• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Sunshine Love [Ch.1 v1.00, Ch.2 v1.01i, & Ch.3 v1.01i] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
my gallery is not unlocked.how can i do this?
I have played without the mod first if it matters somehow
Mod doesn't unlock OEM gallery (so you can still use it as an achievements goal). It has it's own custom unlocked gallery accessed as shown in pic #2 in the OP (SanchoGallery).

Although I didn't think it needed elaborate instructions, to access the fully unlocked gallery:

1) From the main menu select "SanchoMod"
SL SM B04a.jpg

2) From the SanchoMod screen select "SanchoGallery"
SL SM B05c.jpg

3) Find the fully unlocked custom gallery
SL SM B04b2.jpg

Last edited:

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
Mod doesn't unlock OEM gallery (so you can still use it as an achievements goal). It has it's own custom unlocked gallery accessed as shown in pic #2 in the OP (SanchoGallery).

Although I didn't think it needed elaborate instructions, to access the fully unlocked gallery:

1) From the main menu select "SanchoMod"
View attachment 1677494

2) From the SanchoMod screen select "SanchoGallery"
View attachment 1677495

3) Find the fully unlocked custom gallery
View attachment 1677500
oh damn,that was a total brain fart on my part,cant believe i missed that button. thanks

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Quick question.
If I want to update your bugfixed mod for chapter one I can just overwrite the old mod files?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Quick question.
If I want to update your bugfixed mod for chapter one I can just overwrite the old mod files?
If the "old mod files" you mean the older SanchoMod then indeed. Simply install the newest mod over the old, giving permission to overwrite files as requested.

Reactions: Uthuriel

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
For you SanchoMod fans: If you have any issue with Ch1 export file for importing into Ch2 then let me know (you won't have a problem due to the mod, I'm offering assistance of the base game code). For you folks I will supply you with your save-specific export file as needed. Simply tag me in a post with your COMPLETED Ch1 save file (one only pls) and I'll knock it out for you. Windows platform ONLY.

This is highly likely to not come up or be an issue, but thought I'd provide it as some folks in the VN's OP are having issues for some unknown and unverifiable reason. Regards.

Reactions: Uthuriel

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I think this was answered before but...

1646015738942.png

even though I'm not on the Nicole path it says GF.

Compared to CH1

1646015801542.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think this was answered before but...

View attachment 1678113

even though I'm not on the Nicole path it says GF.

Compared to CH1

View attachment 1678114
I see. It appears I missed that Dots isn't using the variable that decided the "Single" mode made in Ch1/Week2, which the mod uses to decipher if Nic is in Open/Single/Girlfriend status. Reviewing the Ch2 variables again it's simply Open Relationship or not. I'll fix it, but it sure seems an oversight be the dev imho. Thanks for the heads-up.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I have another bug I think?

1646019373022.png
I can't progress past this point. I'm on none of those paths.

And I noticed this. Not sure if this is due the mod or a misspelling in the vanilla game.

1646019487318.png

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Oh and one more thing. I've been comparing event flags from CH1 and CH2. I think some of them are not being transferred correctly.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have another bug I think?

View attachment 1678237
I can't progress past this point. I'm on none of those paths.

And I noticed this. Not sure if this is due the mod or a misspelling in the vanilla game.

View attachment 1678239
Well, those choices and that spelling is all on the dev. I didn't create the menu choices and I don't change any dialogue. Same goes with the variable transfers from Ch1 to Ch2, that's all on the dev as the mod does not change any variables at all, it only displays them (as seen in the ChoiceGuide letting you know what paths are needed). It appears that Dots did not take into account that a player might not be on any path of the above conversation with Roshi. You have most certainly found a bug in the script that will have a bug fix inbound from the dev as I'm sure other folks might have decided to not be on any path (maybe). I reckon he assumed you would be with someone at this point, dunno.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Well, those choices and that spelling is all on the dev. I didn't create the menu choices and I don't change any dialogue. Same goes with the variable transfers from Ch1 to Ch2, that's all on the dev as the mod does not change any variables at all, it only displays them (as seen in the ChoiceGuide letting you know what paths are needed). It appears that Dots did not take into account that a player might not be on any path of the above conversation with Roshi.
Then this is a huge oversight on the devs part. Like one of the biggest fuck ups I've seen so far.
I think MrDots should stop snorting the cocaine he got from developing those games and instead invest that money in quality control.
Thank you for your insight.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Then this is a huge oversight on the devs part. Like one of the biggest fuck ups I've seen so far.
I think MrDots should stop snorting the cocaine he got from developing those games and instead invest that money in quality control.
Thank you for your insight.
What's odd to me is there is another "tablet call choice" later on that explicitly skips it if you are not on any of the particular paths. But not the one you showed. The other is like this:
Python:
if v_c_path or v_ashley_path or v_vicky_path or v_yuki_path:
    jump lb_w5_mow_call_nicole_girls
elif True:
    jump lb_w5_mow_call_nicole_nogirls
What that does is if you are not on any of the four path in the conditional, it skips the call label and jumps past it. In the one where you displayed there is no such conditional, it mandatory for any player. I agree it's a rather major oversight, as the dev must assume that a player might not have chosen to be with anyone (if that is indeed an option which it is).

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
What's odd to me is there is another "tablet call choice" later on that explicitly skips it if you are not on any of the particular paths. But not the one you showed. The other is like this:
Python:
if v_c_path or v_ashley_path or v_vicky_path or v_yuki_path:
    jump lb_w5_mow_call_nicole_girls
elif True:
    jump lb_w5_mow_call_nicole_nogirls
What that does is if you are not on any of the four path in the conditional, it skips the call label and jumps past it. In the one where you displayed there is no such conditional, it mandatory for any player. I agree it's a rather major oversight, as the dev must assume that a player might not have chosen to be with anyone (if that is indeed an option which it is).
I asked on their discord and they said this:

1646023410652.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I asked on their discord and they said this:

View attachment 1678329
Yes, the "sister" option is there at the very top. With your resolution temporarily toggle OFF the ChoiceGuide. I'm not sure why your screen looks like that, mine is there at the very top of the screen. Toggling OFF the ChoiceGuide temporarily will make those choices "skinnier" on the screen so more of them fit. Try that and let me know.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Yes, the "sister" option is there at the very top. With your resolution temporarily toggle OFF the ChoiceGuide. I'm not sure why your screen looks like that, mine is there at the very top of the screen. Toggling OFF the ChoiceGuide temporarily will make those choices "skinnier" on the screen so more of them fit. Try that and let me know.
Yes, with the choice guide disabled the option is there. Still weird.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes, with the choice guide disabled the option is there. Still weird.
Well, I'll take part of the blame then, as I chose to make all the menu options available in the VN so the player would know what they MIGHT be missing and the ChoiceGuide says what is missing to make that choice available. I do this in most mods but most don't have that many menu choices at once. The good news is that's the only large amount of choices (to date anyway) that you will run across. So for trying to keep the player most informed, that's on me. Regards.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Well, I'll take part of the blame then, as I chose to make all the menu options available in the VN so the player would know what they MIGHT be missing and the ChoiceGuide says what is missing to make that choice available. I do this in most mods but most don't have that many menu choices at once. The good news is that's the only large amount of choices (to date anyway) that you will run across. So for trying to keep the player most informed, that's on me. Regards.
Nah it's cool. The solution was in the end quite simple. After reading the SL bug report section of their discord it seems to me that this chapter two release is still buggy as fuck. I have the feeling they were behind schedule and pushed it out sooner than they should have.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes