Mod Ren'Py Sunshine Love [Ch.1 v1.00, Ch.2 v1.01i, & Ch.3 v1.01i] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Not sure if you have seen it but they released a bugfixed version of chapter 2 release.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Not sure if you have seen it but they released a bugfixed version of chapter 2 release.
Thanks bud, been waiting for it to drop. I've just finished my 3rd mod update today in 16hrs so I'm going to take a break and grab some dinner first. I'll check it out and push a revision asap. Regards.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Thanks bud, been waiting for it to drop. I've just finished my 3rd mod update today in 16hrs so I'm going to take a break and grab some dinner first. I'll check it out and push a revision asap. Regards.
No stress. :)

Do it when you have time. I just wanted to notify you so you have it on your radar.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. Yesterday was a long day for me updating mods and I fell asleep before I could get to this one. I'll be pushing out an update for Ch2 v0.01.5 as a separate file shortly. This is so folks have a choice. Regards and I'll keep you posted.

• Love
Reactions: Uthuriel

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update:

OP includes separate links for Ch2 v0.01.5 if you desire. Enjoy.

Note: I had 2 saves from v0.01 that error when loading (RenPy can't rollback far enough). This is NOT the mod, the dev changed quite a bit of text and conditional statements so I can only assume it's where your save is at whether it'll load or not. The good news is that this episode is not very large so you can always start from scratch if need be.

I also added a "cheat" of sorts for import. There is now an option to start with everything "maxed" rather than importing your old data or answering the questions. This is just an option but will obviously not be a "pure play" experience. You do you. Regards.

Reactions: JennaJJ

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
The bug displaying Nicole as GF is still in the mod even if you have broken up with her.

I assume that's not going to be a problem right?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The bug displaying Nicole as GF is still in the mod even if you have broken up with her.

I assume that's not going to be a problem right?
Damnit, I forgot about that... yeah, I meant to resolve that although I reckon the dev will realize at some point the issue and I'll be back to fixing it again :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'll drop the "i" in "single" to freak folks out with OCD and make it fit the column better. ... I've saved the old code in case the dev makes any changes going forward.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I'll drop the "i" in "single" to freak folks out with OCD and make it fit the column better. ... I've saved the old code in case the dev makes any changes going forward.
Sad thing is that MrDots and team don't care for mods...
I think I read a few days back that there are some coding errors in the fun-time patch Hyperserver posts here and he got super defensive about the whole thing.
Instead of a thank you we will look at it he got a bit pissy, granted the user telling him that wasn't that polite either.

Anyway. I'm very grateful for your work. Makes playing much more enjoyable.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sad thing is that MrDots and team don't care for mods...
I think I read a few days back that there are some coding errors in the fun-time patch Hyperserver posts here and he got super defensive about the whole thing.
Instead of a thank you we will look at it he got a bit pissy, granted the user telling him that wasn't that polite either.

Anyway. I'm very grateful for your work. Makes playing much more enjoyable.
I get it, and I don't fault some devs as they see the work as their "baby" and many mods hack the shit out of them. I've always done my best to improve the product which therefore helps promote the dev...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. At the end of the day most of these devs (hell, even so-called modders around here) are in it for the monthly juice they squeeze out of monetary sites. That'll never be me and why I'm the black sheep 'round these parts I reckon.

When the rubber meets the road, if sharing one of my personal use mods helps another person enjoy the consumption of the media they are going to be consuming anyway then I'm good with it. Regards and I appreciate your feedback.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
I get it, and I don't fault some devs as they see the work as their "baby" and many mods hack the shit out of them. I've always done my best to improve the product which therefore helps promote the dev...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. At the end of the day most of these devs (hell, even so-called modders around here) are in it for the monthly juice they squeeze out of monetary sites. That'll never be me and why I'm the black sheep 'round these parts I reckon.

