demonslender

Jul 26, 2020
Look, I don't know how exactly the code for STS works, and even less how the team works on it. All I know is the Tech Update was advertised as a "de-spagghettification" of DC's original code from way back when, so yeah, basically re-doing everything from scratch. Everyone (should!) knows that this first slice of the original content being released today isn't 100% of the work they did during these years, and that the "under-the-hood" code is probably mostly done by now (seen as you can explore many different locations and such)

I will give my input when it comes to Ren'Py. This is not an engine exactly built with sandbox open-world roaming in mind at all, but rather, Kinetic Novels powered by Python. In fact, there is a very scarce amount of information on how to even do it in the first place, which means most devs will have to improvise their own systems to bring it to life (I know I did lol)

With that said, I was heavily inspired to make my game open world because of STS as well as many others. I was relatively knowledgeable with programming before starting, but had absolutely no clue about Ren'Py, and winged my way through the early stages of development.

From the ground up, knowing nothing about Ren'Py and alone, it took me about 3 months to get my sandbox environment ready enough to make me feel confident in the project - Daily and Weekly cycles, New locations, Different events at different locations, triggers for unique events and so on.

I do not believe my game is as vast and intricate as STS, particularly when it comes to how things react to your progress with different characters and so on. But I cannot understand how or why did it take so long for a team of developers, with the backing they have, to build STS 100% from scratch.

I could be wrong, but it always seemed that DC was ahead of the schedule with his art, and that most of the progress was being bottlenecked by coding and posing. I have been continuously baffled by this long wait ever since I learned Ren'Py myself, because I simply can't fathom what warrants this much coding effort.

I just genuinely hope that they've at least made the foundations for the game to be easily expandable in the future, so they don't face this bottleneck again. After all, I'm pretty sure this was their main goal from the start, but wow did it take long...
i think the answer for why he was bottlenecked by coding is far simpler than you think, most people don't actually know how much time, effort and work is needed for coding so it's the easiest excuse to milk the paypigs for literal years. me personally, i know nothing of coding so i wouldn't know if a person was truly struggling with it or just pretending to be struggling but that's why i don't pay for unfinished products. others however are very quick to financially support someone for years without knowing a single thing of the development process, i.e. paypigs.

Reactions: CigarRex

Bootyman

Apr 7, 2018
Tech updates feel like an excuse to start over so they can keep on milking money with their patreon while drip feeding releases.

Eeliejun

Jul 19, 2017
This is kinda hilarious, like, bravo darkcoockie, this is some galaxy brain move, actually, people were set and done with this game so let's rebuild it, literally downgrade it to it's original 2017 build and drop all the old content he lasted almost a decade making in the form of "brand new" updates.
Imagine fans of this game waiting to 2027 for the brand new roxxie update.
I wanted more roxxie missed her and now this. It is insane how people still defend darkcookie.

Reactions: Dr. Coom

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Do you gargle his balls for free or does he pay you?
Dawww... baby fell down on his bumbum and go boom? Didum's hurt himself so that he needs to bawl his eyes out and blame someone else for his widdle tantwum?

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
That sounds sketchy af dude. Why would mods remove 1 star reviews, but leave new 5 stars? No way this is a 5 star game in its current state. Other games have reviews mentioning development processes and developer issues. If they're doin it only for this game it's a bad look.
Don't ask me. I don't make the rules. I just hang out in the place where they apply.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
you are but a simple peon in the game controlled by non other than mastermind schemer DarkCookie, only I see through his lies, you shall choose the righteous side in this war, we embark first thing in the morning.
What righteous war? What the fuck are you smoking because I want some? It's a fucking adult video game, not some last stand before the Armageddon. Holy fucking shit this is hilarious. Have some perspective with that dope.

helljack

Oct 1, 2017
I though part of the point of doing this in instalments was that each section is totally overhauled.

Why is there so much 7-8 year old art, with the old character models making appearances all over this thing?

I knew this tech update was some form of scam, but damn, there isn't much of an attempt to cover his tracks.

Reactions: McWhite333

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
they almost lost 2k paid members..
View attachment 3693765
That always happens on the first of the month. Do your research before you make wild ass claims that hold no water.
1717247962105.png

On the first of May, They had 25,859 paid members.
1717248058882.png

On the first of June, you are showing they have 29,974 paid members.
Do the math.

wtf this game is still not finished?
It will probably never be finished. People should get used to that concept. It's been known for 7 years that it will probably never finish, in DC's own words.

beryn

May 8, 2017
That sounds sketchy af dude. Why would mods remove 1 star reviews, but leave new 5 stars? No way this is a 5 star game in its current state. Other games have reviews mentioning development processes and developer issues. If they're doin it only for this game it's a bad look.
The review rules:
Review Rules
  1. Try to be objective, describe your reasoning and highlight what key aspects of the content were good or bad.
  2. Do not mention games from other developers in your review, this is to prevent cross promotion.
  3. The review should only be about the game, not the developer (pricing, update times, etc).
  4. There is a 200 character requirement, do not attempt to bypass this by using spam or irrelevant comments. Do not mention or comment on the 200 character limit, this is not the place to complain about forum rules.
  5. Your review shouldn't be solely focused on your feelings about a specific genre or detail of the game.
  6. Do not review your own game or games you've worked on.
  7. Must be in English, as stated in General Rules 1 - 5. Exception is translation threads.

There is plenty bad to write about, so it's just up to write a review with real pointers(bad in this case).
One thing is that giving a bad review only based on the dev, but when they don't uphold to several of these rules then it is fair enough when they get removed.

Reactions: Count Morado

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
I already asked for something similar. Games like Summertime Saga really do need their own tag.

https://f95zone.to/threads/drip-feed-tag.192934/

Well -- it is summertime after all. So why not the Summertime tag??
I don't think it's a good idea. It's basically min-maxing something that doesn't even work.
It would be better to implement something opposite for developers who show work and results, some form of additional advertising.
they almost lost 2k paid members..
Screenshot 2024-06-01 184203.png
No, it's just the end of the month. They will probably set a new support record in the next two weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: hiroyto

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
Can some one please remind me what was the version before the whole Patreon revision when incest was removed and where can i get it ?

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes