• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Super Powered: Better Experience [v1.11] [Anne O'nymous]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Hmm... This one is tricky.
Statistically it's possible to roll a dice ten time in a row and get 1, so it can be you being really unlucky.
Can you put the one for the class ("control over randomization"->"Succeeding in class") at "you choose", and tell me if you are given a choice or not ?
As for the mother, it's always randomization or a choice given, but Billy need to have "Enhanced Senses" at 3 for it to happen. Are you sure that he have it ? Else, once it was broken by SFC mod, so there's perhaps something like that ; do you use another mod ?
Ok I tried changing it to choose and that definitely does work. I do have enhanced senses 3 and am not using any other mods. Maybe I just have bad luck with the "better luck" option.

Just tested a bit more with the options for mom's night events and I think there may be something wierd going on with timing there. I originally had the option picked that lets you choose what happens when I first started the game and it didn't work. Mom's events triggered very rarely and you didn't get to choose. I tried disabling it and then reenabling it in the game I already had going and now it does work. Maybe it didn't trigger because you don't start the game with enhanced senses 3 already? Not sure.

Hmmm, what error do you get ?
Here's the crash I get for bookface:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 2552, in script
    show screen stats_screen( get_char_by_ikey( interact_who ) )
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 501, in execute_show_screen
    args, kwargs = a.evaluate()
  File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 2552, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 467, in get_char_by_ikey
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "func_action_processing.rpyc", line 52, in script call
  File "screen/screen_bookface.rpyc", line 46, in script call
  File "screen/screen_bookface.rpyc", line 5, in script call
  File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 2552, in script
  File "D:\Games\Adult\SuperPowered_v0.41.00-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1947, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\Games\Adult\SuperPowered_v0.41.00-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1935, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\Adult\SuperPowered_v0.41.00-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 501, in execute_show_screen
    args, kwargs = a.evaluate()
  File "D:\Games\Adult\SuperPowered_v0.41.00-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 190, in evaluate
    args.append(renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope))
  File "D:\Games\Adult\SuperPowered_v0.41.00-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2035, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Games\Adult\SuperPowered_v0.41.00-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
SP 0.41.00
Sun Aug 30 10:10:20 2020

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Maybe I just have bad luck with the "better luck" option.
I'll still get another look at it.
Depending of target I gave 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 more chances of success, but it was more because of a theoretical thought than because of an intensive thinking. So for some cases I can probably give more chances of success ; and succeeding in class seem to be one of those cases.

I tried disabling it and then reenabling it in the game I already had going and now it does work. Maybe it didn't trigger because you don't start the game with enhanced senses 3 already? Not sure.
It's not because of the "Enhanced Senses", before my previous answer I did a try with a new game, then used the console to give me the requirement and it worked. It come more surely from the mod itself.
Not all options depend just of the switch state, for some the mod need to change some other values. Normally I ensure that the switch state is propagated correctly when you load a save file where the options wasn't present yet. But it's totally possible that I forgot time to time ; then, switching if off then on again solve the problem.

Here's the crash I get for bookface:

Code:
Grrrr... Think I know this bug.
Does it happen at any time, or just when you loaded a save ?
If it's the second, try to select a character, then return to the main phone page, or to close the phone then open it again, and tell me if you still have this problem after doing that.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I'll still get another look at it.
Depending of target I gave 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 more chances of success, but it was more because of a theoretical thought than because of an intensive thinking. So for some cases I can probably give more chances of success ; and succeeding in class seem to be one of those cases.

It's not because of the "Enhanced Senses", before my previous answer I did a try with a new game, then used the console to give me the requirement and it worked. It come more surely from the mod itself.
Not all options depend just of the switch state, for some the mod need to change some other values. Normally I ensure that the switch state is propagated correctly when you load a save file where the options wasn't present yet. But it's totally possible that I forgot time to time ; then, switching if off then on again solve the problem.
I think there is some strangeness in the trigger condition. I tried starting a new game and the "choose" option doesn't work now. Tried disabling all randomness tweaks for the new game and playing until after I got enhanced senses 3. I didn't use cheats to get it, I went to Globex and bought it. Then I changed all randomness settings to "choose" and none of them work.

