Dr.Zed

Jun 4, 2020
I'm voting for a TECH UPDATE 2.0 next to bring the 4K resolution to us... and another 21:9 aspect ratio change so I can use it on my ultra wide-angle ! fark content and character development !

• Haha
Reactions: harem.king
Oct 4, 2020
Was there a monthly post from DC for end of June / beginning of July? I've tried to look back in the thread for it but I'm not sure if I'm missing it among the other posts or if it's just not there to find.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
According to his website, there are currently ove 29k people paying him every month. smallest amount is 1$ so AT LEAST he gets 348k per year. And if only 10k of his subs spend more than 5$ or ten he could end up with well over a Million Dollar every fucking year.
he used to make well over a million a year. his subs have been steadily dropping over the years of milking

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
On the technical side, the game runs about as well as any Renpy game should run. I think people are overstating how much of an improvement that part of the update is. Maybe people just got used to how poorly the game ran beforehand, so "average" gets confused with "good".
the improvement is just so massive that people are grateful to have anything.
it is still slower than the average renpy game.
but that "slower than average renpy game" figure is well over 10x faster than summertime saga was before the tech update.

Reactions: htester69

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
he used to make well over a million a year. his subs have been steadily dropping over the years of milking
Its stuff like this that makes it look I am defending DC. But it's simply showing the inaccuracies of a person's statement. People should use the actual numbers instead of making shit up.

DC never made well over a million a year. His single best month was barely over $80k. And the number of subs did dip from late 2022 to May 2023 (9 months or so, not years>, when it began to increase again, now to a record number of paid subscribers at the end of June, as noted by j4yj4m. The information is readily available to look at and has been posted in this thread multiple times.

Screenshot_20240705_021958_Chrome.jpg

Is what the dev team receives each month a helluva lot of money? Yes. One does not need to use hyperbole or made up information to make that point. Simply use what is easily and readily available.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Its stuff like this that makes it look I am defending DC. But it's simply showing the inaccuracies of a person's statement. People should use the actual numbers instead of making shit up.

DC never made well over a million a year. His single best month was barely over $80k. And the number of subs did dip from late 2022 to May 2023 (9 months or so, not years>, when it began to increase again, now to a record number of paid subscribers at the end of June, as noted by j4yj4m. The information is readily available to look at and has been posted in this thread multiple times.

View attachment 3800083

Is what the dev team receives each month a helluva lot of money? Yes. One does not need to use hyperbole or made up information to make that point. Simply use what is easily and readily available.
I was not using hyperbole. but I could have misremembered.
80k/month = 960k/year.
I might have confused "almost a million" into "well over a million" in the years since I last checked his income.

unless... did he ever have any site other than patreon collecting money for this game? or was it just patreon?

Oscarsz

Mar 31, 2020
80k/month = 960k/year.
I might have confused "almost a million" into "well over a million" in the years since I last checked his income.

unless... did he ever have any site other than patreon collecting money for this game? or was it just patreon?
how is people NOT defending DC? the guy made a million+ over coomers fapping to cartoons and he didnt even made anything for 2 years+?
dudes a beast

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Why in the darnest world is the FanArt better than anything DC ever made in the latest years?

SS's Fan Artists are the living proof that anyone who funded DC all these years is a giant moron.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
80k/month = 960k/year.

Again, that was his single best month. Not 80k ish for 12 months straight.

And not that I recall, it's my understanding it's always been patreon and only patreon since August 2016. Hence why he changed content in 2018 to stay on it.

Reactions: MisterMeh

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I don't really see that anybody is defending the result of the update to be honest.

I'm slightly cross about the fact, that that this topic went from being 95% useless to being 100% uesless. I couldn't find a single post which talks about the update. What are the changes beyond the first day in Jenny's story? Have there been any major bugs or does it really run as well, as it seems at first glance?

I'm actually starting to think that hardly anybody who is writing here has played the update in the first place...
Ok now im sure you are a troll.
You missed all the posts of people complaining about the lack of sound,the terrible new art of Jenny,the horrendous new layout of the house,the Debbie old art?
You want us to praise a shitty update?
Because this a really rushed and shitty update.

rey7

Mar 13, 2019
am i the only one not having music? like, it has music when his father funeral scene, but after that it just door sound but entirely no music

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
am i the only one not having music? like, it has music when his father funeral scene, but after that it just door sound but entirely no music
Welcome to pretty much any update of the game. Even in the past it only had music in select places and not everywhere. And what little music there was has been removed (sans intro).

Not like any of the music wasn't the most boring elevator type music in the first place, but that's neither here nor there.

Reactions: rey7

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Ok now im sure you are a troll.
You missed all the posts of people complaining about the lack of sound,the terrible new art of Jenny,the horrendous new layout of the house,the Debbie old art?
Well duh, that's stuff even I saw and I played like 20 to max. 30 min until I arrived at Jenny's first mingame.
It would have been nice if somebody had actually talked about the stories. After what I've read elsewhere it seems like Jenny's sub/dom branches have some more content, which at least I don't recall being there before, though I'm still not sure how much it actually is.

It's such a short update, yet there's so little actual information.
If someone would confim that nothing actually changed, that would at least mean I wouldn't have to play her story before DC adds something more...

Last edited:

rey7

Mar 13, 2019
Welcome to pretty much any update of the game. Even in the past it only had music in select places and not everywhere. And what little music there was has been removed (sans intro).

Not like any of the music wasn't the most boring elevator type music in the first place, but that's neither here nor there.
yeah, even the town , another character house , is all empty like a ghost town, i spend half hour clicking everywhere but hardly see if there a way to progress the story bcs there's not many character that i could talk to

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Well duh, that's stuff even I saw and I played like 20 to max. 30 min until I arrived at Jenny's first mingame.
It would have been nice if somebody had actually talked about the stories. After what I've read elsewhere it seems like Jenny's sub/dom branches have some more content, which at least I don't recall being there before, though I'm still not sure how much it actually is.

It's such a short update, yet there's so little actual information.
If someone would confim that nothing actually changed, that would at least mean I wouldn't have to play her story before DC adds something more...
I noticed in the cookie jar that there was an option to pick sub/dom options for Jenny's scenes now, but why on Earth would I play through this turd more than once to unlock them? This isn't Mass Effect, and my enjoyment of reading through dialogue lines that are 99% identical to ones that I've played before to ferret out the tiny bits of change is limited at best. And from what small amount I saw when I tried to work up the effort to speed through you actually see less than you do on the dom route, since you wimp out of pushing Jenny to actually do the lewd scene.

Also, I just tried to use a gallery unlocker to skip the whole wretched process and of course now it simply doesn't show options at all. Why isn't there a simple option to unlock the cookie jar like we had in the past, so us old-heads with low patience can see all the new changes in this preview version? People have already dug through the files and found art for new Jenny content (like the missionary scene in bed) that simply hasn't been implemented yet, so there's even less point in going through the game multiple times since the saves will undoubtedly break yet again in the next update. Just brilliant design all around.

It all speaks to a product that was rushed out the door to satisfy....something. I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theory that he did it to remove the "Abandoned" tag here, but it wouldn't be far-fetched to suggest that he wanted a nice juice to his stagnant Patreon sub count. The one consistent piece of evidence from Graphtreon is that releases = money, even a half-baked one.

4.00 star(s) 363 Votes