Automata

Apr 10, 2017
I agree that the way they have maneged the project is really bad, but the lack of communication argument is really dumb. The dude livestreams almost every day if you want to ask him questions about the game it's really easy to do so.
I said proper communication. I'm glad he live streams and you can ask him questions. However, when you run a business and that's what this is at this point, that's not what's considered the proper way to clue in your investors.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I said proper communication. I'm glad he live streams and you can ask him questions. However, when you run a business and that's what this is at this point, that's not what's considered the proper way to clue in your investors.
There are monthly status reports by now. What more would you like?

Reactions: Count Morado

ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
This game hasn't had 100k a month long enough to reach the Star Citizen kickstarter campaigns or Star Citizen itself. Star Citizen year to date has grossed more than . That said this game has more than made enough to support it's development by a significant margin. After all he was making even back in 2021.

The only logical conclusions for the amount of money this game has made vs the lack of released content is only a few things - incompetence, corruption or both. The long time lack of proper communication doesn't help people's opinions on the matter either.
I mentioned the kickstarter campaigns of SC, not the stocks.
the first was for 2 million. and the one to fund the Squadron 42. (When they hired Mark Hamill) made 5 million.

if a lowball calculation of 50k at 2019 , already surpassed 3 million. you really think it can't reach 7 million depending on when it hit 100K? :unsure:

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
I mentioned the kickstarter campaigns of SC, not the stocks.
the first was for 2 million. and the one to fund the Squadron 42. (When they hired Mark Hamill) made 5 million.

if a lowball calculation of 50k at 2019 , already surpassed 3 million. you really think it can't reach 7 million depending on when it hit 100K? :unsure:
I did mentioned the kickstarters, although I did include Star Citizen ytd. I do think it can pass the kickstarters numbers and I never said otherwise. My point was I don't think it has surpassed those numbers yet.

As an investor I would have liked monthly status reports from the beginning.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
As an investor I would have liked monthly status reports from the beginning.
Why would that matter? If the one you are "investing" in wasn't providing the information you wanted to have, you shouldn't have "invested" in the first place. One of the most important rules is to understand what you are "investing" in.

Then again, the game is free after all, so there's no risk of losing anything by not giving money.

ohcmonrest

Jul 22, 2017
So many good causes to spend your money on and yet people willingly throw theirs at DC instead. Who are these people?

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
So many good causes to spend your money on and yet people willingly throw theirs at DC instead. Who are these people?
Who cares? It's their money who are you to tell them where they should spend their money? We all agree that this game has been managed very poorly but at the end of the day no one is forced to support him. Complaining here doesn't do shit. People have been spamming the thread with the same stuff for 2 years now and he is still making more money in a month than a lot of people make in an entire year. That will not change any time soon so just move on to another game.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Not sure if you're being serious... :unsure:
Honestly, yes. This isn't some kind of actual investment - not even something remotely close. On average it's (horney) guys giving some money for a limited amount of time and that's it. Yes, it's a lot, because many people give a little, but in reality there's really one simple rule on patreon. You like what a dev is doing? Give some money. You have the slightest doubt, get bored or don't care about the game enough to inform yourself? Stop giving money.

It's really that simple.

Devs are supposed to work on their project and everything else is really just a waste of time and mainly serves the purpose to attract additional patrons and to create additional revenue. As we've seen, if anything, it makes people give more money instead of less. Once DC started to release these status reports, his earnings started to grow again, even though there hasn't been an update or such and even though they were falling before.

If he had done so from the start, he'd probably have made a few 10k $ on top of what he's earned until now and he'd have wasted a few work days of time he could have worked on the game.

Last edited:

Gambit33

Apr 10, 2023
Look at the dev of Light of my life, Naughty Road. His updates take a long time as well. Last update was well over a year, and despite that, it's a much friendlier comment section.

Because the guy actually takes the time to treat you as a human being. It's why I donate to him. A bit of respect goes a very long way, unlike this dev, who could not give a shit, and actively lied to his customers.

armopbr

Sep 9, 2019
I agree that the way they have maneged the project is really bad, but the lack of communication argument is really dumb. The dude livestreams almost every day if you want to ask him questions about the game it's really easy to do so.
Streams for like 1-2 hours a day lol

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hey fellow freeloaders, what's up?

Oh, it's a new year but the same ol' whiners...
Where can i find whats planned for the tech update? it's been so long.
In the thread. You've seen my posts MANY times in this thread. You are aware I have a FAQ that I've updated nearly 100 times. The last time was December 1 (though I updated it recently) - searching the thread for FAQ posted by me, would have gotten you there. You're either trolling (likely) or on the left side of the IQ curve (doubtful). But hey, while I'm here - see #10 below in the 97th posting:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
100k/month :KEK:
It's not 100k per month - it's around 60k per month for an 8-10 person development team. Yes, it's a lot of money... but you don't need to exaggerate or lie.
Look at the dev of Light of my life, Naughty Road. His updates take a long time as well. Last update was well over a year, and despite that, it's a much friendlier comment section.

Because the guy actually takes the time to treat you as a human being. It's why I donate to him. A bit of respect goes a very long way, unlike this dev, who could not give a shit, and actively lied to his customers.
Have you read any posts by NaughtyRoad to the entitled little shits that come into his thread? He'd fucking chew up the little sniveling assholes. The supporters of NaughtyRoad toss out the "bears" with "trebuchets" and "catapults" all the time. The comment section is "friendlier" - if you think so - because of the self-moderation of the people with more common sense tossing out whining children. I know that thread quite well.

Last edited:

vycela

Dec 1, 2020
If the Dev is watching this forum I just wanna ask can you add the scrollwheel to rollback? or maybe add a Dialogue History button?
or maybe someone with the knowledge to mod renpy games could add it

4.00 star(s) 366 Votes