Grrrr... Think I know this bug.
Does it happen at any time, or just when you loaded a save ?
If it's the second, try to select a character, then return to the main phone page, or to close the phone then open it again, and tell me if you still have this problem after doing that.
Always happens for me whether it's a new game or a saved game. Only tried a few different characters so not sure if it's only an issue some of them.

Edit: Just noticed something else about the randomness stuff. If I change the mod settings and save my game, then exit, then reload my game the randomness settings all change to their default mod settings.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018
Did this fix the familial ties bug?
I'm not sure what that is but I also had to give my character the 'incest' negative trait using the mod before I could do anything with mom. From what I understand, you have to get the 'Mind Control' and 'Symbolic Link' powers before you can do anything with your sister since she is underage.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Just a quick word.

I totally forgot that my daughter planed a one week holidays for me, which explain my silence last week. It also had some consequence at work, since I initially planed to be working last week, and now have to catch-up with what others did.

But I haven't forgot the problems you pointed, and look at them the week-end, or perhaps before, it will depend of how much of my brain is left after a day at work.

Reactions: Petroshky

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
anne O'nymous Hello! I currently use a mac for this game and am attempting to use your mod. Unfortunately i have run into the issue that macs do not have a home button like PCs and therefore i cannot open the mod menu other than when I start a new game. I was hoping that you might consider changing the hotkey to something that is a little more universal. Thank you!

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Unfortunately i have run into the issue that macs do not have a home button like [...]
It have one, but not as directly available key. You need to press fn + left for it. So, SHIFT + fn + left should works.
Else there's SHIFT + numpad * that works ; unless you're using a macbook, then you'll again have to rely on a combination of keys.

In the end, if none of those two ways works, open the console (enabled by the mod) with SHIFT + o, then type AON.

I was hoping that you might consider changing the hotkey to something that is a little more universal. Thank you!
It's not really possible, the amount of, not too complicated, available combination left is relatively limited. And it's reduced with almost every new version of Ren'py ; it's something that is common to all my mods/tools, and I already had to change it three times during the six first months.

I plan to also add an in-screen button, but it's not easy to find a way that would works whatever the game and also be not too invasive.

Reactions: WaveOfPig

fssntuff

Sep 15, 2018
It have one, but not as directly available key. You need to press fn + left for it. So, SHIFT + fn + left should works.
Else there's SHIFT + numpad * that works ; unless you're using a macbook, then you'll again have to rely on a combination of keys.

In the end, if none of those two ways works, open the console (enabled by the mod) with SHIFT + o, then type AON.

It's not really possible, the amount of, not too complicated, available combination left is relatively limited. And it's reduced with almost every new version of Ren'py ; it's something that is common to all my mods/tools, and I already had to change it three times during the six first months.

I plan to also add an in-screen button, but it's not easy to find a way that would works whatever the game and also be not too invasive.

Just a note, with the apple bluetooth keyboard I have, you can get same function as "Home" and "End" if you use the "Function key" + right arrow for "End" and "Function key" + left arrow for "Home". Have you tried that?

Reactions: WaveOfPig

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017

Having an on-screen button is really nice, but I understand your concern. I typically enjoy it when mod devs put it in the phone, but if that is too "in-game" for what you're going for then the preference screen might be a good option if possible. In my opinion, if someone is going out of their way to download and install your mod, it should be perfectly reasonable to expect, or even desire, to have an easy-to-access mod button, but thats just me.

I'll give that button combo a try as well.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Please tell me, somebody could run this mod on android?
Well, by default the answer is: not without rewriting the utilities and configuration interface.
But with all the tweaks, hooks and interceptions I use in this particular mod, I'm practically sure that it will never works on Android.

On a side node: I still haven't forgot the reported problems, but I had to help my son this week-end, sorry.

Reactions: demonkit

demonkit

Nov 12, 2017
Well, by default the answer is: not without rewriting the utilities and configuration interface.
But with all the tweaks, hooks and interceptions I use in this particular mod, I'm practically sure that it will never works on Android.

On a side node: I still haven't forgot the reported problems, but I had to help my son this week-end, sorry.
Can you please tell me which game files need to be edited in order to always get the highest marks in school. In order not to sleep. And the highest award for work. By the way, can I run this patch without Python?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Firstly, the good news, I finally had some times for myself, and released a bug fix update for the mod.

