Knight of Solace

Developer of: Superheroes Suck!
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Will you be able to easily raise those stats later? As currently, affection and obedience can only be gained through story event conversations. And if we won't look ourselves out of content through those stats, I suppose it's gonna be something like x-stat giving you extra or different dialogue and maybe for progression reacquiring you to raise both stats to reach next event for example, rather than those stats representing sort of routes?
They will be easier to raise later. The plan is for flavor text, and to unlock certain scenes. You're not locked out of those scenes, however, since raising your stats will allow you to view them later on. I do have plans for them to affect the "ending" of the game, but that's so far in the future that I can't comment on how it will work. I haven't coded it yet!

Affection and obedience stats will also be visible when they come into effect. Right now I don't have them displayed anywhere because they're not active. I just have them in the game for when I do implement those features, that way there is minimal grind for people who have been playing update to update.

Reactions: ShaddyGames

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
My I ask if it's planned to interact with the PC in your room later? For example for FanMails or find some of Chyrs old files on it.
Yes. I do have plans for her computer, as well as the television and the other interactables in the protagonist's room. It's just been shoved all the way to the back of the line in terms of the development schedule. I'm not a very good artist, so it's difficult for me to get custom assets for things like web icons, pages, and etc. Coding it in with all the art would probably take a week with my current available time outside of my day job. It's a hard sell to my patrons. "Would you guys like a working computer or would you guys like the games first anal scene?" That also took a week.

My plan is to go back when I have enough H-scenes, maybe around fifty, with around three smooth animations in each. The overwhelming feedback after Riley's event is that the community wants fewer high-quality H-scenes as opposed to many single animation h-scenes. It takes longer to finish, but I also think it's better quality overall. Honestly, the whole early game of Superheroes Suck needs an update, it's just hard to find the time while also developing new content, especially since the old content doesn't have H-scenes in it.

Last edited:

RedRidingWolf

Jul 24, 2018
Yes. I do have plans for her computer, as well as the television and the other interactables in the protagonist's room. It's just been shoved all the way to the back of the line in terms of the development schedule. I'm not a very good artist, so it's difficult for me to get custom assets for things like web icons, pages, and etc. Coding it in with all the art would probably take a week with my current available time outside of my day job. It's a hard sell to my patrons. "Would you guys like a working computer or would you guys like the games first anal scene?" That also took a week.

My plan is to go back when I have enough H-scenes, maybe around fifty, with around three smooth animations in each. The overwhelming feedback after Riley's event is that the community wants fewer high-quality H-scenes as opposed to many single animation h-scenes. It takes longer to finish, but I also think it's better quality overall. Honestly, the whole early game of Superheroes Suck needs an update, it's just hard to find the time while also developing new content, especially since the old content doesn't have H-scenes in it.
In my opinion, do it like my IT-Teacher told me: "Divide and Conquer" So do an content update and then focus on a remake of the old stuff. You creat good content so your support should appreciate it. Well just my 2 Cent of thoughts here =)

Reactions: Knight of Solace

Mafra2111

Jul 7, 2018
Hello guys, I need help.

Whenever I try to load a save in this latest version of the game this error appears:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named matrix

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3510, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 946, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
renpy.load(fn)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 760, in load
roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Superheroes Suck 0.55public
Thu Sep 24 00:13:30 2020

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to solve it?

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Hello guys, I need help.

Whenever I try to load a save in this latest version of the game this error appears:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
$ ui.interact()
$ ui.interact()
renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3510, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 946, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
renpy.load(fn)
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 760, in load
roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
File "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Modelos Personalizados do Office\Games\SuperheroesSuck-0.55public-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Superheroes Suck 0.55public
Thu Sep 24 00:13:30 2020

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to solve it?
https://f95zone.to/threads/superheroes-suck-v0-55-solace.50772/post-3984697

Moleman111

Oct 15, 2019
I love the game, the girls are great especially Chrys, she's adorable, don't like her mother would have liked more options to stand up to her during the brunch. However I'm still a bit confused whether the MC has powers or not, at first I thought he might have telekenises, now not too sure I would like to see more exploration with that aspect of the game and character other than that great work :cool:

Reactions: Knight of Solace

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I love the game, the girls are great especially Chrys, she's adorable, don't like her mother would have liked more options to stand up to her during the brunch. However I'm still a bit confused whether the MC has powers or not, at first I thought he might have telekenises, now not too sure I would like to see more exploration with that aspect of the game and character other than that great work :cool:
He has the power of the grown wang and fawning women, his true title is seductor.