When the rubber meets the road, if sharing one of my personal use mods helps another person enjoy the consumption of the media they are going to be consuming anyway then I'm good with it. Regards and I appreciate your feedback.
And yet your mods have been consistently the best I have used :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
And yet your mods have been consistently the best I have used :)
I sincerely appreciate that. If that's the case then I would 100% blame it on me writing mods for myself and I have a high expectation of a proper, quality product. If I can't code something that suits my needs then there's no way in hell I'd push that product out for others. That's the difference between me and every other modder I know of, I'm not a rookie hack and I write these add-ons for my enjoyment of the product, not to promote a "patreon-of-nothing", "buy me a whatever", or join my "dysfunctional discord". I have zero ulterior motive except for simply giving back, hoping the karma circles back around. I do this for folks just like you who simply want/need one or more of the options provided to better their experience. If I succeed in that then... fuckin' A.

Regards bud.

John Blutarsky

Apr 24, 2018
On the SanchoMod Relationship screen, is there a way to change the status of the Path for individual names? Your mod is terrific - thanks.

1646947823118.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
On the SanchoMod Relationship screen, is there a way to change the status of the Path for individual names? Your mod is terrific - thanks.

View attachment 1697373
Good afternoon. There's really no reason for me to spend the time to code path changes in either the stat screens or the cheat screen since it's already pre-coded OEM in the tablet. If it wasn't I wouldn't code them into the stat screens (to keep them clean) but would add them to the SanchoCheats screen. I've done this on titles such as BeingADIK, etc.

I appreciate your input though and also your compliment, sincerely. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I asked on their discord and they said this:

View attachment 1678329
While I'm porting the newest core over I remembered this issue and wrote some code to auto-resolve the issue if more than normal amount of choices appear on screen at any given time (works automatically so I can set it and forget it). I basically reduce the amount of space between the choices and that space is reduced exponentially with the amount of choices on screen. For example:

Old mod port: SL SM B06d2.jpg
New mod port: SL SM B06d1.jpg

I can make them tighter is your native resolution is still throwing it out of whack, but at least we have resolution and we won't have to worry about it popping up again since it's automated.

Speaking of menu choices, I've also included the new SanchoMod MenuChoice opacity adjustment. It only adjusts the dormant (idle) box so when hovered it has no effect (the blue highlight is full opacity all the time so your hover remains obvious).

Example of adjustment option: SL SM B06d3.jpg
Extreme example showing hover is not effected: SL SM B06d4.jpg

Since I basically have this VN, Leap of Faith, and Being a DIK left to port I'm kinda going all in on features. Even though I'm listed on most OPs I still doubt they will release this one even though I'll cut no corners and throw the kitchen sink at it, all polished as folks have come to expect of course.

Regards.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
While I'm porting the newest core over I remembered this issue and wrote some code to auto-resolve the issue if more than normal amount of choices appear on screen at any given time (works automatically so I can set it and forget it). I basically reduce the amount of space between the choices and that space is reduced exponentially with the amount of choices on screen. For example:

Old mod port: View attachment 1786157
New mod port: View attachment 1786158

I can make them tighter is your native resolution is still throwing it out of whack, but at least we have resolution and we won't have to worry about it popping up again since it's automated.

Speaking of menu choices, I've also included the new SanchoMod MenuChoice opacity adjustment. It only adjusts the dormant (idle) box so when hovered it has no effect (the blue highlight is full opacity all the time so your hover remains obvious).

Example of adjustment option: View attachment 1786184
Extreme example showing hover is not effected: View attachment 1786193

Since I basically have this VN, Leap of Faith, and Being a DIK left to port I'm kinda going all in on features. Even though I'm listed on most OPs I still doubt they will release this one even though I'll cut no corners and throw the kitchen sink at it, all polished as folks have come to expect of course.

Regards.
I almost forgot^^
Good thing you didn't... :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Some other random teasers while I'm at it:
I'm still on the fence regarding the new Gallery code with the center hover description. It looks appropriate with some titles while it doesn't with others so this may change a bit while I debate and tweak on it. I'm also working on the SanchoCheats now, not even sure why tbh. I guess I like mine better than the tablet's.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes