otranu

Dec 4, 2018
you think DC is working 40 hours a week on summertime saga?
I've seen some streams for some of the characters updates and i dont know how much he work , but there was much more content apart from the what he does in that hour of stream.

Also I dont care. The developer has made a bunch of mistakes, but most of them don't seem to be because they're not putting in the effort. The issues mostly come from how the characters are posed and how the code works. Even if he were to work longer hours with no specific tasks, it wont fix these problems.

Reactions: atomicp

PULALAU1

Oct 13, 2017
hmmm i feel like after finishing the main story the other mini stories of characters are sloppy , very rushed and to small the best girls of the game don't even have a sex route yet

mamajoe321321

Jun 5, 2022
v0.20.16 --> 2016. Your humor falls flat.
They are repetitive because the whining is repetitive. You can only say the same thing so many different ways. Also, no one is defending anyone.

If you would notice - that post is the same user who is now doing the same thing they were railing against in the past. It's called irony and/or hypocrisy.

Also - as has been stated here hundreds of times - a complaint here does nothing to change the situation. The developer doesn't interact on this site. Complaints are just farting in the wind. It's bitching to bitch. It's attention seeking behavior. It's whining. It's throwing a tantrum in the middle of the store. Suck it up - have patience - do something else while you wait. If you don't want to wait - even better, move along. shitting up the thread is just that.
If complaining does nothing why are you constantly actively defending DC and remowing every single valid complaint ?

kikilake12

Jun 1, 2020
sploosh said: Other than fixing file names (which he will still be doing after the tech update releases because there are still characters who aren't rigged), DC is done with everything we need for the tech update. Anything he does from this point forward is just icing on top of the cake.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
sploosh said: Other than fixing file names (which he will still be doing after the tech update releases because there are still characters who aren't rigged), DC is done with everything we need for the tech update. Anything he does from this point forward is just icing on top of the cake.
Right, and DC has basically been done with his part of the tech update for a long time. The coder and the posers are the ones with most of the outstanding tasks necessary for the tech update.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Right, and DC has basically been done with his part of the tech update for a long time. The coder and the posers are the ones with most of the outstanding tasks necessary for the tech update.
Is he actually done, though? This was off of yesterday's stream, which was focused on expanding the background for the art teacher (it's been years and I can't remember her name) sex scene:
1695158844476.png

We keep seeing things like this crop up from time to time, almost like he forgets that there is still artwork that needs to be converted and it never comes up until a coder or poser gets to that section and has to remind him.

TaurusBR

Oct 7, 2019
2 years ago, tech update was 80%, now 2 years later it is 82%, that is (correct me if I'm wrong), the game will be completed in 18 years?! Apparently, it could be the other way around, 18% were completed and the other 82% is still missing, which in theory would be 82 years?!

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is he actually done, though? This was off of yesterday's stream, which was focused on expanding the background for the art teacher (it's been years and I can't remember her name) sex scene:
View attachment 2942489

We keep seeing things like this crop up from time to time, almost like he forgets that there is still artwork that needs to be converted and it never comes up until a coder or poser gets to that section and has to remind him.
I understand what you are saying. And as we have all said, his project manager skills suck. However, this isn't what is holding up the tech update. It's the coding and the posing.

What I am about to say will appear to be "defending DC," but it's standard with many projects and anyone who has worked on a large project is aware of this - things slip through the cracks, such as a handful of backgrounds or "oops, missed redoing this piece" here and there.

Like you say - he forgets or missing things. There are 19,000+ image files, including hundred or so of background files (or a couple of hundred). What's undeniable is that DC's artwork is not the bottleneck in the tech update. Implying or explicitly stating that it is would not be a correct summation of the situation. We both know this.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
View attachment 2942489

I guess we are talking about scenes which aren't/weren't supposed to be reworked, yet? As far as I'm aware, they never intended to convert these into widescreen, as some of them would be replaced eventually.

Those scenes, which are supposed to remain will be converted to 16:9 (every scene from 0.16. onward), those who are due to be reworked/replaced will stay in 4:3 (those created before 0.16.). At least that's how I understood it up to now.

Then again, it's certainly true that you'll almost always find something you've forgotten during your preparation, while you are doing to actual job that follows.

Last edited:

Mika2820270

Nov 1, 2022
Some people said that it was our fault to vote for the tech update instead fo the other routes.
For my personal opinion DC could have completed all routes and then do the tech update as a polish version of the game.
Also DC it not at fault there they didn't know that they would so much problems with the codes and the posing.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Some people said that it was our fault to vote for the tech update instead fo the other routes.
it's not because back then he said it would take as much time as a regular update so 3-4 months. if he was being honest nobody would have voted for the tech update knowing it would take years with no end in sight. i also don't buy that you can miscalculate the scope of the project by years no matter how shitty of a project manager you are

impropertaboo

Nov 24, 2018
2 years ago, tech update was 80%, now 2 years later it is 82%, that is (correct me if I'm wrong), the game will be completed in 18 years?! Apparently, it could be the other way around, 18% were completed and the other 82% is still missing, which in theory would be 82 years?!
no, it means the tech update will be completed in 18 years. and if things continue at this pace, it will take him another 100 years to finish the next update.

• Haha
Reactions: TaurusBR

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
For my personal opinion DC could have completed all routes and then do the tech update as a polish version of the game.
Also DC it not at fault there they didn't know that they would so much problems with the codes and the posing.
That would have been the best route to take, but tech was the choice they made and the development of tech is nowhere near the end has it still missing alot of stuff to do, probably 2025 we will see the end or end of 2024, but i have to say they were aware of the problems they were going to face they just never thought it would take them this long, Dc needs to stop acting like there isnt a problem, cause the coder has alot on his shoulders and an extra hand would have been a lifesaver sure it would have reduced a bit on first week the coding but by now they would have progressed alot, posing isnt helping either cause i heard many times they the reason of the slow progression and its building up more work for the coder.

Ichii

Jul 5, 2017
I honestly think there should be a monthly voting system where patrons can vote and if certain goals are not meat = no money, and based on a super majority vote so 2/3 of the patrons, so these fucks can get create shit on a decent pace and not abuse the f system. . he is ranking in 60 k a month at a snails pace progress.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I honestly think there should be a monthly voting system where patrons can vote and if certain goals are not meat = no money, and based on a super majority vote so 2/3 of the patrons, so these fucks can get create shit on a decent pace and not abuse the f system. . he is ranking in 60 k a month at a snails pace progress.
Why would anybody spend money, so he can vote to not give money? It's really way, way simpler: If you are happy with what you get, you give money, if you are not, you don't.

If 2/3 of people think that DC is too slow, they should just cancel their pledge. It's basically the same effort as casting a vote in a poll and it's much more effective.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As expected, the Rhonda material from stream ended up as our monthly "please don't unsubscribe guyz" wallpaper. Are these supposed to be phone wallpapers, though? The dimensions are for 1080p, but unless you leave a second screen permanently on portrait mode for comics and hentai work documents it'd make for an awkward fit on a normal monitor. And though I don't like to judge, you'd have to be a special kind of degenerate to leave up cartoon smut as your phone background when out in public.

4.00 star(s) 361 Votes