j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Hm, I just asked DC about the update again and it does indeed look like the tracker is just for the first part of 0.20.5, at least that's how I understood his answer. That's actually interesting, given that it never changed after they announced the split. So yeah, that probably means a middle to late august release for the first and late oktober/november for the second. I really hope it's worth it in the end.

Reactions: Tehemai and Omniel

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yep seems like this year we only will get the main story and maybe a small update around christmas if we're lucky.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yep seems like this year we only will get the main story and maybe a small update around christmas if we're lucky.
Yeah, though in that case I actually kind of hope he'll skip the surprise update. I mean, by november we'll have had almost 13 months of secondary characters and I really think Ronda can't come soon enough.

But at least now there's hope that he'll never have to touch the main story stuff again afterwards.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yeah I can't wait for the main story to be done, I don't really care about most of the characters the only ones I like are Tina and Maria. Rhonda is not even one of my favorite girls but she is way more interesting than the Rump family.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah, currently it kind of feels like the whole Rump stuff got a little out of hand. I mean, last year or so ago I would have expected a quick scene or so for Iwanka and Melonia each at best, but now they seem to get some actual story content. In some way that's not bad because it'll certainly make the game feel more complete and it's a good way to get back at the major, but it certainly took long.

Edit: Aaand we've got the first translated logo:

russian.jpg

Now that the french and german translations are done, we may get the first multilingual release next. Even though I'm not really sure whether I'd actually play it in my own language :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianTheDog85

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Russiantime Saga ? Where you play the mob running around town mugging brainless white-short dudes of their $ while they try to reach the bank ? Where everything is drab, sad and depressing ? Political spying on the Rumps is now the end goal ? Stalin is now the "real" mayor, wild (drunk) bears are in the forest and the no-smex hill is now a 1-way shortcut to the gulag ? This could be the best game ever

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I have no idea why he started with russian, while its translation is only 3% done, but its nice to see the translations moving forward in general. By the end of the year the game should be out in spanish, portuguese, italian, french and german.

Last edited:

Tikki

Sep 17, 2017
I have no idea why he started with russian, while its translation is only 3% done, but its nice to see the translations moving forward in general. By the end of the year the game should be out in spanish, portuguese, italian, french and german.
Probably asked more often

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Probably asked more often
Yeah, it sounds like he won't change the name in most languages and thus the logo will stay the same in most cases.

Languages with a lot of speakers and a low(ish) percentage of english speakers likely have a very high potential to attract additional players, especially since SS certainly appeals to older, well-heeled people, too. Russian, french, german, spanish, etc. are certainily very good languages to have if you want to increase the player base.

Those who care can actually take a look at the current status of the translations here:

Oddly enough, russian and japanese are really far behind, even compared to let's say chinese or arabic.

4.00 star(s) 367 Votes