4.20 star(s) 22 Votes

Topo_Gigio

Jan 8, 2018
This game has been a sweet discovery, I'm loving it so far! Great investigation riddles, clue gathering, and lovely art! You just got a new supporter :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sunrise Team

N_Yah

May 23, 2020
I played this game a good amount, and I'm very impressed by it, a lot of it was very fun and very engaging. However, there's a few frustrating QoL issues that drag things down far more than they need to be

The replay feature to stop from missing things is great, at least as an idea. In practice it makes things kind'a annoying since you never know which parts fail if you progress the story when, and when you go back to replay, you can't save and you can't look back at the flowchart without abandoning your progress through that segment.

The idea of it is great, but perhaps a visual indication of when a quest/investigation is going to fail would be good, or even a prompt "If you talk to Marcus this chapter will end and every outstanding quest will fail" etc.

Similarly, replaying is a hassle because (either I'm too dumb to find out how to do it, or) there's no way to skip dialogue. I wouldn't have minded replaying scenes if there was a way to just Ctrl through all the dialogue in a second, I've read it already, watching every scene play out as I've already seen it is annoying.

I don't find the battle system very engaging, it feels very luck based which is annoying. This might get better as there's more of a sense of progression and power later.

And ultimately, I think this will be contentious, but I never particularly enjoyed pixel hunting in the old Adventure games, and it's no more engaging here. When I see I've missed a scene, and I go back to replay it, that basically just amounts to going through each location I've got access to and swabbing my cursor over everything on screen to see what I've missed and where it lights up. The one I did most recently, "Plumbing Expert" for example, just going around seeing what lit up, "Diappearance" before that, the clue is so vague and it all just amounted to "Oh I didn't see this poster."

The remake of Day of the Tentacle lets you hold a button to highlight all the interactable spaces on the screen, it's borderline cheating but it makes the game MUCH more playable and lets you enjoy the story, while still solving the puzzles without ever wondering if the roadblock you're stuck on is "Did I not pixel scrub hard enough?". You've already got that in game for exits, I would highly suggest doing the same for everything. I can understand that it would make things easier, but the current implementation isn't hard so much as tedious. If you wanted to disable it in Investigation Mode, that's probably reasonable, but in general gameplay I think that'd be a great improvement.

As is, it's a really enjoyable game that I don't want to keep playing right now.

Reactions: LaterGater

Sunrise Team

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
Thank you all for your feedback and encouragement. We'll be looking at all of this and sorting through it to improve Sunrise.

-La traduction est réussie, je ne sais pas si un membre de l'équipe est français mais en tout cas chapeau!
-Le système de combat est sympa mais il est mal exploité, en théorie il y'a un système d'éléments qui fait en sorte de taper plus fort si tu contres le bon élément, mais c'est de la RNG avant tout et j'avoue ne faire que les grosses attaques pour vaincre l'ennemi.
FR/ Nous sommes une équipe de deux français ^^
Le combat est encore aléatoire pour coller au fait que le personnage principal n'est pas encore très bon. Mais plus le jeu va avancer, plus des options se débloqueront pour personnaliser son deck, apprendre des techniques, etc...

EN/ We are a team of two French ^^
The combat is still random to fit the fact that the main character is not very good yet. But the more the game will progress, the more options will be unlocked to customize your deck, learn skills, etc...

I played this game a good amount, and I'm very impressed by it, a lot of it was very fun and very engaging. However, there's a few frustrating QoL issues that drag things down far more than they need to be

The replay feature to stop from missing things is great, at least as an idea. In practice it makes things kind'a annoying since you never know which parts fail if you progress the story when, and when you go back to replay, you can't save and you can't look back at the flowchart without abandoning your progress through that segment.

The idea of it is great, but perhaps a visual indication of when a quest/investigation is going to fail would be good, or even a prompt "If you talk to Marcus this chapter will end and every outstanding quest will fail" etc.

Similarly, replaying is a hassle because (either I'm too dumb to find out how to do it, or) there's no way to skip dialogue. I wouldn't have minded replaying scenes if there was a way to just Ctrl through all the dialogue in a second, I've read it already, watching every scene play out as I've already seen it is annoying.

I don't find the battle system very engaging, it feels very luck based which is annoying. This might get better as there's more of a sense of progression and power later.

And ultimately, I think this will be contentious, but I never particularly enjoyed pixel hunting in the old Adventure games, and it's no more engaging here. When I see I've missed a scene, and I go back to replay it, that basically just amounts to going through each location I've got access to and swabbing my cursor over everything on screen to see what I've missed and where it lights up. The one I did most recently, "Plumbing Expert" for example, just going around seeing what lit up, "Diappearance" before that, the clue is so vague and it all just amounted to "Oh I didn't see this poster."