No one knows if he has powers or not, all we know is he had his dick grow and is good at sex. He thinks during that 1 exercise with Powell that he felt something, and when the car bounced a mentioning of a slight flash of light.

Known super powers.

Missus Powell: Super physicality. (Think She-hulk just without the green and rage)

Harper: Telekinetic. (Think Jean Grey without the psychic stuff)

Chrys: Phasing. (Think Kitty Pryde)

Valentina: Invisibility. (Think The Invisible Woman)

Riley: Flight and Super Strength. (Think Jessica Jones)

Lovestruck: Unknown. Has been shown to make vehicles move without power or fuel, can shock people, and control of MC's metal suit. So some mixture of electricity and magnetism I am guessing.

MC: Unknown. Had a penis growth spurt, went from being a loner to having a harem, all the women call his penis a super power. May be an anime protagonist. Also may have some form of other thing that deflected a car, and kept him from being beheaded by a bench. Plus weird dreams.

Sumire: Light skin cells on fire. (Think Roy Mustang) This is her Vs MC
Sweet Treat owner may have the power of great ice cream. So ice man if he became a snow cone expert.

Wolf1114

May 7, 2017
So, I'm getting this error when I go with Harper to the library, just when the "Annoying Journalist asks who you are:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm pretty sure it's just a typo in the code, but since I've never dealt with python, I can't be too sure.

bcrr

May 25, 2019
Interesting premise, still too early to have really formed an opinion. Had to take a second and comment on the power inheritance explanation though, if powers are carried on the X chromosome like Mrs. P mentioned in class, then it doesn't make sense for the MC to assume that his dad must have had powers. MC didn't get an X chromosome from his dad. A girl with superpowers would need to have a dad who had powers, but for a guy it wouldn't matter.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
So, I'm getting this error when I go with Harper to the library, just when the "Annoying Journalist asks who you are:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm pretty sure it's just a typo in the code, but since I've never dealt with python, I can't be too sure.
Normal or compressed version?

erkper

May 16, 2018
Interesting premise, still too early to have really formed an opinion. Had to take a second and comment on the power inheritance explanation though, if powers are carried on the X chromosome like Mrs. P mentioned in class, then it doesn't make sense for the MC to assume that his dad must have had powers. MC didn't get an X chromosome from his dad. A girl with superpowers would need to have a dad who had powers, but for a guy it wouldn't matter.
(Emphasis mine.) Not sure that's correct - if a girl gets two X chromosomes, she could have gotten an X with superpower genes from either parent, but a guy getting an X from mom and a Y from dad must have gotten the superpower genes from mom. But I do agree it makes little sense for MC to assume his dad had powers, for the reason you stated.

bcrr

May 25, 2019
(Emphasis mine.) Not sure that's correct - if a girl gets two X chromosomes, she could have gotten an X with superpower genes from either parent, but a guy getting an X from mom and a Y from dad must have gotten the superpower genes from mom. But I do agree it makes little sense for MC to assume his dad had powers, for the reason you stated.
The game said it was recessive, so a girl would need to get the super gene from both parents

mistr_ddist

Apr 22, 2018
The game said it was recessive, so a girl would need to get the super gene from both parents
But if the gene is found on the X but not the Y chromosome, there would be no dominant gene to cancel it out.

Colorblindness works the same way, genetically. It's stored on the X gene but not the Y, so men who inherit from their carrier mothers don't have the potential dominant to cancel it out.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Ah, recessive trait - I had forgotten she said that. But in that case, only a girl's dad needs have superpowers for her to inherit them. Her mother could be a recessive carrier with no powers who passed on the recessive gene. A boy could even have no parents with powers if the mom passed a recessive (in her) gene and dad obviously passed a Y and is irrelevant.

bcrr

May 25, 2019
But if the gene is found on the X but not the Y chromosome, there would be no dominant gene to cancel it out.

Colorblindness works the same way, genetically. It's stored on the X gene but not the Y, so men who inherit from their carrier mothers don't have the potential dominant to cancel it out.
Ah, recessive trait - I had forgotten she said that. But in that case, only a girl's dad needs have superpowers for her to inherit them. Her mother could be a recessive carrier with no powers who passed on the recessive gene. A boy could even have no parents with powers if the mom passed a recessive (in her) gene and dad obviously passed a Y and is irrelevant.
My original comment was just that the only way having powers would guarantee MC's dad has powers was if MC were female, bc only women would need to get the super gene from both parents, which is still true. My point was that MC assumes in game that his dad must have powers which isn't necessarily true.

Reactions: moskyx
4.10 star(s) 87 Votes