VN Ren'Py Abandoned Sunshine Valley [v0.1] [Rehex]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
I don't know what their original intention was, but from the blatant rip of Summertime Saga art I can only assume it was a cash grab from the start. If you intend to produce a good game, make sure you have at the bare minimum a coder, a writer, and an artist. All of those are available freelance and many will work cheap for the chance to be an invested (meaning a percentage of the profit) part of a project that may be very successful. And a faker in any of those three departments is easily spotted when they crib someone else's work and slap their name on it. Again, I don't know what the developer's intention was, but this had "fake it until the Patreon money rolls in" written all over it from the very beginning.

JacksHoff

Jul 15, 2018
I don't know what their original intention was, but from the blatant rip of Summertime Saga art I can only assume it was a cash grab from the start. If you intend to produce a good game, make sure you have at the bare minimum a coder, a writer, and an artist. All of those are available freelance and many will work cheap for the chance to be an invested (meaning a percentage of the profit) part of a project that may be very successful. And a faker in any of those three departments is easily spotted when they crib someone else's work and slap their name on it. Again, I don't know what the developer's intention was, but this had "fake it until the Patreon money rolls in" written all over it from the very beginning.
no shit

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Yea, it's kinda hilarious how blatant it was, they literally line traced STS. You can go through files and lay shit on top of each other.

Reactions: SenPC

Moosy

Feb 10, 2018
they got too much heat because of the art style, real shame. I hope they come up with another project though.

narconic

Mar 12, 2019
here you go mate (y)
What am i supposed to do with this? Like do i just cut+paste this into a specific folder or what?
I'm not too familiar with the renpy engine.

*edit*
i figured it out.
1) rename downloaded file "incest.rpyc"
2) move it to renpy/common

*edit2*
Just finished it. What a waste of time

Last edited:

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
What was so hard to understand at version 0.1 and abandoned? There was not that much content to be expected...

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
This is the kind of game that makes you doubtfoul the time you want to support a patreon's project.
Make a game and develop it is not about art, good start and a few gags at the beggining, nor even a little amount of time between the updates. It's about consistency and hard work.
I would NEVER EVER give my money to a game withouth a long road behind him, or something that makes you trustful on the project.
I hope you guys learn for your new project, and make something better than this "game"

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes