Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Super Powered: Better Experience [v1.11] [Anne O'nymous]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
BTW, there is a second hotfix out (0.44.02).
Yeah, took a quick look at it, and normally it don't interfere with the mod. Just kept 0.44.01 as version in OP because it's the version with which I effectively validated the mod.

timelostking

Mar 6, 2020
ok i must be stupid i put the files into the game file and still no good is there a way someone can just send me a pic on how it should look like? and thanks

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
ok i must be stupid i put the files into the game file and still no good is there a way someone can just send me a pic on how it should look like? and thanks
It should looks like this:
sp folder.jpg

I really wish there was a gallery mod -_-
Why ? Between the scene tracker that tell you what the trigger and conditions are, and the many cheat, you can easily replay any scenes as much as you want ; and without the possible issues due to the replay mechanism.

Even Baal itself let down his replay mechanisms, it's not a modder that will be able to add one that works effectively fine.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Why ? Between the scene tracker that tell you what the trigger and conditions are, and the many cheat, you can easily replay any scenes as much as you want ; and without the possible issues due to the replay mechanism.
Thinking about it, I found this answer too short and not explicit enough.

Technically speaking, as the game code is wrote, it's perfectly possible to make a replay gallery. It wouldn't be easy, but it is possible. But the problem is not in the feasibility. It's more a question of ergonomics and interest.

Actually, the scene trackers have 1188 entries ; and I know that there few that are still missing. Even by removing 10% for the none lewd scenes that are tracked, and dividing by two to take count of the scenes that have variations, it still let more than 500 scenes. This imply that right now a gallery would have 500 entries, and this number would increase with each updates ; this update added more than 30 scenes. In top of that, some scenes have variations, therefore clicking on an entry would then make a menu pop-up, for you to choose in what context you want the scene to be played.

In the same time, the game is mostly a big sandbox. Exception made of the high school graduation, that close the door of the school classes, at anytime you can access to any scene you want. Will you effectively see the scene, will you see the variation you want, this will depend of Billy's values and the girl's values. Values that can be easily changed through the mod. You can even, for the location where it mean something, decide what girl is present, what help to get the scene you want to see.

Therefore, adding a gallery into the game would just add a complex interface to let you do something that you can already do. It would imply few less clicks for you, but more possible bugs, all this to do something that you already can do. This simply because, at least with this mod, the game itself is its own gallery.
I haven't effectively tested it, but except the ultimate quest of the NCHDL, that is really particular and would totally break the story line if it was replayable, I think that there isn't a single scene that you can't see again if you use the mod to change the rights values ; values that are given to you by the scene tracker.

All this being said. There's 1188 scenes... Before wanting to see some again, are you really sure that you've seen them all ?

Reactions: xoxo1001

Myke69

Jan 25, 2018
Is it a problem on my part or is using the cheat for the improved and advanced in poly does not give their corresponding stats?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Is it a problem on my part or is using the cheat for the improved and advanced in poly does not give their corresponding stats?
Which one, Cognition, Musculature, Bone structure, or the three ? And what are you expecting them to do ?
I just tested it, and the cheat effectively change the value of the corresponding variable, while the name of variables seem to be correct.

Myke69

Jan 25, 2018
Which one, Cognition, Musculature, Bone structure, or the three ? And what are you expecting them to do ?
I just tested it, and the cheat effectively change the value of the corresponding variable, while the name of variables seem to be correct.
All three, I can use their abilities when fighting but there is no bonus from superpower in the stat side

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
All three, I can use their abilities when fighting but there is no bonus from superpower in the stat side
Yeah, this is normal. You've the bonus for the three POLY power you choose during the injection, and that's all. This particular cheat is here to let you see the scene you want and present no interest for the rest of the game.

For combats, you can already make Billy stronger and/or the opponent weaker, improve Billy luck and/or decrease the one of the opponent, and you can change the health and willpower, both for Billy and the opponent, in real time.
As for the others place where Billy's stats are used, they are all designed for a maximal value of 10 ; when all the power will be available, Billy would probably reach half of this value just with the injections.
All this imply that there's no reason to change the stats when changing the benefit from the POLY power. It's a game, it need to be played a little. Anyway the mod already can make it near to impossible to fail something, unless you really want it, this whatever the stats of Billy.

Myke69

Jan 25, 2018
Yeah, this is normal. You've the bonus for the three POLY power you choose during the injection, and that's all. This particular cheat is here to let you see the scene you want and present no interest for the rest of the game.

For combats, you can already make Billy stronger and/or the opponent weaker, improve Billy luck and/or decrease the one of the opponent, and you can change the health and willpower, both for Billy and the opponent, in real time.
As for the others place where Billy's stats are used, they are all designed for a maximal value of 10 ; when all the power will be available, Billy would probably reach half of this value just with the injections.
All this imply that there's no reason to change the stats when changing the benefit from the POLY power. It's a game, it need to be played a little. Anyway the mod already can make it near to impossible to fail something, unless you really want it, this whatever the stats of Billy.
I see.Thanks

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Thanks for the mod and sorry, you will update the mod to 0.44.04 ?
I don't know yet.

