone there is alot of things to do and it needs to be tested (idk but this is a big alarm cause it seems they aint testing stuff and could take even more time), but really want the tech update to end to see how fast they gonna release next update, to see if this tech was really needed, thankfully we have some good games around to fill the wait and even forget this game exists.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam 998 and XCelesX

PerikoElTuerto

Nov 24, 2018
It's sad to see this, i was a patreon but i stop being it because it's not normal taking two years to release the tech update. I check every month the progress bar and it doesn't pass the 85%. Yes, it's hard to make the code of the game but... ¿2 years? maybe MC should hire another more qualified programmer to end the code.

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
I know that a lot of you are just venting and letting off steam, but it does NO GOOD to bitch and it just frustrates the group of us that are just patiently waiting for whatever comes, whenever it comes. This is a great game and I will be starting to play it from the beginning in the near future, because I haven't done that in a while. There is a LOT of content and a LOT to enjoy.

So, saying all the, you complainers need to just give it a rest and play the hundreds of games that are referenced on this site and wait. Something will probably happen sometime. :)

th3n

Jan 27, 2022
besides many news (including monthly Status updates) I found this:
View attachment 2939105
I am pleased that the game is not abandoned. I love this game.

Since we seem to have a lot of coding experts in the thread - here are all the 1,625 scripts from the current version. Have at it.
For this, im not super advanced respect creating a game but i know a little about python. If we can help just tell how and if i can i'll do it.

ProfN42

Feb 16, 2022
Since we seem to have a lot of coding experts in the thread - here are all the 1,625 scripts from the current version. Have at it.
why does the filename reference 2016? Is... is that when all the scripts were written? Literally back when the thread was first created?

Lol this is a seven year old thread, I just realized that. This thread is old enough to go to elementary school. just, wow.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Are the people defending this on his team, trolling or deep in sunk cost or tribalism. The arguments are terrible and repetitive.

I'll just leave this here: #28,647
Some self awareness, a post from 4 years as defence, that they think it stays relevant. Good games have been started and finished in that time

Also the "play other games" do that, but it only takes a moment to drop a complaint, if it's earned it why not and it helps people see what a mess things have become.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
why does the filename reference 2016? Is... is that when all the scripts were written? Literally back when the thread was first created?

Lol this is a seven year old thread, I just realized that. This thread is old enough to go to elementary school. just, wow.
v0.20.16 --> 2016. Your humor falls flat.
The arguments are terrible and repetitive.

Some self awareness, a post from 4 years as defence, that they think it stays relevant. Good games have been started and finished in that time

Also the "play other games" do that, but it only takes a moment to drop a complaint, if it's earned it why not and it helps people see what a mess things have become.
They are repetitive because the whining is repetitive. You can only say the same thing so many different ways. Also, no one is defending anyone.

If you would notice - that post is the same user who is now doing the same thing they were railing against in the past. It's called irony and/or hypocrisy.

Also - as has been stated here hundreds of times - a complaint here does nothing to change the situation. The developer doesn't interact on this site. Complaints are just farting in the wind. It's bitching to bitch. It's attention seeking behavior. It's whining. It's throwing a tantrum in the middle of the store. Suck it up - have patience - do something else while you wait. If you don't want to wait - even better, move along. shitting up the thread is just that.

otranu

Dec 4, 2018
I don't think he (Anyone) should cancel his life because he is winning money, he has a family and i even if he don't, its perfectly fine to work ~40hs weekly. Also , not always working more makes things go faster, those career you need to work a lot beacuse you are almost in a competition.

Of course anyone can stop pledging if they think giving 5 dolars a month to someone is enough to buy a slave but , of course, thats an opinion.

4.00 star(s) 361 Votes