It fix the crash when interacting through the "bookface" page ; khumak can you confirm that you don't have it anymore ?
It also fix the problem when cheating with mind control power. The bug was present with the three of them (suppression, recalibration and reprogrammation) but strangely only the suppression was broke, and yet not every time ; SleepingDemon20 , jessicajones and cooperzero , this one should solve your problems

Can you please tell me which game files need to be edited in order to always get the highest marks in school.
It's a randomization. You need to edit the "/locations/loc_school.rpy" file, and change the "chemistry_class", "biology_class", and so on, to always branch to "chemistry_class_crit", "biology_class_crit", etc.

In order not to sleep.
You mean over sleep in the morning ? You need to edit the "func_time.rpy" file, and change the "_advance_phase" function for it to not take care of the "overslept" flag.

And the highest award for work.
Again it's a randomization. And again it's in the "/locations/loc_school.rpy" file. This time it's "school_job1", "school_job2" and so on, that you have to change, to always branch to "school_job1_crit", "school_job2_crit", etc.

By the way, can I run this patch without Python?
No. It's why you can't run it on Android, because Ren'py is in Java on this platform.
And also no, having an Android's Python port-like will not solve the problem, because the Android port of the game wouldn't use it.

demonkit

Nov 12, 2017
Firstly, the good news, I finally had some times for myself, and released a bug fix update for the mod.

It fix the crash when interacting through the "bookface" page ; khumak can you confirm that you don't have it anymore ?
It also fix the problem when cheating with mind control power. The bug was present with the three of them (suppression, recalibration and reprogrammation) but strangely only the suppression was broke, and yet not every time ; SleepingDemon20 , jessicajones and cooperzero , this one should solve your problems

It's a randomization. You need to edit the "/locations/loc_school.rpy" file, and change the "chemistry_class", "biology_class", and so on, to always branch to "chemistry_class_crit", "biology_class_crit", etc.

You mean over sleep in the morning ? You need to edit the "func_time.rpy" file, and change the "_advance_phase" function for it to not take care of the "overslept" flag.

Again it's a randomization. And again it's in the "/locations/loc_school.rpy" file. This time it's "school_job1", "school_job2" and so on, that you have to change, to always branch to "school_job1_crit", "school_job2_crit", etc.

No. It's why you can't run it on Android, because Ren'py is in Java on this platform.
And also no, having an Android's Python port-like will not solve the problem, because the Android port of the game wouldn't use it.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Nov 9, 2017
Everything worked fine until I got to version 42.00. When I click on any portrait on the phone on my Mac (I used the Rempy recompile method to get the PC version to run on Catalina) I get this:

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 521, in script call
call REALchar_stats( char )
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 81, in execute
screen AONstats_screen( char ):
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 82, in execute
if AONmod.coreVar.modCenter.AM01h() is True:
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 83, in execute
use AONbetterLookingPhone( char )
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 1752, in execute
screen AONbetterLookingPhone( char ):
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 1789, in execute
use AONblpInteraction( char )
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 1013, in execute
screen AONblpInteraction( char ):
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 1015, in execute
hbox:
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 1019, in execute
for target in [ "text", "flirt", "sext" ]:
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 1020, in execute
if ( char.phase_flags[target] | char.brainwashed | char.furious | char.terrified is False ) and player.interactions > 0:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for |: 'bool' and 'instancemethod'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "func_action_processing.rpyc", line 75, in script call
File "util/func_images.rpyc", line 3, in script call
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 521, in script call
call REALchar_stats( char )
File "screen/screen_stats.rpyc", line 3, in script
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "/Applications/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 82, in execute
if AONmod.coreVar.modCenter.AM01h() is True:
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 83, in execute
use AONbetterLookingPhone( char )
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 1789, in execute
use AONblpInteraction( char )
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 1015, in execute
hbox:
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 1019, in execute
for target in [ "text", "flirt", "sext" ]:
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 1020, in execute
if ( char.phase_flags[target] | char.brainwashed | char.furious | char.terrified is False ) and player.interactions > 0:
File "<screen language>", line 1020, in <module>
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for |: 'bool' and 'instancemethod'

Darwin-19.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SP 0.42.00
Thu Nov 26 17:02:32 2020

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote