srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Anyone know how to unlock the 3rd variation of the Ivanka boat sex? I can only switch between 2 but in the Cookie Jar it says there's a third.
I think it's a bug. Actually, Iwanka only has two poses during that scene, but Melonia has three. So it's the other way round.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Wait exactly how much money is he making per month?... His Patreon site is telling me he is making somewhere about 720.00-730.000 Dollars I just wonder is that is correct?

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
So havent played this in a while.. seems from the forum the core women (mom sis aunt etc) are done and mc is going on to side chicks.. My question is should I start it all over from the beginning? Since I saw from the changelog that the dev has changed or updated old scenes. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: Dirion

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
And why don't you guys give up voluntary donations altogether, at least for a short time? Make the game really free? Let's say six months - a year, given the duration of your so-called pre-tech. I am sure that the crying of fans would have decreased significantly after such an action of unprecedented generosity.
Wait, are you telling us you're so far up your own ass you think she is on the dev team ? Delusional is not enough to describe stuff around here

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Remember when big updates like Roxxy's or Eve's only had ~6 animations each and when there were surprise updates which only had like one or two scenes? Now we already got 28 scenes this year and some actually act like that's totally nothing, even though more scenes are what the game objectively needs and more scenes are what some actually demanded for years after each and every update.
Sure, it may not be the girls one wanted to get scenes for, but in quite a few areas the game slowly actually starts to feel way more dense and indeed partly complete.

As some people mentioned at times, I'd actually be happy if he'd continue to insert one "random scenes only" update a year or so.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Remember when big updates like Roxxy's or Eve's only had ~6 animations each and when there were surprise updates which only had like one or two scenes? Now we already got 28 scenes this year and some actually act like that's totally nothing, even though more scenes are what the game objectively needs and more scenes are what some actually demanded for years after each and every update.
Sure, it may not be the girls one wanted to get scenes for, but in quite a few areas the game slowly actually starts to feel way more dense and indeed partly complete.

As some people mentioned at times, I'd actually be happy if he'd continue to insert one "random scenes only" update a year or so.
I agree. From the latest update I find the Kim story really entertaining and funny.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I agree. From the latest update I find the Kim story really entertaining and funny.
I was skeptical about Yoyo's potential, given how unattractive she is. Honestly, she looks so much like Kim, and showed up so soon after Kim left, I thought DC was going to channel Ace Ventura and have it be that Yoyo was just Kim after rushing off to get a sex change.

To be clear, the joke is that Yoyo is attempting to extract information through rape which, presumably, is based on men raping women during interrogations in North Korea, which is a horrific thing to joke about. It's funny in this case because -- while it is absolutely possible for men to be raped by women -- it wasn't rape in this case because Anon was perfectly happy to have sex with her, because there is apparently no woman too ugly, crazy, or evil for him to fuck. The joke gets funnier by the fact that the scene is repeatable, so Anon definitely consents on all subsequent "interrogations", and I think we can assume that Yoyo is aware that she's not going to get the coordinates and is not actually trying to rape him in subsequent interrogations, and perhaps the first attempt as well.

I mean, it might need a trigger warning. It might not be funny to a rape victim, but I found it funny.

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Ah yes, another tech update to the poster child game for "doing less with more". Credit where it's due, DC is a master of getting his followers to settle for nothing for years on end and then somehow insist that it's fine. Some fucking Stockholm syndrome sufferers up in here.

I looked at some numbers to see just how much of a colossal financial waste this whole project has been. Bear in mind that VN development costs are kind of hazy, especially thanks to patreon, but I'm just going to post some actual video game costs as a baseline reference.

First off, the game has been in development for 6 years and roughly 3 months. Obviously it didn't enjoy the kind of financial success in the beginning as it does now, but even assuming that he started getting ~$70k USD monthly in the last 2 years, that is still solid $2-3 million throughout the years.

Nowadays the most popular indie dev platform is mobile phones.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That is one hell of a fancy ass mobile game someone else could have made with that kind of money, even if it was drip fed and not paid up front. Not convinced, still drooling on yourself over muh art? Alright, some more numbers. Let's look at some other platforms.

We are approaching a 30 person team developing for the 'cube. Where is my fucking physics engine, custom soundtrack, dedicated coder team etc?

In 2012, the ESA (Entertainment Software Association) of Canada gave the average development costs for various platforms as follows:
  • - $8,728,125
  • & Mac - $995,675
  • MMO - $834,000
  • Web - $651,625
  • Mobile - $303,500
  • Social Network - $295,000
  • Kiosk & Standalone - $30,000
Now this is 10 years old so the costs have bloated since, but we are still talking some serious money that should have been turned into a complete or at least far better product than what we have. Stardew Valley was made by one guy, is an actual game, features charming pixel art and was made from 2012 to 2016.

Game is on fucking RenPy and the engine comes with all the bells and whistles. I don't give a fuck what kind of spaghetti the code is, it could have been rebuilt from the ground up, ported to Unity, back, and gotten spit polished along the way twice over now. Here's some developer costs:

Anyway, this is getting too long as is. Point of it all being that the critics have the right to ask where this project is going and the defenders must love being abused.

Last edited by a moderator:
4.00 star(s) 370 Votes