NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Why does the protag get so obsessed with treating Artemisia like she's an extremely sheltered kid? He keeps going 'What?! You've never done x before?', my dude, she's a machine and was a car not too long ago. Why would an AI give a flying fuck about seeing what the kitchen looks like and why does he think she'd care?
He does have some blind spots in his logic sometimes. "You've never seen the academy bathroom?" "No. It doesn't have an on-ramp." He also seems pretty oblivious to the fact that at present she is a terrifying mechanical endoskeleton and there is a very real possibility that if Riley just ran into her while she was trying to brush her teeth she might throw her through a couple of load-bearing walls before she had a chance to explain herself.

Not to be too much about it, but there is no chance that Valentina doesn't already know that robot Artemesia is clanking around. She doesn't seem bothered by it. Maybe the other girls should get the benefit of the doubt. Artemesia's reasons for giving them plausible deniability are sound but I wouldn't be surprised if it came to light that she has other reasons for the secrecy.

Reactions: bacienvu88

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
He does have some blind spots in his logic sometimes. "You've never seen the academy bathroom?" "No. It doesn't have an on-ramp." He also seems pretty oblivious to the fact that at present she is a terrifying mechanical endoskeleton and there is a very real possibility that if Riley just ran into her while she was trying to brush her teeth she might throw her through a couple of load-bearing walls before she had a chance to explain herself.

Not to be too much about it, but there is no chance that Valentina doesn't already know that robot Artemesia is clanking around. She doesn't seem bothered by it. Maybe the other girls should get the benefit of the doubt. Artemesia's reasons for giving them plausible deniability are sound but I wouldn't be surprised if it came to light that she has other reasons for the secrecy.
There's also the whole thing that, if the old japanese guy who seems to make most of the tech for supers/the academy finds out about Artemis fowl, she'll be scrapped and our protag jailed for grand larceny.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
There's also the whole thing that, if the old japanese guy who seems to make most of the tech for supers/the academy finds out about Artemis fowl, she'll be scrapped and our protag jailed for grand larceny.
Not if MC jails him first. :)

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I'd like to see that happen just for the entire second half of the game becoming a courtroom drama delving into who was really responsible for stealing the robot as it became a sentient being that walked away on its own. It would be further complicated by his android daughter sitting in the gallery watching the case and hearing about how when it is all said and done she is nothing more than her father's property. I think that Artemesia is worried that she'll be scrapped because it is the logical and rational thing to do when faced with a rogue AI in a killer robot body. She doesn't yet understand the human factor or how sentimental and squishy we can be. Look at the dumpster fire discourse over what is happening with the Replika chatbot. It is like an episode of dark mirror come to life.

Reactions: bacienvu88

uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
I'd like to see that happen just for the entire second half of the game becoming a courtroom drama delving into who was really responsible for stealing the robot as it became a sentient being that walked away on its own. It would be further complicated by his android daughter sitting in the gallery watching the case and hearing about how when it is all said and done she is nothing more than her father's property. I think that Artemesia is worried that she'll be scrapped because it is the logical and rational thing to do when faced with a rogue AI in a killer robot body. She doesn't yet understand the human factor or how sentimental and squishy we can be. Look at the dumpster fire discourse over what is happening with the Replika chatbot. It is like an episode of dark mirror come to life.
I was thinking the movie short circuit

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Let's not and say we didn't... :FacePalm:

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Yeah, we can be sentimental. We can also be paranoid of the unknown, especially when it comes to something like a literal rogue AI which the general public would probably associate with skynet-like consequences. She's also techically the good doctor/professor's property, both before the protag corrupted her systems and after so I don't think she'd be getting tried as a person.
Also, his daughter is an android?

flower77

Aug 20, 2021
An error, kind of stops the game, alas...

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/navigation.rpy", line 1539, in script
    jump riley_event_36
ScriptError: could not find label 'riley_event_36'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump riley_event_36
  File "C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\SuperheroesSuck-1.551public-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\SuperheroesSuck-1.551public-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Superheroes Suck 1.551public
Mon Jun 19 21:45:45 2023
Yeah, got the same error. You are using the shaddymod, am i right? the mod hasnt been updated to 1.551 yet, if you save the game, use the unmodded version and load your save there it will work!

Does someone know how to trigger the repeatable "pet play" that is in the changelog? I cant find it...

Last edited:

uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
Yeah, got the same error. You are using the shaddymod, am i right? the mod hasnt been updated to 1.551 yet, if you save the game, use the unmodded version and load your save there it will work!

Does someone know how to trigger the repeatable "pet play" that is in the changelog? I cant find it...
its on monday afternooons

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
*Captain America sits down on a chair for a PSA short*
"So. You thought the discussion about this update will be focused on Riley."

STNeish

Mar 20, 2020

Ah, I suspected it might be something like that. I'll try that, thanks!

maverick@79

Mar 4, 2019
when doing chrys's turbofightinh game i get
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
jump riley_event_36

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
jump riley_event_36
File "C:\Users\wowco\Desktop\SuperheroesSuck-1.551public-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\wowco\Desktop\SuperheroesSuck-1.551public-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Superheroes Suck 1.551public
Thu Jun 22 09:12:48 2023

heres my save so you can see

Reactions: Elos
4.10 star(s) 87 Votes