• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
How to increase aptitude after reaching 9 ??
Knight of solace

Last edited:

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello everyone, I am the developer to Superheroes Suck.

Before I start with what will likely be a mountain of apologies for the current state of the game, I want to thank those that pointed out typos and bugs - when I got home from my shift last night I addressed all of them as best as I could and then promptly passed out. I'm better rested now and will do my best to answer some of the reoccurring questions.

I actually wasn't intending on uploading the game to F95zone until Version 0.45. I didn't even realize it was posted here until last night around midnight when I noticed a strange uptick in my patron count without any new reddit messages. The major reason is this: the main story is not in the game yet. Every week, on Sunday, the protagonist should be attending lectures in the classroom. These lectures progress the story, show off some of the character dynamics, make Missus Powell a more visible character, give hints on how to pursue the main story, unlock content, and improve the general pacing of the game. The main story is what I'm working on currently for Version 0.40.

I'm sorry for the choppiness of the first "animations" in the game. I actually started this project back in February of 2019. At the time, my graphics card was very poor. A simple, three second loop took approximately forty hours to render, while also making my computer unusable. I do have a full time job, which meant that I could either do one render a week or create story events - I couldn't do both. The dissolve transitions were a compromise. Maybe a single image with a text write-up would have been better, I'm not sure. This is also why the Academy looks very plain. I had a somewhat more robust looking model for it earlier on, but each render of the background took two hours - my card couldn't handle light sources through windows very well, or multiple light sources in general. It was so bad I ended up scrapping the first four months of work. In the end, I downloaded a simple room creator tool and made the environments myself. They're not the prettiest, but at the time they allowed me to produce a lot more content.

This game is very grindy, and I apologize for that as well. I've tried to mitigate that somewhat by making save-game compatibility between versions a priority, but the initial grind has several factors contributing to it. The most glaring one to me is that the "evening" time slot is actually a filler. Those are the night renders - the evening is supposed to be brighter and more accessible like the afternoon time slot, but I don't have the characters that would occupy that time slot finished yet. Really, the best use of time for the evenings is to train up your confidence. Speaking of which, the confidence grind will improve drastically once the main story is properly underway. The patrol missions you go on, and several choices that you make, will boost it.

The initial encounters in the Academy are very trial and error. This period is intentional, but is supposed to be much shorter. The girl's routines do normalize over the time, but without the future content I intend on adding, I know it can be frustrating to navigate. Once again, this is my bad. I'll try fixing some of these issues relatively soon.

Missus Powell will be a romantic interest, but much closer to the game's completion. There will be other, more mature looking characters added to the cast, but Queen Unbreakable herself will take a while.

The evening bathroom scene with Chrys is more of a teaser. You can peek on the other girls because they've never felt the need to lock the door while taking a shower - it can be heard from the outside, and none of the others have the inclination to spy inside. Chrys is the only one that always locks the door, and there is a reason for it that will be covered further on in her story.

The choices in the game all do have an effect, but none of them cause an alternating branch at the moment. Each decision either helps flesh out the protagonist, increases your relationship with one of the characters, and sometimes changes the outcome of a scene. I can't spend as much time as I would like developing the game, otherwise branching pathways would be more common. As it stands, I am aiming for multiple endings, but that is so far in the future that giving out details on it would just be me plucking ideas out of the air.

The Academy is supposed to be more of a "hub" area. There is a linear story which should be the meat of the game. I focused on the character stories first because of hardware limitations. This is why the game has such a weird drop in quality once you arrive. I purchased a new graphics card a few months ago, and it has been a lifesaver. With it, I added real animations to the game and redid the Introduction. So, it goes from a new introduction with a new graphics card, into old content with a bad graphics card, and finally into new content with the new graphics card. You can see this with the number of environments present - the new Introduction has you traveling to quite a few new places, or at least in one place with multiple camera angles, and you only really see that with the girls later on when we enter the shōnen dating arc. This is also why the characters look different the further you progress: I familiarized myself with a lot of the tools that I didn't know how to use when I started out.

There are blowjobs in the game. The first one isn't properly animated, but the rest are.

The protagonist's massive endowment is part of the story (I know how this sounds, I'm sorry), as well as practical. It is much easier for me to pose because I can better select the segments.

Riley appearing in multiple places has been fixed, but if you are eligible to trigger an event, it will happen regardless of where any character's schedule puts them. This is to help cut down on the waiting. If you need to train with Riley, you know more or less that she is only around in the mornings and usually in the gym or kitchen. Therefore, you can just show up to either of those areas in the morning slot and trigger the event instead of waiting on a specific day.