The remake of Day of the Tentacle lets you hold a button to highlight all the interactable spaces on the screen, it's borderline cheating but it makes the game MUCH more playable and lets you enjoy the story, while still solving the puzzles without ever wondering if the roadblock you're stuck on is "Did I not pixel scrub hard enough?". You've already got that in game for exits, I would highly suggest doing the same for everything. I can understand that it would make things easier, but the current implementation isn't hard so much as tedious. If you wanted to disable it in Investigation Mode, that's probably reasonable, but in general gameplay I think that'd be a great improvement.

As is, it's a really enjoyable game that I don't want to keep playing right now.
Version 0.7.0 has added several improvements to the replay system making it much more enjoyable. More improvements are planned (like some of the ones you mention) for the next versions and we will continue to listen to community feedback in order to make it as smooth as possible. We are convinced that this system is better than having multiple saves and will continue to improve it as we go along.

Based on the feedback, we will see how to extend the system that indicates location changes to interactive elements but with our tight schedule this will not be for the next version.

Just to clarify, about the dialogs skip, you can use CTRL. Doesn't it work for you or is it not fast enough?

Reactions: johnelros and VIII_

N_Yah

May 23, 2020
Just to clarify, about the dialogs skip, you can use CTRL. Doesn't it work for you or is it not fast enough?
It wasn't working for me, or maybe it was because I was using LeftCtrl, does skip only work with RightCtrl? Either way, if there is a dialogue skip then that helps a lot and you can ignore that feedback, I'll keep an eye out for it the next time I play.

Sunrise Team

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
It wasn't working for me, or maybe it was because I was using LeftCtrl, does skip only work with RightCtrl? Either way, if there is a dialogue skip then that helps a lot and you can ignore that feedback, I'll keep an eye out for it the next time I play.
Sorry I was a little tired, it's SHIFT to skip dialogs.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1637995163587.png

EN/ Weekly News #103
1637995188142.png
Version 0.7.1 is coming along very well. As a reminder, the next version will focus mostly on story and will include some illustrations, but it will not be a major release. We prefer to ensure a December release that neatly finish two personal stories.
On the production side, we have finished writing all the dialogue that will conclude the investigation and the first chapter of Clover's story. On the art side, the illustrations are coming along very well, and we can't wait for you to see them.
If you have played version 0.7.0b, don't hesitate to give us your feedback here or on to tell us what you liked or what should be improved.
Finally, we would like to remind you of two last news:
  • The (which includes 2 free months).
  • The poll for the .

Sinndallas

SD
Donor
Aug 7, 2017
So I've gotten everything else but somehow I am still missing something...Prologue Part 3 - Ladies Man. How in the world do I get this?

I love the concept of this game for sure, even without the sex stuff. Just as a game itself. It still needs some work and is obviously an early/production based game but that is made clear and the creators appear to be very active and positive about their project so high hopes. If I ever get the funding to back people regularly again you'll be on the list.

Sunrise Team

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
wait after beating the guy and in the BLOC B maintenance where do i go?
You must find elements in the background to repair the pipe on the right.

So I've gotten everything else but somehow I am still missing something...Prologue Part 3 - Ladies Man. How in the world do I get this?

I love the concept of this game for sure, even without the sex stuff. Just as a game itself. It still needs some work and is obviously an early/production based game but that is made clear and the creators appear to be very active and positive about their project so high hopes. If I ever get the funding to back people regularly again you'll be on the list.
Thank you! For "The ladies' man", you need to make a perfect date (100%) with Ellen.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Finally played through the new stuff. It will be interesting to see what Ellen thinks about what happened when she's sober in the morning.

Also it will also be interesting to see if the MC can pull his head out of his own ass if Kana finds out.

Reactions: Sirren

asko06

Feb 25, 2021

7.1 E.A

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

1640439229420.png
1640439235965.png
Merry Christmas to all! We hope you have a great holiday season with your friends and family!
On our side, we have prepared a little gift for you this year. You discovered new wallpapers in the in-game phone, well you can download these same wallpapers for your phone!
We wish you a good end of the year
and we'll see you soon to talk about the next version!
-Sunny & Zack
De notre côté, on vous a préparé un petit cadeau cette année. Vous avez découvert de nouveaux fonds d‘écran dans le téléphone en jeu, et bien vous pouvez télécharger ces même fond d’écran pour votre téléphone !
On vous souhaite une bonne fin d’année
et on se retrouve bientôt pour parler de la prochaine version !
-Sunny & Zack

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
any instant txt skipping. (like renpy way? tried to hold usual buttons and combos but no luck. so i assume none. which is auto-disqualifing)
also no minigames skipping? why ui isnot working during dialogues (like cannot save etc)

marci95

Mar 11, 2021
many thanks, is there any way for returning players to skip faster thru the game or like a cheat mod?

4.20 star(s) 22 Votes