Mark Macabre

Aug 14, 2021
So i'll be real blunt.
The game is good, interesting story not too complicated, yet still entertaining and a bit mysterious.
Easy to navigate and a fair amount of content, with a few frames of animation (Emphasis on few frames, you can fucking count them.) All in all, as a game, it isn't bad. I'd even say it's well made.

BUTT!!! (Hehe...butt...)
Fuck me raw and call me stephanie, this has become a milking farm.
Although the game is decent, it is far from a recommendation, purely because of the dev being a farm boy, milking the sweet, sweet teat of patreon, instead of planning a second venture for the future.
Leading to extreme wait times for any update that isn't on par with ''Widescreen'' BS (We're talking years)
Lack of creative implementations or ideas.
A sour(ing) community.

What'll happen?
Either the game will be finished in 5 years or something, or people will stop supporting the patreon, leading to the game being abandoned. I can not for the life of me see any other way for this game to go.

Mrkraken888

Jul 4, 2023
So i'll be real blunt.
The game is good, interesting story not too complicated, yet still entertaining and a bit mysterious.
Easy to navigate and a fair amount of content, with a few frames of animation (Emphasis on few frames, you can fucking count them.) All in all, as a game, it isn't bad. I'd even say it's well made.

BUTT!!! (Hehe...butt...)
Fuck me raw and call me stephanie, this has become a milking farm.
Although the game is decent, it is far from a recommendation, purely because of the dev being a farm boy, milking the sweet, sweet teat of patreon, instead of planning a second venture for the future.
Leading to extreme wait times for any update that isn't on par with ''Widescreen'' BS (We're talking years)
Lack of creative implementations or ideas.
A sour(ing) community.

What'll happen?
Either the game will be finished in 5 years or something, or people will stop supporting the patreon, leading to the game being abandoned. I can not for the life of me see any other way for this game to go.
I won't fuck you raw but I can call you Stephanie eheh
Jokes aside I completly agree with you, this developer just doesn't deserve time, money or attention. There are so many developers that are more trustworthy, do a BETTER job, DO a better job, experiment, give regular updates...etc. They deserve to be supported much much more, considering also the quality of other games is much higher than this.

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
I remember when I checked the patreon a year or so ago and it said he was making like +70k a month before he hid his income. It's crazy how much he's milking this game and how people keep enabling.
It's not that surprising, given the poor taste everyone on this platform has
Since this game had somehow against all odds made it big, anyone would've milked their naive fans

Reactions: TheFreakyOne

dad.

Aug 22, 2020
When a company is behaving outta pocket or scamming people, you're able to at the very least report to the Better Business Bureau.

Or put them on blast with the help of some news outlet so that people are aware of it and it tends to force that dirty company to change and get their shit together or stop.

I wish adult games, or however you chose to categorize this, had a Better Business Bureau you could submit official complaints to and hold them accountable.

arkhamtheknight

May 3, 2017
Does anyone have the file for backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg as the game has an error during the locker scene in the beginning?

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg'>:
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 100, in script call
$ game.main()
File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 222, in script call
$ game.main()
File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 237, in script
$ player.location.call_screen(False)
File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 237, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 274, in call_screen
renpy.call_screen(name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 100, in script call
$ game.main()
File "scripts/locks/01global_lock_check.rpyc", line 13, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 71, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/entrance.rpyc", line 224, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpyc", line 11, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/entrance.rpyc", line 224, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/home.rpyc", line 62, in script call
File "scripts/locations/map/map.rpyc", line 15, in script call
File "scripts/locations/erik_s_house/erik_s_house.rpyc", line 16, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 222, in script call
$ game.main()
File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 237, in script
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 237, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 274, in call_screen
renpy.call_screen(name)
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "Z:\home\arkhamtheknight\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.16
Thu Aug 01 13:32:23 2024
```

Last edited:

LogID

Aug 21, 2018
I loved this game so much that I created mods for it in 2019. They stopped working with the following update and I'm still holding off on updating them because I don't know wtf the dev is doing. There's also been hardly any new content in that time.

Reactions: MinXe and Davai099

botka4aet

Jan 13, 2022
What have I missed? How many people are talking negatively about the update being on time and including the promised content?
> As well as moving over existing content, we will also be slipping in some new additions for players to enjoy each update.
  • Added a new event for Debbie in the kitchen at the end of her route.
  • Introduced a second Jenny cunni animation (for submissive Anon).
Surely, it's realy PROMISED content:poop:

• Haha
Reactions: Davai099

Davai099

Mar 3, 2021
I loved this game so much that I created mods for it in 2019. They stopped working with the following update and I'm still holding off on updating them because I don't know wtf the dev is doing. There's also been hardly any new content in that time.
What kind of mods may I ask?

fakyort

Jul 26, 2020
just tell me pls,tech update is new content or..what is tech update?
Not new content. They switched to a new "game engine" to make the game more stable. Scenes from the old game are being polished and integrated into the new game. There are also new locations on the map. Over time, I hope we will see the shapeshifted versions of the content we know

sometowell

Jul 17, 2020
Not new content. They switched to a new "game engine" to make the game more stable. Scenes from the old game are being polished and integrated into the new game. There are also new locations on the map. Over time, I hope we will see the shapeshifted versions of the content we know
They are still using Renpy, what new engine are they talking about?

4.00 star(s) 361 Votes