I don't know what a Jubjub is, but Google tells me it's a type of bird which can't be what you mean.
But don't convert it into VN. Just reduce grind

Knight of Solace

Developer of: Superheroes Suck!
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
But don't convert it into VN. Just reduce grind
Hey, sorry for such a late reply. It's been very busy at my real job and working on the game.

Drakan is correct, 9 Aptitude and 12 Fitness are the current stat caps in this version of the game. I have made changes to make that more obvious in the next release. Unfortunately, I got most of this feedback towards the end of my current development cycle. I try to release what I've worked on every 6 to 7 seven weeks so that the people that follow my game can see the features and story I've been creating.

Reducing the grind, or at least making it feel like less of a grind by adding more content, will be the focus of Version 0.45. I'm still working on the main story for Version 0.40. I am going to try and squeeze in something that should give better direction in the game on how to develop the girl's story arcs and pursue their events. Wish me luck!

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
Ok, so... does he even have powers? Because there has been no training him to use them. He's hasn't done so one single time since he supposedly did. I expected it might happen in the combat training with Riley, but nope.

So....is that going to happen at some point? Because it feels like a GIGANTIC hole in the "School Setting" part of the plot.

Come to my school and we'll help develop your powers and how to use them, except we wont, here go study and workout.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I am guessing that will be a plot thing. Or who knows maybe he doesn't, and everyone just thinks he does. Or maybe it is a tampering thing like how he got bigger.

Probably the teacher lady will come in and classes with her will focus on that.

Knight of Solace

Developer of: Superheroes Suck!
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
I am guessing that will be a plot thing. Or who knows maybe he doesn't, and everyone just thinks he does. Or maybe it is a tampering thing like how he got bigger.

Probably the teacher lady will come in and classes with her will focus on that.
You are correct! The protagonist's abilities, or lack of them, will be a major focus in his development throughout the main story. The game will address this situation as soon as the next version!

Dipsode

Aug 12, 2017
As far as sex and fap, it's true that it's not really that (not yet?). But in terms of story and humour, I think it's really very successful!
As for searching among 7 or 8 doors to find people, there are really worse things.
Keep the good work, dev ! (y)

====
Côté sexe et branlette, c'est vrai que ce n'est pas vraiment ça (pas encore ?). Mais côté histoire et humour, je trouve ça vraiment très réussi !
Quand à chercher parmi 7 ou 8 portes pour trouver les personnes, il y a vraiment pire comme truc.
Lâche pas la patate mon grand ! (y)

Reactions: Reifon

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Both Chrys(Despite how hard she tries to pretend otherwise) and Harper have clearly never touched a dick before the MC's. Starting to get the same impression from Valentina too. So it's a bit surprising that they don't bleed their first time with him, or express any hint of pain or discomfort.

I am aware there are other ways for a girl to lose her hymen. Especially girls who routinely get hit with cars. But some sort of acknowledgement or explanation in game would lend to the believability of the scenario.

Last edited:

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
After passing val's library test nd requesting the kiss reward, I get the following error.

image 'bg_5_ve_event4_5' not found

It's right after her kiss.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017

May 17 at 6:09pm
[Release] Superheroes Suck Version 0.40!

PC Version:
Mac Version:
Change-Log from 0.35 to 0.40:
  • 6 New Main Story Events! (Yes, the main story is finally in the game!)
  • Numerous bug fixes and spelling corrections
  • New Hint System!
  • Improved pacing and reduced grind!
  • The first Patrol Mission!
Update:
Hey everyone,
After a week of bug-testing, Version 0.40 is finally ready to launch! Special thanks for all of my patrons that submitted bug reports - I did my best to go back and address all of the issues. I also took in as much of the feedback as I could in regards to the pacing, lack of direction, and other commonly listed critiques in order to improve the game to the best of my ability. I can't wait for all of you to try out the First Patrol mission in the game and let me know what you think!
For future content, now that the main story, hint system, and placements around the Academy are all complete, I will be returning to making new events for the girls! Expect updates for Chrys, Valentina, Riley, and Harper in Version 0.45!

Reactions: Reifon and Paapi

Crazygamer43

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 25, 2018
Superheroes Suck [v0.40] [Solace]

Original Size: 1.22 GB
Compressed Size: 360 MB

Win/Linux: - - - - :)

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
I think mc is not powerful as other characters. So he can be compared to captain America & batman because people Around them are very powerful ??? (Asking just because of curiosity)

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes