Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I dont give him anything, because i play games from here free.
You could literally go to their official site and download the game for free. So yeah, you can offically play the game for free without paying a single penny, without pirating the game once. But i guess someone felt just too smrt for this huh? ;)

BBC King

May 8, 2021
You could literally go to their official site and download the game for free. So yeah, you can offically play the game for free without paying a single penny, without pirating the game once. But i guess someone felt just too smrt for this huh? ;)
Theres Patron releases and theres Public releases. The game has been in development on the current update so long that there is currently no difference. When the tech update eventually happens it will be Patron only at first which is when THIS website and thread come in handy, because we will get it the same time as Patrons and not have to pay anything for early access like they did.

MisterMeh

Nov 3, 2020
Theres Patron releases and theres Public releases. The game has been in development on the current update so long that there is currently no difference. When the tech update eventually happens it will be Patron only at first which is when THIS website and thread come in handy, because we will get it the same time as Patrons and not have to pay anything for early access like they did.
So, waiting 24 hours longer for the free general release is too long? Am I understanding you correctly?

BBC King

May 8, 2021
So, waiting 24 hours longer for the free general release is too long? Am I understanding you correctly?
Is it 24 hours? Generally you dont charge early access if you are gonna release a public build the next day, otherwise there'd be no incentive to support. Most devs do a week/month later release for public builds so that the patrons feel they got their moneys worth which then gets leaked to us pirates the same time as paying supporters so the dev gets pissy about it, which is always funny to see on threads.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is it 24 hours? Generally you dont charge early access if you are gonna release a public build the next day, otherwise there'd be no incentive to support. Most devs do a week/month later release for public builds so that the patrons feel they got their moneys worth which then gets leaked to us pirates the same time as paying supporters so the dev gets pissy about it, which is always funny to see on threads.
Except that is exactly what DC does - 24 hour early release for subscribers. The only other difference in terms of game access is that subscribers get use of faster download servers than the public. That's all. That's it. And he doesn't get bent out of shape if someone share's their copy on F95 before that 24 hours. Same with the wallpapers - the HD wallpapers are for higher tier subscribers only... but he clearly states "For the lower tier Patrons, simply wait a few hours for them to leak! (or DM me on Discord)." He's fully aware of what he offers and what gets shared.

The schadenfreude in threads like this (and a couple of other popular threads I follow) isn't because of a "pissy dev" but because of entitled brats.
So it's been a year already since the last update?
Yes.

Last edited:

Username7

May 1, 2017
Are these people with some authority? Like, do they work on the game or are in close contact with the devs?

If so then that's a very bleak outlook, being "not even fucking close to nearly done" is very bad when you take into consideration how long it's already been. And we don't even know if it'll be good either, maybe the tech-update gets rushed at the end because everyone has grown tired of it, or released with bugs because of sheer incompetence.

Idk, I'm growing increasingly pessimistic and it's a shame because I'd like to see this game flourish.
That'd be Fabby and Hellborg. They have little to no idea what's going on with the update beyond what the devs tell them. Well maybe Fabby has some idea because he talks with Vole and Toxic a lot, hell half the stuff they say I've posted here in the past has come from conversations Fabby either started or took part in. Hellborg on the other hand is only a mod because he was one of the first patreons back in 2016 who is a massive troll and has no patience for dealing with people, hell he used to trick people into bugging Dogeek back in the day because he knew it'd get them banned faster.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
The schadenfreude in threads like this (and a couple of other popular threads I follow) isn't because of a "pissy dev" but because of entitled brats.
Couldnt have said better it myself.

I maybe would have had that people are just butthurt because he earnes more monies than him. But he does nothing to force people to pay him and he still got it. That is a whole different behaviour to another dev i could think of, with his maleware, copyprotection, no public release and his head up his ass. I wont say the name, but i am sure this description will ring a bell for some.

Reactions: Omniel

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
We have. On April 30, 2024 - if there is no update by that time, the thread qualifies for the consideration of the "abandoned" tag by the F95 after a person reports the thread by using the REPORT button in OP. That's the only date anyone is going to get on F95 about this game for a very long time.
Reading doesn't seem to be difficult for them. Clearly expressing a valid perspective with supporting information appears to be difficult for others.
See #10 here: #72,879. I also recommend #1
Man they're making 1 task per MONTH. HOLY SHIT! The tracker is getting even slower than before!
Dude, this is just a fucking nonsense. And now we're getting inputs that we are still far far away from finishing?
C'mon...

Reactions: GucciGang69

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Man they're making 1 task per MONTH. HOLY SHIT! The tracker is getting even slower than before!
Dude, this is just a fucking nonsense. And now we're getting inputs that we are still far far away from finishing?
C'mon...
Okay. Stop supporting them if you're a frustrated subscriber. If you read the posts, you will see that the input isn't from official developer channels - but discord mods/trolls. But, yeah, you can consider that it is still very far away - possibly Spring 2024 or much farther.

And "we" aren't anywhere - the development team is working at the rate they are accepting of. For "we" here, it's a free-to-play game for everyone that the greater majority doesn't even subscribe to get wallpaper or discord roles, and we'll just need to be patient because there is nothing we can do to change the rate.

The developer doesn't communicate here except very very very very rarely and has yet to be swayed whatever matchstick torches and tinfoil pitchforks internet warriors attempt to wield.

Reactions: Jummy and StJesuz

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
For a game bringing in 60k a month, one change in 24 hours seems a bit ..... unproductive
The game is bringing in $0 per month, directly. The game is free for everyone to play - no one pays to play, no one subscribes to get to play. The developer is bringing in $60k per month from memberships in Patreon tiers. Subscribers pay those membership tiers to support the efforts of the development team who does work on the game, but the benefits of the tiers are not based in game production. The subscribers receive what the developer has promised in benefits on Patreon each month. This is unlike other developers who tie access to their games through Patreon tier benefits.

To your point about tasks. If that task was "edit this 1 page script for the conversation between the MC and the bank teller" I can understand your perspective. However, if that task is "restructure the code for Debbie's storyline," it isn't as difficult to perceive for something like that to take quite a long period of time. Same with posing the image layers for Jenny in every scene she is involved. It depends upon how each of the 500+ tasks are defined. It appears that a good number of the quick and easy tasks were done up front and that's why there was an explosion in the progress chart in the early months, and they left the harder, longer, more intricate tasks for later and progress to complete the number of project has slowed.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Except that is exactly what DC does - 24 hour early release for subscribers. The only other difference in terms of game access is that subscribers get use of faster download servers than the public. That's all. That's it. And he doesn't get bent out of shape if someone share's their copy on F95 before that 24 hours. Same with the wallpapers - the HD wallpapers are for higher tier subscribers only... but he clearly states "For the lower tier Patrons, simply wait a few hours for them to leak! (or DM me on Discord)." He's fully aware of what he offers and what gets shared.
Guess Patrons are even more stupid than I thought, paying for some shit for months on end thats stuck in a development tsukuyomi only for it to release and pirates get the same content whilst also sparing their wallets tens to hundreds of dollars lmfao. Also good for DC for not getting pissy, lucky for us though most devs arent like that so its quite a show when a unintended leak shows up here.

MisterMeh

Nov 3, 2020
Guess Patrons are even more stupid than I thought, paying for some shit for months on end thats stuck in a development tsukuyomi only for it to release and pirates get the same content whilst also sparing their wallets tens to hundreds of dollars lmfao. Also good for DC for not getting pissy, lucky for us though most devs arent like that so it's quite a show when an unintended leak shows up here.

This is a general response for the nay sayers of the game.

I think what Count Morado is trying to convey to the people who are being negative towards this game or the development time, is that there's very little reason to. Paying a monthly Patreon fee is optional and doesn't actually impact nonpaying fans of the game. Dark cookie doesn't seem to care about the game leaking the same day as the paying customers and AFAIK, paying customers don't seem to complain very much either. Remember that game is leaked by the paying customers.

The wallpapers are always leaked pretty much the day they release, and that because it's leaked by the paying customers.

No one is going to debate that it's been quite some time between updates but that's just the way of life. For the people paying? Let them do whatever it is they want with their money. They're probably content because they're watching daily streams and interacting with DC during that time.

There's also a lot of interactivity within the game design itself. I only watch the stream maybe once a week, and even I have a little contribution to the art of the game, in the form of the two black parents with the white baby, walking out of the hospital. The entire map is filled with people getting their little jokes in or adding their ideas to the backgrounds all over.

I don't know what other game development is like, but I imagine it's nowhere near the input the fans get with DC.

Lastly the abandoned tag request. Say people get their wish and it happens. What is the reward or benefit from it? It feels like (through reading the numerous posts) these people wish to punish DC, thereby either shaming him in some way, or asking for people to stop supporting him, to force him to work faster. These are the same people calling Patreon supporters stupid, all the while asking for the wallpapers those very same people are supplying.

If the game is already free, the wallpapers are leaked by paying supporters and DC doesn't care, how will shaming or forcing him to move faster, work? I think a lot of people need to step away from these threads and reevaluate their levels of patience, and just exactly who is, and isn't smart.

4.00 star(s) 370 Votes