Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Super Powered: Better Experience [v1.11] [Anne O'nymous]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Can you add a button to the annex section to open the config?
It's part of the future, but it directly imply the configuration interface, that is common to all my mods/tools, and that is a long rewriting in progress.

Meanwhile you can open the console (shift + o) and type AON there. It should open the said configuration interface.

Use the F keys or SHIFT+X or something?
The problem is that there isn't this much key combination that are effectively safe.
During the near to four years since I started writing mods/tools for Ren'py, I had to change the key combinations I used way too often. This simply because Ren'py never stop to extend itself, and to consume more of them for its own use ; and obviously, it choose the simpler ones, therefore the one modders also choose for the same reason. By example, right now Ren'py already use 7 of the 12 functions keys, (1-4, 7-8 and 11).

What mean that I have to limits to combinations that are less likely to be used, in order to not force you to have to relearn everything every now and then. This without falling for complicated schemes like SHIFT + CTRL + something.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Meanwhile you can open the console (shift + o) and type AON there. It should open the said configuration interface.
Thanks!

What about shift-f key? It's just something to be aware of that a lot of keyboards don't come with the "less used" parts of it on the right and wouldn't rely on those keys for important keybinds.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
What about shift-f key?
I don't really feel as them being opened to use.

This being said, when I'll finally come with the new version for the configuration interface, it will have its own configuration, that will be reusable through mods/tools. This should also open the possibility for you to define your own key combination to open the menu.
But as I said, it's not for a too near future alas, because there's a lot of works needed behind.

Reactions: taler

pspbro

Apr 22, 2017
I took a look, and the mod do not thouch to the variables involved in the building of the image path and name. This while the fact that combat_action_overlay_img have "none" as value is perfectly legit, the value being set to it many times in the game code.
The mod appear on the traceback only because it insert itself before the original code, where the error happen, but the issue come directly from the game. My guess go for a missing image, there's, alas, many in the 0.44.x
Good to know, thanks for taking a look!

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Can you add a separate button to get to the tracking for a girl without the 4ish clicks from opening the phone? For example click on a girl and there's a button next to rollback that says scene tracker so we can auto get there without opening the phone, going to annex, finding the correct girl. All this is pretty hard on android where I'm playing this.

Separately, is it also possible to not use the phone UI for the scene tracker. It's kinda cramped and hard to read on smaller devices. Why not a full screen UI so all the space can be used and we can get some regular-sized fonts on the hints there.

tinman18

Dec 27, 2018
Hi. I'm playing v0.44.04 & using your mod v1.10
I was fighting the female burgler & got the following error.
I hope you can fix it.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I hope you can fix it.
The error come from the game itself ; it's a missing image, which name is built using variables that my mod don't change.
"Exception: DynamicImage u'Combat/Overlay/Action/[combat.outfit]_[com_player.outfit]_[combat_action_overlay_img].png': could not find image. (u'Combat/Overlay/Action/neighborhoodnight_normal_none.png')"

The only way to fix it is to have a placeholder image named "neighborhoodnight_normal_none.png", and to put it into either
the "[path to the game]/SuperPowered/game/images/combat/overlay/action" folder, or the "[path to the game]/SuperPowered/game/combat/overlay/action", right now I don't remember which one it is.

Side note: Sorry, I have neglected a little this mod during the summer. It was a relatively intense period, but even when I don't reply, I'm still noting whatever is said, and thinking about a way to solve/improve the issue.

tinman18

Dec 27, 2018
The error come from the game itself ; it's a missing image, which name is built using variables that my mod don't change.
"Exception: DynamicImage u'Combat/Overlay/Action/[combat.outfit]_[com_player.outfit]_[combat_action_overlay_img].png': could not find image. (u'Combat/Overlay/Action/neighborhoodnight_normal_none.png')"

The only way to fix it is to have a placeholder image named "neighborhoodnight_normal_none.png", and to put it into either
the "[path to the game]/SuperPowered/game/images/combat/overlay/action" folder, or the "[path to the game]/SuperPowered/game/combat/overlay/action", right now I don't remember which one it is.

Side note: Sorry, I have neglected a little this mod during the summer. It was a relatively intense period, but even when I don't reply, I'm still noting whatever is said, and thinking about a way to solve/improve the issue.
Thanks for the reply.
So, it's a missing image in the game & would give that error regardless?
If yes, I'll have to talk to Baal (The game Dev).
There's a similar/same error from the flying uppercut too.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
So, it's a missing image in the game & would give that error regardless?
Yes it was. The values of the different variables are all legit, but the associated file do not exist. I verified that when someone else reported the same error. My memory tell me that the image is in fact in another folder, but it was early August, and I can mess this with another missing image.

There's a similar/same error from the flying uppercut too.
Same cause, the image is missing. I alter many things in the game, but not the variables used in the image name building ; partly to avoid this kind of problems.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
is this work with 44.04 ?
The minor version (a change after the last dot) generally are only bug fixes. So normally the mod should works without problems.
Sometimes I voluntarily forget to add a scene because it's clearly broke at the moment I updated the mod ; what prevent me to effectively test if it works correctly. But this scene not being in the scenes tracker should be the only issue when using the mod on a minor update.

Reactions: danial74
Apr 15, 2020
do y'all know how to install this mod on Mac air
it would be greatly appreciated if y'all could give me directions or preferably a video

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
do y'all know how to install this mod on Mac air
it would be greatly appreciated if y'all could give me directions or preferably a video
Hmm... Extract the archive in order to the files and the "AON-packages" directory, to be in the directory where the "rpy", "rpyc" or "rpa" files are located. Normally it should be the "[game name].app]/Contents/Resources/autorun/" directory.

I really don't know what could be said more.

Edit: Corrected the path.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
so I you put the file that says game into the macOS file
Er... Now that I have a little more time to think about it, there were an error in the path I gave. Since the "game" directory is already in the archive, it's in "[game name].app]/Contents/Resources/autorun/" that the archive should be extracted.

But that's the sole correction that have to be made.

Demonster99

Oct 25, 2019
how do you get this mod to sync with the game its not working for me says

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 40, in <module>
ImportError: No module named AONmod

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 515, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "game/1297632_Super_Powered_-_AONmod_1.10/game/AONmod.rpyc", line 37, in script
�W5��T8�
File "game/1297632_Super_Powered_-_AONmod_1.10/game/AONmod.rpyc", line 37, in script
�W5��T8�
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
While running game code:
Hmm, did you installed the mod correctly, including the "AON-packages" directory and its content ?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.44.04-win
Into the mod archive, you've a "game" folder, that you should extract into that directory.
You just open the archive, and either you click on extract and choose "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.44.04-win" as destination, or you drag & drop this "game" folder into the "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.44.04-win" directory ; both have the same result.

If you do this, there's no reason for the mod to not works.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote