johndooooh

Jan 8, 2024
I don't care about likes but I also don't see any other reason to write the same post on this thread 3/4 times over the course of a couple of months, or repeat the same joke for the millionth time.
tbh I just hope one day darkcookie goes on here and sees 1000x people saying scam/milked/abandoned making him feel bad enough to be a normal developer and give people updates on how things are going instead of some bullshit status bar that changes sometimes forward sometimes backwards!

and no charging people on patreon for that information is not the same, it's elitist BS for a game that looks like a 13 year old has drawn it.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
sees 1000x people
More like <300 people. When more than 28,000 people are paid subscribers, who should care what a couple of hundred free players think?
1707748307225.png
Also, I'm a free player, and we already know there's a lot of people who don't care what I think. So, it's not hard to imagine. :)

Yes, the monthly status reports are posted for paid subscribers only. Thankfully, one paying subscriber, Hero1, shares those monthly status reports in this thread (you can see links to them all at #10 in my FAQ here: #74,628). It's more than the status bars found on the game's website, including their reason why the progress percentage appeared to decrease. They also share any other posts, art, etc from the patreon posts.

Another paying subscriber, Username7, shares in this thread the tasks lists that are posted for paid subscribers to see what is still left to work on.
it's elitist BS for a game that looks like a 13 year old has drawn it.
Here's some art you might find better.
1707748877176.png

Jun 4, 2023
tbh I just hope one day darkcookie goes on here and sees 1000x people saying scam/milked/abandoned making him feel bad enough to be a normal developer and give people updates on how things are going instead of some bullshit status bar that changes sometimes forward sometimes backwards!
Yeah. Lmao. I would become a hard working honest person too if I was getting almost 100k usd a month for sitting on my ass doing nothing. I would definitely want to give up my comfort life and try to work diligently towards the expectations of a mere 1000 actual people who are not NPCs.

Reactions: beave

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
You seem to confuse me with someone who cares what you think, and DC with your personal working slave only because some (a lot, actually) people like what he does, and how.
I like how you argue against fictional statements that you made up entirely in your head.

Keep up fighting against yourself, that saves the rest of us a lot of time.

Bellua

Jan 6, 2018
Look, I'm building a house and people are paying for me to devote time building said house, supplying funds for the materials/land/laborers/etc, and all under the curfew of, "Bellua's House Building Project," but I'm under no obligation to build or even work on said house, OK??? So stop DMing me about it and cough up some more coins, paypiggies

Unrelated to above, please continue supporting the existence of the Summertime Saga patreon page. It is very taxing to post about the monthly singular facial expression, and as a fellow patreon page owner, I can confirm this isn't an easy job and deserves your monthly contribution

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Look, I'm building a house and people are paying for me to devote time building said house, supplying funds for the materials/land/laborers/etc, and all under the curfew of, "Bellua's House Building Project," but I'm under no obligation to build or even work on said house, OK??? So stop DMing me about it and cough up some more coins, paypiggies

Unrelated to above, please continue supporting the existence of the Summertime Saga patreon page. It is very taxing to post about the monthly singular facial expression, and as a fellow patreon page owner, I can confirm this isn't an easy job and deserves your monthly contribution
Your example falls flat
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Ifllslonly

peters_99

Apr 13, 2018
Patreon is a platform for donations so i think the dev doesn't have any obligations to provide content. Althrough, what the dev is doing is still unethical, he basically spits in the faces of his patrons. This is why you should never expect anything for your money if you are donating, because donating is not buying, its supporting

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Patreon is a platform for donations so i think the dev doesn't have any obligations to provide content. Althrough, what the dev is doing is still unethical, he basically spits in the faces of his patrons. This is why you should never expect anything for your money if you are donating, because donating is not buying, its supporting
Unless you're the owner of corporation that donates to a political party

Gongoru

Oct 20, 2018
View attachment 3350421

From the looks of it, DarkCookie is *apparently* terminally ill (he might be busy with other matters, too). No idea about the other 2 coders, though.

All other repetitive comments aside, I wouldn't expect the 'Tech' update to come out sometime this year. 2025 is a better estimate, optimistically speaking
I think in 2025 the game engine will be obsolete or it will suddenly be discovered that it can't be a Frankenstein made from a million pieces of code, and the game will have to be rewritten from scratch on a new engine, which will mark a reset of the progress bar

gaylord12

Nov 12, 2019
View attachment 3350421

From the looks of it, DarkCookie is *apparently* terminally ill (he might be busy with other matters, too). No idea about the other 2 coders, though.

All other repetitive comments aside, I wouldn't expect the 'Tech' update to come out sometime this year. 2025 is a better estimate, optimistically speaking.
Hey, the holiday season is right around the corner so he won't be able to stream regularly!

• Haha
Reactions: Davai099

peters_99

Apr 13, 2018
I think in 2025 the game engine will be obsolete or it will suddenly be discovered that it can't be a Frankenstein made from a million pieces of code, and the game will have to be rewritten from scratch on a new engine, which will mark a reset of the progress bar
Lol, ofc. There will be some excuse for sure and the loyal patrons will say "quality takes time" in any case.

gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
I honestly don't know whats worse. This thread or the patreon comments that have inhaled so much copium at this point they are practically dead.
Jc, what kind of thinks to the patrons say? I imagine things like “take all the time ever DC” or guessing optimistic release dates. Just the happy version of this thread.

4.00 star(s) 363 Votes