pebuma

Jan 21, 2018
If from now on the progress increased by 1% every week, we would no longer reach 100% this year...
Communication is key to keeping people calm, but the development team hasn't figured that out. Unfortunately, you don't get any concrete statements about the exact progress, only vague statements.

May 6, 2017
Code [162/233] 69%

Posing [74/93] 79%

So if code gets 1% done each month would that mean we need to wait about almost 3 years from here before the update is completed with bug fixes and all?...:oops:

Or is the website behind or something a lot in the news?...
I'm not a paid sub anymore, but when I was - the dev tracker showed large and small tasks in code section. Like "recode X route" is one task and "implement a minigame" is one task too.

Would be cool if someone could give us a screenshot of the dev tracker.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
New sketches from Picarto. Could there be wallpaper materials for the next update?
If you mean the next Patreon update, almost certainly, yes.

Else these wallpapers are usually cut scenes for the game, but in that case we'll have to wait until Ronda's/Annie's updates are released.

Reactions: tankdick

randommal3

Oct 14, 2018
imo it'll be wallpapers and part of the game. First it'll be wallpapers and after 10 years after my first grandson dies it'll come out with the update.
K, I'm off to find a wife.
You go find a wife, I have a quest to do, that is finding the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller

Reactions: sbz7

interlinked

Aug 12, 2018
I don't remember last time I played this game, but holy shit ... a whole YEAR without an update? I swear this is just a cash milking scheme for the dev team. I truly wish that 70% of support Summertime Saga nad Seeds of Chaos receive would go to new up and coming games. A lot of great games like Nothing is Forever are given breadcrumbs while dead giants are milking 50 grand a month.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I don't remember last time I played this game, but holy shit ... a whole YEAR without an update? I swear this is just a cash milking scheme for the dev team. I truly wish that 70% of support Summertime Saga nad Seeds of Chaos receive would go to new up and coming games. A lot of great games like Nothing is Forever are given breadcrumbs while dead giants are milking 50 grand a month.
actually-nerd.gif

It hasn't been 1 year yet. The last update came out October 31st 2022.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xupuzulla

Cube78

May 10, 2020
To be precise, the progress is 83.75%.

To be even more precise:
Progress for Tech Update -
Total Tasks: 554
Completed: 83.75%
InProgress: 2.89%
Remaining: 13.36%
It seems to me like an export from a project management tool like Jira.
The freezed progress bar is IMHO either be caused by (a) they worked for months to tasks that were not originally planned, so their completion didn't make the progress bar advance, or (b) they didn't update the status in the tool for months.

gameers

Dec 3, 2017
if in update will not been redwared all bg and images to full hd, so i don't know what are they doing all year. xd

Balddog

Mar 3, 2021
To be precise, the progress is 83.75%.

To be even more precise:

It seems to me like an export from a project management tool like Jira.
The freezed progress bar is IMHO either be caused by (a) they worked for months to tasks that were not originally planned, so their completion didn't make the progress bar advance, or (b) they didn't update the status in the tool for months.
All I know is that at this point, I've lost interest in this game. I bet you anything that IF they release the new update by the end of the month, you'll watch this thread go form "Summertime Saga v0.20.16" to either "Summertime Saga v0.20.18" or Summertime Saga v0.20.20." Either way, we would have had waited a whole year for about 2 hours (if we're that lucky) of new content. That doesn't quite scream "We care about our fan base." Don't get me wrong, ONCE Annie's route drops five years from now, I'll defiantly come back to this game.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
All I know is that at this point, I've lost interest in this game. I bet you anything that IF they release the new update by the end of the month, you'll watch this thread go form "Summertime Saga v0.20.16" to either "Summertime Saga v0.20.18" or Summertime Saga v0.20.20." Either way, we would have had waited a whole year for about 2 hours (if we're that lucky) of new content. That doesn't quite scream "We care about our fan base." Don't get me wrong, ONCE Annie's route drops five years from now, I'll defiantly come back to this game.
There will be no update by the end of this month or next month or for at least several months - spring 2024, at the earliest.

Also, that next update will have ZERO new playthrough content. v0.21.0 is the tech update that has been worked on for over 2.5 years.

We'll see you in 2025 or later when v0.23.0 - Annie's update - is released.

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
I do hope for DC's sake he gets out that Tech update before Patreon implodes, as I genuinely wonder how many people will actually migrate and continue paying monthly at current rates when Patreon goes bust or does an Elon. I don't think it's a matter of *if* Patreon implodes either; it'll happen and it might be quite soon.

Looking at the roadmap it's clear DC was quietly gunning for that Tech update to win because it seemed to be on his mind for a while. I wonder how he feels about it now.

Reactions: Davai099

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I do hope for DC's sake he gets out that Tech update before Patreon implodes, as I genuinely wonder how many people will actually migrate and continue paying monthly at current rates when Patreon goes bust or does an Elon. I don't think it's a matter of *if* Patreon implodes either; it'll happen and it might be quite soon.

Looking at the roadmap it's clear DC was quietly gunning for that Tech update to win because it seemed to be on his mind for a while. I wonder how he feels about it now.
Though the discussion of Patreon "imploding" or "going bust" is off-topic --- There's nothing in the Patreon subscriber trends (#73,034) that points to either, whether in the near future or the far.

As for the polling 3 years ago for the tech update -- there was nothing quiet about DC's support. He planned to do it, no matter what. The choice for the patreons was whether to do it before R(h)onda's update or after.

DC has previously stated that the android market for Summertime Saga, in terms of official downloads, is large - if not the largest segment of official downloads. In addition to his own data - the global data show that more people are connecting to the internet with mobile devices than with desktops/laptops. Also, for the gaming industry, in general, mobile revenues surpass any other gaming platform - computer, console, etc. The tech update has a strong focus in making the game more enjoyable for the mobile market. Even though he sucks at project management - he doesn't seem to lack at vision: the tech update is about future playing, not the players of today... or yesterday.

noirsin7

May 19, 2020
Till this day i still don't know why DC not put more his focus on coding instead an art last time i check the art is 3 patch in advance but code is not much it's was like the car engine is broke and little scratched on the frame but car mechanic re install all frame in the car 2 time then re paint frame over and over but only welding the engine 1cm per week

4.00 star(s) 364 Votes