massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
I used to support the game. Not anymore. And for good reasons.
Dang, same here. Tbf it was still in good quality when I stopped pledging (2018-2019?). I haven't played in a long while and heard the commotion recently and damn dude's making millions. People never learn. Meanwhile you have a lot of sub-$100 devs that are actively developing their games who deserve more support, feels bad.

Most devs take the milking route when they get too big. I was complaining about Evakiss' game yesterday but at least she still updates constantly, people mostly complain about her story going all over the place. Darkcookie has no interest to develop this shit properly anymore, and by the time he decides he's done milking, there will still going to be thousand$$ left in the milking tank.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Yeah because we finished the game 3 years ago. Imagine playing this for the first time and having outdated Trump stuff as part of the main story.
I wonder if the Rump stuff will stay outdated or not,i guess we will have to wait and see what happens later in the year...:illuminati:

• Hey there
Reactions: Lust4Lucy

anka14

Jan 14, 2017
guys i said that he fucked up code and he couldnt write a proper one for tech update i guess. he had to finish already

• Haha
Reactions: Davai099

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Dang, same here. Tbf it was still in good quality when I stopped pledging (2018-2019?). I haven't played in a long while and heard the commotion recently and damn dude's making millions. People never learn. Meanwhile you have a lot of sub-$100 devs that are actively developing their games who deserve more support, feels bad.

Most devs take the milking route when they get too big. I was complaining about Evakiss' game yesterday but at least she still updates constantly, people mostly complain about her story going all over the place. Darkcookie has no interest to develop this shit properly anymore, and by the time he decides he's done milking, there will still going to be thousand$$ left in the milking tank.
Evakiss is pretty regular with her updates, but her art is also traced from photos. You win some, you lose some.

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
Evakiss is pretty regular with her updates, but her art is also traced from photos. You win some, you lose some.
I have no problem with that. In fact she made it quite clear, I read an article interview about her game, where she showed the way she produces her art. It's not 100% tracing, or straight up "photo to drawing" conversion. She redraws her traces to produce something totally new. But let's not change the subject since this is Summertime Saga's thread.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xupuzulla

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I have no problem with that. In fact she made it quite clear, I read an article interview about her game, where she showed the way she produces her art. It's not 100% tracing, or straight up "photo to drawing" conversion. She redraws her traces to produce something totally new. But let's not change the subject since this is Summertime Saga's thread.
I mainly said it for transparency, since not everyone is okay with that. Just like how not everyone is cool with AI art.

And look around you. When was the last time the game was actually discussed in here instead of DCs patreon practices. Which, by the way, is actually strictly against the rules of the forum. But nobody cares to enforce it. So might as well talk about whatever.

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
I mainly said it for transparency, since not everyone is okay with that. Just like how not everyone is cool with AI art.

And look around you. When was the last time the game was actually discussed in here instead of DCs patreon practices. Which, by the way, is actually strictly against the rules of the forum. But nobody cares to enforce it. So might as well talk about whatever.
I think that shows how dry the game has got, nobody discusses it anymore. There's barely any real content, so what is there to discuss? On fhe other hand, here's blatant milking by the dev, so there's plenty to discuss on that. Threads, after all, are for discussing development as well, for better or worse.

FrayTomás

Mar 17, 2019
Yeah because we finished the game 3 years ago. Imagine playing this for the first time and having outdated Trump stuff as part of the main story.
Can you imagine that the next "real update" (Rhonda) comes with him again in the power? This could be hilarious, like the reality decided to make the game true XD.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
There's barely any real content, so what is there to discuss?
Well, teeehnically DC is streaming several times a week, so there's actually plenty of new stuff that could be talked about. Like the fact that Melonia now seems to redecorate Rump's mansion after he's gone, that it looks like the Thotbot is going to get some action in the future, etc.

Yet, these information just drowns in the sea of BS. So even people who may be interested in that, will almost certainly miss it, unless they want to dig through 10 pages of complaints.

By now even the Summertimesaga subreddit offers a substancially better experience for those who like to talk about the actual game compared to this...

Last edited:

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Well, teeehnically DC is streaming several times a week, so there's actually plenty of new stuff that could be talked about. Like the fact that Melonia now seems to redecorate Rump's mansion after he's gone, that it looks like the Thotbot is going to get some action in the future, etc.

Yet, these information just drowns in the sea of BS. So even people who may be interested in that, will almost certainly miss it, unless they want to dig through 10 pages of complaints.

By now even the Summertimesaga subreddit offers a substancially better experience for those who like to talk about the actual game compared to this...
I checked that subreddit a few times and you are lying.
Everytime someone posts something from the streams the top most upvoted comment is "I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THIS IN 2050 LUL"

volumina-90

Oct 14, 2021

The biggest shills of this game are redditors. Why am I not surprised? :KEK:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I checked that subreddit a few times and you are lying.
Everytime someone posts something from the streams the top most upvoted comment is "I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THIS IN 2050 LUL"
Then you failed to understand what I meant to say by that statement in general. Over there people can at least have - here you won't get further than 3 posts before there are two pages of complaints and by that the discussion will end, because nobody is going to pick it up again. And don't tell me, that's not the case.

On F95 discussions about the game have simply become impossible and as such this topic really doesn't serve any purpose at all for anybody who wants to talk about the game itself.

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020

I watched some of his streams, but this is nothing new at this point. He used to stream to show progress, and there was progress and updates after a few months.

Now it doesn't work like that anymore. He, or they, or whoever it is streaming now can stream all they want but people want to play the game, not watch the streams. Also your profile picture is from the game, so I assume you pledge to the Patreon. I get it, you guys got your hopes up, I used to support this game too. But 2 years with no substantial update? Damn you guys are in too deep. Godspeed.

Edit: OK I checked the reddit.

- More than half of the posts are AI generated fan images. Brilliant.

- There are playthrough question posts, and one discussion is from a player who only started playing a few months ago.

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Now it doesn't work like that anymore. He, or they, or whoever it is streaming now can stream all they want but people want to play the game, not watch the streams. Also your profile picture is from the game, so I assume you pledge to the Patreon. I get it, you guys got your hopes up, I used to support this game too. But 2 years with no substantial update? Damn you guys are in too deep. Godspeed.
Well, you assumed wrong (I stopped giving money after Eve's update because I didn't like DC's way of handling choices), but the fact that you go ad hominum right away just by that assumption, kinda shows that it's not really worth discussing anything with you. Sorry.

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
Well, you assumed wrong (I stopped giving money after Eve's update because I didn't like DC's way of handling choices), but the fact that you go ad hominum right away just by that assumption, kinda shows that it's not really worth discussing anything with you. Sorry.
Fair enough. I don't pledge to the Patreon ultimately my opinion is irrelevant. It's frustrating that devs like this exist and people keep supporting them while there are more deserving devs. Good luck to Dark Cookie and his loyal fans.

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes