VN Ren'Py Abandoned Sunshine Valley [v0.1] [Rehex]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

jasonqsmith

Jun 14, 2017
Take another look at the characters side by side. Or scroll back in the thread to see a few comparisons. The style difference is the art is inherent in tracing poorly. Much of the character art is literally traced.
Got a link? All I see is people calling out how similar the style is. Nothing I saw looked like a direct trace or something that screamed out to me it was traced/intentionally copied. There is enough "unique" art as well and looks like a completely different drawing style.

As for the other similarities......look at every other game like this and STS...

Mirso

Apr 1, 2019
Is anything happening?
2019-10-20 was the release date they sayed about a month or 2 will take them for new updatet back when first lauche came out: we are now 2020-03-11 still no updatet, thats 5 month allmost, and if anything comes out soon i bet it will be 5 min long :p

Reactions: Kermit79

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
2019-10-20 was the release date they sayed about a month or 2 will take them for new updatet back when first lauche came out: we are now 2020-03-11 still no updatet, thats 5 month allmost, and if anything comes out soon i bet it will be 5 min long :p
They have full time jobs, they only earn 22$ per month with this game, don't blame them if the updates are slow

Mirso

Apr 1, 2019
Nope. They "working" on it.
They used half year stil nothing new . And when it dose come it be 5 min game time.
Good luck and have fun

potty khale

Apr 21, 2018
Nope. They "working" on it.
They used half year stil nothing new . And when it dose come it be 5 min game time.
Good luck and have fun
are they working or is this abandoned. looks abandoned to me as their discord server is motionless for quite some time. Maybe the people complaining about the art got to their heads and they became unmotivated to work on it.
if they are still working on it, then i am glad.

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
We are and we did post on Patreon but we are kind tired of posting here to be honest. Every reply is about how long its taking. So we rather just keep our heads down and keep working. The games that are putting out updates every 3 or 4 months have at least 1 full time member. not us.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
We are and we did post on Patreon but we are kind tired of posting here to be honest. Every reply is about how long its taking. So we rather just keep our heads down and keep working. The games that are putting out updates every 3 or 4 months have at least 1 full time member. not us.

I do love a good pity party. Better developers than these guys have crashed and burned down that self-pity route before. Or strung a game out for six years or so. What I really want to hear about is how bad life is in Russia, and how their computers are all actual potatoes, and they have dreams of going to school for art or coding.

Mirso

Apr 1, 2019
We dont ask u to post stuff here. But whole world is on lockdown and u guys been working realy slow. U wont get patrons by pitty. We get it u guys work and stuff but how long dose it take? How long did u guys use on intro part?

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
I am not asking for pitty im explaining why its slow and why i dont want to constantly post updates here. I am just stating a fact. We will produce the game regardless. "The whole world is on lockdown" well I wont say anything about our personal lives on here but I can assure you that work for myself and Willy has not ended. A lot of people are still working hard and so are we. I jokingly said to Willy it would have been amazing if he had no work because; we could really put out updates quickly. But oh well we are in it for the long haul so for us its not a race. The intro took several months and that's with Willy having had a chance to take a vacation from work to fully dedicate himself to that first update.

TokyoRoaster

Mar 18, 2019
I am not asking for pitty im explaining why its slow and why i dont want to constantly post updates here. I am just stating a fact. We will produce the game regardless. "The whole world is on lockdown" well I wont say anything about our personal lives on here but I can assure you that work for myself and Willy has not ended. A lot of people are still working hard and so are we. I jokingly said to Willy it would have been amazing if he had no work because; we could really put out updates quickly. But oh well we are in it for the long haul so for us its not a race. The intro took several months and that's with Willy having had a chance to take a vacation from work to fully dedicate himself to that first update.
ok fine but... are you going to release something soon or not?

• Haha
Reactions: Morah SDG and SenPC

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
New developers, working with full time jobs. I would stop asking for updates on F95.

But there are other signs that movement is slow to non-existent. Their website for this VN hasn't been updated since October. The Patreon has had only two updates since the initial flurry. One in January the last in March.

Even I have fallen into the trap of complaining about updates on this site, but I am trying to be better. The dev cannot use the same reasoning for not posting here with regard to Patreon and the game website. They control 100% of the content at those sites. They can answer the 'when?' question there or not. But it is telling that they have not posted in those locations either. Maybe it isn't abandoned, but it might be better to list this as "On-hold" until you have a better schedule or at least a project plan for this title.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes