Summertime Saga: Walkthrough & FAQ Thread

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Apr 13, 2019
I probably could but honestly it's been over a year since I've even touched that game thanks to the dev becoming a leech. He's supposedly clearing around $70k a month and as a result is dragging his ass on actually finishing the project.

As to why that old mod breaks the game it's almost certainly because they've made code changes since I made that file which are causing conflicts. My best suggestion is reload an earlier save or contact the dev about the issue cause I'm not gonna bother fixing their unnecessarily complicated janky ass code again until the game in finished.
My bad for asking you. I didn't know that the dev was like that. My earliest save actually had the same bug, and the one before that was hours of work behind. I'll just restart the game from scratch...again, lol. Sorry though

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
LAtest change log doesn't mention new characters
Of course it does. Post 1 of the main thread already mentions Katya and Khadne. The changelog is also accessible in-game (click on the version number in the main screen) and there via click on "Spoilers: Click for hints...".

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
My bad for asking you. I didn't know that the dev was like that. My earliest save actually had the same bug, and the one before that was hours of work behind. I'll just restart the game from scratch...again, lol. Sorry though
No need for apologies. It's the dev I have issues with, not really your request. You might try asking srksrk-68 if he'll produce a fix since he's still actively producing a mod for the game.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
No need for apologies. It's the dev I have issues with, not really your request. You might try asking srksrk-68 if he'll produce a fix since he's still actively producing a mod for the game.
If it can be fixed, the fix is already in my mod. Feel free to try it out ;)

A little background: The game represents the characters as state machines, and they change states when triggered by triggers that occur while proceeding the story. The game has rollback disabled by default for a reason because those state transitions cannot normally be rolled back. When a saved game is loaded, the sequence of all triggers that occured so far is re-played on all state machines so that, in theory, the current state is reached.

When such a trigger chain is broken, it may be that a trigger is being applied to a state maching that has the wrong state, so that the target state will not be reached and it stays in the current state. As a result, all following triggers run void as well because they assume a further progressed state already.

The mod fixes that in a way that whenever a trigger cannot be applied to a state machine, it does a depth search on all triggers and states to find a path from the current state to the target state of the current trigger, and applies all those triggers before. That way, the current trigger can be applied and the state can correctly progress.

That will work in most cases, except when it is so broken that a certain search depth is reached, in which case it will stop searching to prevent deadlocks. However, I never encountered such a case.

Apr 13, 2019

A little background: The game represents the characters as state machines, and they change states when triggered by triggers that occur while proceeding the story. The game has rollback disabled by default for a reason because those state transitions cannot normally be rolled back. When a saved game is loaded, the sequence of all triggers that occured so far is re-played on all state machines so that, in theory, the current state is reached.

When such a trigger chain is broken, it may be that a trigger is being applied to a state maching that has the wrong state, so that the target state will not be reached and it stays in the current state. As a result, all following triggers run void as well because they assume a further progressed state already.

The mod fixes that in a way that whenever a trigger cannot be applied to a state machine, it does a depth search on all triggers and states to find a path from the current state to the target state of the current trigger, and applies all those triggers before. That way, the current trigger can be applied and the state can correctly progress.

That will work in most cases, except when it is so broken that a certain search depth is reached, in which case it will stop searching to prevent deadlocks. However, I never encountered such a case.
Unfortunately I already restarted my playthrough and got to where I was before and a little bit past that. Before that though, I did add the Naughty Tribute mod, but I'm not sure if I'm seeing many differences. I don't want to look at the unmodded game to reference though. I get some error about not being able to load the game normally, but it hasn't broken my game so far.

Apr 13, 2019
I just got to the main story part where (spoilers, beware!)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, did they change it from a previous version? I thought it was NTR at first...

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
I just got to the main story part where (spoilers, beware!)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, did they change it from a previous version? I thought it was NTR at first...
Not changed. You still have to impregnate Maria. The addition is that when you allow Tony to participate, Maria gets DPed by you two in the repeatable scenes. She's never been happier since.

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018

Ya I don't know why they decided to bolt such an unwieldy state system with zero error correction onto Renpy, seriously it must have increased their code base 10 fold, but they did. Nice to hear you added the error correction they should have and as long as you're doing error checks based on the location lockouts for the previous steps in the stack than ya it should catch this error. Looking back at the file I modded all I did was change the location lock so instead of letting you go no where it would only let you go into the garage. A simple fix but given how they distributed their code due to the state machine system it required analyzing several hundred lines of code spread out over half a dozen or more files to find where the problem actually was cause as far as renpy was concerned there was no actual error so I couldn't just use the trace log.

Apr 13, 2019
Not changed. You still have to impregnate Maria. The addition is that when you allow Tony to participate, Maria gets DPed by you two in the repeatable scenes. She's never been happier since.
I sworn there was a cheating scene... I must be thinking of another game. I've played way too many of the games from F95Zone (which isn't a flex, actually, I find it kind of saddening), so I must've mixed it up. Kind of whacky though.

Reactions: Valoryn

Subskey

Jul 7, 2019
I believe I am stuck, trying to get the book from Dexter. I talked to him and there is nothing in his locker. It looks like usual. Unbenannt.PNG

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote