Jun 2, 2024
I would conjecture that most complainers about gaming software have probably not done:
- coding to this scale (or at all),
- thousands of pages of artwork,
- have written a novel
- or multiples of the above.
I may not like some artwork, game flow, or story of some games, but I do appreciate the work and time that has to go into it.
I chose whether or not to play it, but don't lambast the effort involved and don't understand why others do.
(stepping off the soap box now)
I don't have to conjecture

Ren'py does 90% of the work for you. I've dabbled in game dev a little and I've seen how this program works.

The writing and art assets are different from code, those do take tons of time, especially the art assets. However, anyone doing this for a full time gig will have a work flow pipeline set up to efficiently do the work. For instance, you have style guides to adhere to for each character, and you produce different parts you can mix and match for each pose. If you're serious, you take steps to reduce your workload as much as possible.

The actual code itself is not complicated, because there's no gameplay in Summertime Saga that is complicated, innovative, or new. There's a few timed button-press puzzles! The actual gameplay loop is 1980's style point-and-click adventure stuff, and it's stuff that Renpy has built in stuff for!

The actual complexity you'd find in a visual novel is player-reactivity. Branching narrative paths, detail-contingencies. Very little of this stuff is in the game in an appreciable way. Basically, a few if-thans for a binary dialouge difference or which image to recall (the Eve cis/trans choice, for instance). Most, if not all, the various paths of the love interests and main quest aren't designed to interact with each other. This is a very basic visual novel with light puzzle and inventory management. There's no way in hell that this game should take 6 years to produce when you have people producing stuff magnitudes of complexity higher than this thing in a fraction of the time and budget.

DarkCookie doesnt' really have an excuse for his lack of ambition or ability.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I've never played the game before and this is my first time
I was just waiting

I will explain the problem to you
Diane asked me to buy an bug annihilator, and I had bought it a few days before this mission.
began when we entered the mall.
A message appeared saying that the bug annihilator is with me and I must return to help her

When I left the mall, I was surprised that the map was not working
Then I tried to use cheats to get rid of the old bug annihilator , but that didn't work either

So now I don't know what to do
Should I leave the game for a few more years and come back to it later?

Or start over again

Or maybe there is a saves that can help me
I don't know
Stop messing with your fucking gameplays by using the console and you'll see that everything is going to be OK.

raschi

Jan 8, 2019
I've never played the game before and this is my first time
I was just waiting

I will explain the problem to you
Diane asked me to buy an bug annihilator, and I had bought it a few days before this mission.
began when we entered the mall.
A message appeared saying that the bug annihilator is with me and I must return to help her

When I left the mall, I was surprised that the map was not working
Then I tried to use cheats to get rid of the old bug annihilator , but that didn't work either

So now I don't know what to do
Should I leave the game for a few more years and come back to it later?

Or start over again

Or maybe there is a saves that can help me
I don't know
You had a gray map while at the mall.... how did you get to the Anon's house? Using the cheat menu that I advised not to futz around with much because you could mess things up?

Yes. Like I recommended in my previous reply to you - sara22112000 should wait until v22.0.0 is released before attempting to play again.

Only if you have a good save prior to buying the bug annihilator.

For the last time - STOP FUTZING WITH IT.

This is a point-and-click visual novel. It requires next-to-no skill level to play. Simply read the dialogues, follow the task hints, mash a few buttons if you want to play the mini-games. That's it.

You are trying to outthink and outwit one of the simplest and easiest types of "video game" and you are failing miserably.
Stop messing with your fucking gameplays by using the console and you'll see that everything is going to be OK.
R.gif

Aug 8, 2023
Holy crap people are stupid. Using mods for the old version on the new one? Messing with the game console and bugging their games out and wondering why? Trying to use saves from the old version on the new one?

Reading comprehension is becoming a rarity I guess.

hisnik2

Apr 20, 2023
Is there a plan to "remake" debbie scene or not?
I cant find her on so called "timeline" in the tech update.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is there a plan to "remake" debbie scene or not?
I cant find her on so called "timeline" in the tech update.
#82,679
The new phone UI he's come up with looks really nice.

On the same stream, he replied to someone who asked about Debbie's art, saying that she was one of the oldest with 2-frame animation and that this would eventually change, he said "one thing at a time".
Shortly afterwards, he replied to someone who asked what was requested more, Debbie's pregnancy or the Odette/Grace threesome? Without hesitating, he said "Debbie's pregnancy, for sure". The Odette/Grace threesome is asked about once a month, while Debbie's is asked almost every day.

Dude, if people keep asking for Debbie that much, update her art! :HideThePain:

Reactions: Budman 1959

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
Holy crap people are stupid. Using mods for the old version on the new one? Messing with the game console and bugging their games out and wondering why? Trying to use saves from the old version on the new one?

Reading comprehension is becoming a rarity I guess.
they have become worse than yu-gi-oh! players.

Reactions: thanosdestroysall
4.00 star(s) 365 Votes