Generally for this game minor updates fix bugs more than it add content, so perhaps that the mod will still cover everything without need to be itself updated. I'll look at that once I'll come back from works.

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/AONmodST.rpy", line 1122, in script
    return _return
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/AONmodST.rpy', 1624999741, 1395).

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    return _return
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1561, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 710, in lookup_return
    raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/AONmodST.rpy', 1624999741, 1395).

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
SP 0.44.04
Fri Jul 30 01:16:09 2021

I caught this one after the Danni makeout scene which ends after they are watching TV.

FloatingOrb

Oct 19, 2016
So i am playing the latest version of the base game with this mod (I know, mod isn't updated) but I can't seem to open the config menu with shift enter. Is that because of the lack of mod update?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
So...

Firstly, sorry for the late comment, my (now adult and happy to be independent son) needed his dad to solve a problem ; independent my ass :D

Secondly, as far as I've seen there's no need to update the mod. But I can have missed something, so as usual don't hesitate to tell me if you see something.

Now for the problems...

Code:
While running game code:
    return _return
I want to start by saying that I believe you, really. You had this problem, I have no doubt about this.

Now, the problem I have, is that this can not happen. To explain this, imagine the situation like this:
There's a room, you use the door to enter inside it. So far everything is normal. But suddenly, when you decide to exit the room, you face a problem. Wherever you look, there's no door, only plain walls.

It's exactly the same problem here. If the game led you so far, there must be a "return label", there's no reason for a "return label" to not exist.
Therefore, it really seem to be a bug in the game or in a secondary mod that you are using, if you use one ; something that would have "jumped" where it should have "called".
There's also a, small to my knowledge, possibility that it happened if you just load a save from a previous version, and the said save was made in the middle of the scene. But once again it shouldn't happen, Ren'py is supposed to be strong enough and find a way despite the problem ; else most save files for this game would be invalid since years.

[...] I can't seem to open the config menu with shift enter.
Try the right key combination, shift + home, it should works better.

Reactions: ultorem13

FloatingOrb

Oct 19, 2016
So...

Firstly, sorry for the late comment, my (now adult and happy to be independent son) needed his dad to solve a problem ; independent my ass :D

Secondly, as far as I've seen there's no need to update the mod. But I can have missed something, so as usual don't hesitate to tell me if you see something.

Now for the problems...

I want to start by saying that I believe you, really. You had this problem, I have no doubt about this.

Now, the problem I have, is that this can not happen. To explain this, imagine the situation like this:
There's a room, you use the door to enter inside it. So far everything is normal. But suddenly, when you decide to exit the room, you face a problem. Wherever you look, there's no door, only plain walls.

It's exactly the same problem here. If the game led you so far, there must be a "return label", there's no reason for a "return label" to not exist.
Therefore, it really seem to be a bug in the game or in a secondary mod that you are using, if you use one ; something that would have "jumped" where it should have "called".
There's also a, small to my knowledge, possibility that it happened if you just load a save from a previous version, and the said save was made in the middle of the scene. But once again it shouldn't happen, Ren'py is supposed to be strong enough and find a way despite the problem ; else most save files for this game would be invalid since years.

Try the right key combination, shift + home, it should works better.
So, enter isn't the home key. I swear I am a happily independent son...

kog

Jul 23, 2017
When doing Physical Contact actions like Hug without enough stats it shows the Hug image instead of the Rejection image.

How do I change it to show the normal (Rejection) image?

pspbro

Apr 22, 2017
Got the following when doing a night watch, in combat, while attempting the flight kick move. Fresh install/save, only mod installed.

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 3079, in script call
        call REALplayer_combat_round
Exception: DynamicImage u'Combat/Overlay/Action/[combat.outfit]_[com_player.outfit]_[combat_action_overlay_img].png': could not find image. (u'Combat/Overlay/Action/neighborhoodnight_normal_none.png')
Can provide full traceback if needed, I just have to manually type it all out.

Unpacking rpa files showed there wasn't an image with that name in game/images/Combat/Overlay/Action/. Creating an image with that name made the error go away.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I caught this one after the Danni makeout scene which ends after they are watching TV.
Ok, had two others reports regarding this issue :/ I'll investigate further and way deeper.

When doing Physical Contact actions like Hug without enough stats it shows the Hug image instead of the Rejection image.
This shouldn't happen, and it clearly come from the mod. I'll look at this, thanks.

Unpacking rpa files showed there wasn't an image with that name in game/images/Combat/Overlay/Action/. Creating an image with that name made the error go away.
I took a look, and the mod do not thouch to the variables involved in the building of the image path and name. This while the fact that combat_action_overlay_img have "none" as value is perfectly legit, the value being set to it many times in the game code.
The mod appear on the traceback only because it insert itself before the original code, where the error happen, but the issue come directly from the game. My guess go for a missing image, there's, alas, many in the 0.44.x

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Can you add a button to the annex section to open the config? Not every keyboard has Home or numpad. I'm playing on android and those keys aren't there for my software keyboard.

Use the F keys or SHIFT+X or something?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote