uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
doubt it.
think about that tho...control of the power means more power received...short of mrs P who has more control over their power than harshlight...and his power was light manipulation...seeing in the dark is light manipulation

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I'm on the cat-infiltration theory's side too and it could also explain why MC is so agile in the air during his training with Riley and Harper.
But at the same time he isn't really proficient with any of the active skills yet either. So far he only succeeded with the passive ones like the super strengths, darkvision and possible supercock. He can't even use the active part of Riley's ability. So it is still possible that he copied the darkvision from grandpa as well, he just doesn't know how to use any of the active components yet.
And, since the intro made it a point to mention how uneventful MC's life has been prior to the game, it is also possible that he had the darkvision for years, he just never noticed it.

Solace could still be toying with us in many ways.
IIRC he was able to both use TK and also riley's version of super strength when lifting weights. (when we determined that MC has multiple different sources of super strength helping him lift very heavy weights during bench press testing)

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
IIRC he was able to both use TK and also riley's version of super strength when lifting weights. (when we determined that MC has multiple different sources of super strength helping him lift very heavy weights during bench press testing)
Exactly right.
Those are what i was trying to refer to as passive components of their powers. MC lifts weights and Riley's power helps him lift more. MC reaches for a book and Harper's power reaches a bit further. But both of those girls can fly/levitate which is not just enhancing a normal human ability, but rather actively doing something new.
So it is possible that Harshlight's light manipulation passively helps to see in the dark and actively can be used to create shields.

think about that tho...control of the power means more power received...short of mrs P who has more control over their power than harshlight...and his power was light manipulation...seeing in the dark is light manipulation
I think in terms of raw control Harshlight might be up there or even higher than the Queen. MC copied his power immediately with a single handshake while the Queen took every non-creepy opportunity to touch him to test her theory.

natehale1971

Jul 7, 2021
That's very true, but that light shield is a big major power that would cost a lot of energy to use... but something like night vision is a much more passive power that wouldn't require such an energy drain. But i'm just using Superhero RPG physics for that theory. But if i'm wrong, so be it! :)

uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
Exactly right.
Those are what i was trying to refer to as passive components of their powers. MC lifts weights and Riley's power helps him lift more. MC reaches for a book and Harper's power reaches a bit further. But both of those girls can fly/levitate which is not just enhancing a normal human ability, but rather actively doing something new.
So it is possible that Harshlight's light manipulation passively helps to see in the dark and actively can be used to create shields.

I think in terms of raw control Harshlight might be up there or even higher than the Queen. MC copied his power immediately with a single handshake while the Queen took every non-creepy opportunity to touch him to test her theory.
also if you think about it he started to reform the shield when mrs P threw the bench at him...."Feel something just out of reach...something familiar"

Reactions: Jinsoyun

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
also if you think about it he started to reform the shield when mrs P threw the bench at him...."Feel something just out of reach...something familiar"
Well, the bench was familiar, but not out of reach for long... :D

But yeah, this is something i really like about the story: the copy-ability is a very common trope, but in most settings the person just sees and does. Here, MC could theoretically have access to about a dozen different skills all things considered but he just doesn't know how to use any of them, because each of them work in a different way and he has to understand the people behind the skills most of the time. This works well with the slice of life and investigation style instead of the straight action focus.

BTW, i personally think that if Missus P threw the bench at one of the girls, then MC would have succeeded in creating a shield. He tends to downplay or ignore the risks to himself, but never to others. Of course this would never have been tested because if things went wrong, MC could still take a bench to the face, but the other students couldn't.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Exactly right.
Those are not passive. They are active abilities which MC performs with poor control.

The fact they have better control over a power they had their entire life, compared to a power he partially copied just recently, is just natural.
You literally have to train with harper to help her regain her control due to her not using the power for so long.

Passive is always on.
Active is something you activate.
Active does not mean "do the same thing, but with more control" or "use the same active power in a novel manner that requires more control"

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
mc exhibited only once lightmaster's powers and that was early.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Superheroes Suck [v1.752 Public] [Solace]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - - -

Mac:
- - - -

Alikadam443

Nov 30, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/navigation.rpy", line 2755, in script call
    call screen library
  File "game/scripts/navigation.rpy", line 1026, in script call
    call screen bedroom_protagonist
  File "game/scripts/navigation.rpy", line 2688, in script call
    call screen academy_gym
  [Previous line repeated 2 more times]
  File "game/scripts/navigation.rpy", line 2261, in script call
    call screen academy_entrance
  File "game/scripts/hints.rpy", line 2, in script
    if prologue_completed <= 1:
  File "game/scripts/hints.rpy", line 98, in <module>
    elif hp_event_35 >= 1 and hp_event_36 <= 1:
NameError: name 'hp_event_36' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/navigation.rpy", line 2755, in script call
    call screen library
  File "game/scripts/navigation.rpy", line 2688, in script call
    call screen academy_gym
  [Previous line repeated 2 more times]
  File "game/scripts/navigation.rpy", line 2261, in script call
    call screen academy_entrance
  File "game/scripts/hints.rpy", line 2, in script
    if prologue_completed <= 1:
  File "C:\Users\AL Laith Group\Downloads\SuperheroesSuck-1.651public-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\AL Laith Group\Downloads\SuperheroesSuck-1.651public-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\AL Laith Group\Downloads\SuperheroesSuck-1.651public-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/hints.rpy", line 98, in <module>
    elif hp_event_35 >= 1 and hp_event_36 <= 1:
NameError: name 'hp_event_36' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Superheroes Suck 1.651public
Mon Jan 15 11:45:18 2024

what is this ???

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial Android port of Superheroes Suck v1.752public.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my Android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like Windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11+), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Blades4119

Jul 9, 2021
Solace
I have just downloaded and installed the latest Android version of the current update and have discovered several important initial images missing. This includes the first two splashscreens as well as MC's bedroom, 2nd floor hallway and the front of the Academy where the entrance to the gym, old classroom, stairs to the second floor and first floor hallway are.

The version number listed is v 1.752

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Solace

Jun 9, 2017
Solace
I have just downloaded and installed the latest Android version of the current update and have discovered several important initial images missing. This includes the first two splashscreens as well as MC's bedroom, 2nd floor hallway and the front of the Academy where the entrance to the gym, old classroom, stairs to the second floor and first floor hallway are.

Unfortunately, I am not the developer.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Solace

That bug has been fixed earlier today, at least on the official links provided for free on his patreon

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
I liked this patch, it was well rounded. A bit of setup, a bit of side content concluded, a new direction to a mystery continued.
There was a bit of funny dialogue that made me swear that it was directly written as a response to this thread. And i was not prepared to MC roasting Riley that hard. It was great. :D

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes