iroll1s

Jun 14, 2019
Yes, Valentina wasn't around to copy from, only Chrys was anywhere near.
That’s certainly true for a “copycat” whose ability is limited by range. Sorry for the confusion. Let me rephrase my previous thought: The MC unconsciously used part of Valentina's abilites by “tapping” into his pool of previously copied and thereafter stored powers. (I admit, this sounds incredibly forced. But it is still better than my other theory that the MC is a tulpa created by Harper).

Yes but that's if his power mimicry work like peter pretelli from Heroes, a possibility .
But i think it come from the affection the girls have for him.
it would explain his peek physical shape and transformation (from miss powel ) and the wall of light from harper.
Even the distance can come from victoria the dream girl.
The “wall of light” is my biggest pet peeve with the whole mimic theory. Harper is said to "feel" the things she moves. Like ...she reaches out to them? Sort of?
Hard light constructs and force fields are not usually associated with telekinesis. But then again, psychokinesis and psionics are the most common explanations for almost every powerset from atomic reconstruction to …zeta beams?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The problem with the power copy thing is he's also close to Riley so would be flying around or at least super strength considering both Powel and Riley have it plus phasing from Chrys.

So far the only actual power he's shown is night vision.

Nobody actually witnessed him saving Harper only that a shield appeared and he was near. Harper doesn't remember the event nor does he.

There are just too many theories and not enough facts.

The biggest problem for me is it's spending far too much time on what he can and can't do and not enough time on interesting stories involving evil supers...

For the first few updates the speculating was fun but it's dragging on a bit too much now and not enough actual story is happening. I'm far more invested in Riley ad her story going for full hero status. At least that would move on to something.

For me it's kinda moved backwards. We had the highway chase and the controlled car, we had catching of the supervillain and now we're back treading water still wondering just what use the MC is. This many updates and we've gone from nothing to "I can see in the dark .... FEAR ME EVIL DOERS THAT LIKE TO OPERATE IN LOW LIGHTING AREAS.

Reactions: travin213

Traitus

Aug 6, 2017
I think MC power is wish fullfilment for those around him.
The first time his powers manifest Harper was trying to stop the car from crushing MC and failing.
But then a supposedly bright barrier appears and save the day.
Then MC goes to the academy and magically his dick grows and muscle tone seems to improve.
This two changes can be Chrys and Valentina.
Remember, Valentina design the exercise to maximize MC growth and he keeps improving beyond what she calculate.
Ellie wanted someone that can lead and keep his little experiment together and thats exactly what MC does.
Riley wish was to stop his unhappy marriage and life adventures.

Thats my theory.

My previous theory was about improving the powers of those around him but doesn't explain the growth of his dick or the sudden muscle tone.

Kentavros

Mar 19, 2019
I don't understand why this is highly rated, the title is clickbait, the prologue before the school is almost pure waste, the dialogues written by someone too bored, and then the grind is completely basic, there is no superhero action. 0 points

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
I know right, I mean you just need to buy a car and drive it, no learning, no practice, no tests, just get in and go.

jackthetwat

Sep 5, 2017
The problem with the power copy thing is he's also close to Riley so would be flying around or at least super strength considering both Powel and Riley have it plus phasing from Chrys.

So far the only actual power he's shown is night vision.

Nobody actually witnessed him saving Harper only that a shield appeared and he was near. Harper doesn't remember the event nor does he.
To be fair if it wasn't for Chrys the MC wouldn't have known he was using night vision and it would still be a case of him having nothing confirmed. How many other times could he have tapped into an ability and not known what he was doing? His durability is far beyond the norm, his physical progress is literally impossible and he has, on more than one occasion "sensed" someone's presence when they were either invisible or making a silent approach. There are a huge number of "passive effects" that the MC seems to be using/has used without ever showing an "active" power beyond the "shield" the first time.

It could simply be the case that he can't use abilities he doesn't know he has because he has no clue how they work. So while he has the "passive" elements of the powers, he can't do anything more because he doesn't know how to do anything more.

The fact he hasn't flown around or used super strength doesn't mean he doesn't have those powers. Obviously, however, it is totally possible there is a different explanation as well.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
to be fair...gif
All i'm hearing is a loooot of reason why his power is Reactive Adaption/Evolution.
His body giving him the simplist fix for his problems.
Its not an active power, he can't just choose what he wants but has only subconscious control and it only pops up in times of extreme stress.

But I do agree with Avaron, the speculation was fun but the story does need to get going a bit, the worst part of superhero comics/shows is that nothing ever really changes/progresses. We have all the groundwork done now with this most recent update, lets get this train rollin! <3 you Solace!

Reactions: travin213

blackmetal

Nov 15, 2018
having a spot of difficulty with the 75 update after meeting chryss and her mother cant leave garage
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/navigation.rpy", line 873, in script call
    call screen bedroom_protagonist
  File "game/scripts/navigation.rpy", line 1664, in script
    menu:
  File "game/scripts/navigation.rpy", line 1665, in <module>
    "2nd Floor" if second_floor == True:
NameError: name 'second_floor' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/navigation.rpy", line 873, in script call
    call screen bedroom_protagonist
  File "game/scripts/navigation.rpy", line 1664, in script
    menu:
  File "E:\FLASH GAMES\SuperheroesSuck-0.65public-pc\SuperheroesSuck-0.75public-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "E:\FLASH GAMES\SuperheroesSuck-0.65public-pc\SuperheroesSuck-0.75public-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 956, in menu
    condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
  File "E:\FLASH GAMES\SuperheroesSuck-0.65public-pc\SuperheroesSuck-0.75public-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\FLASH GAMES\SuperheroesSuck-0.65public-pc\SuperheroesSuck-0.75public-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/navigation.rpy", line 1665, in <module>
    "2nd Floor" if second_floor == True:
NameError: name 'second_floor' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Superheroes Suck 0.75public
Wed Apr 14 09:48:11 2021

Knight of Solace

Developer of: Superheroes Suck!
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
View attachment 1141073
All i'm hearing is a loooot of reason why his power is Reactive Adaption/Evolution.
His body giving him the simplist fix for his problems.
Its not an active power, he can't just choose what he wants but has only subconscious control and it only pops up in times of extreme stress.

But I do agree with Avaron, the speculation was fun but the story does need to get going a bit, the worst part of superhero comics/shows is that nothing ever really changes/progresses. We have all the groundwork done now with this most recent update, lets get this train rollin! <3 you Solace!
I've mentioned this at the beginning of Version 0.75's development on my Patreon, but I'll add a little blurb here so everyone knows what's up. I'm also tagging you for the little heart, with love.

The reason I focused so much on the early game leading up to, and including Version 0.75, is because I wanted to improve the foundation of Superheroes Suck before going full steam ahead with the story's progression. Several new characters will be involved, and I needed time to develop my lighting set-up and other skills, like improving the character models. For Version 0.75, The major changes were in the code: where I put animations, the folder structure of the audio files, how I end events, how locations are labeled, etc. These are all things that no one notices until they stop working, but took around three weeks to bug-fix & implement.

I also added requested features with this time: a brighter Academy that was easier to navigate without turning up your monitor's brightness, a clear button showing you how to leave rooms instead of vague clicking all over the place, the removal of slideshow animations, and the schedule tracker near the first floor elevator. The redesign of the layout also took quite a bit of time, mostly because I had to go through and replace old backgrounds in hundreds of images, but after the character models having undergone so many updates, the environments looked so dated in comparison that I found it jarring.

The story changes to the introduction, along with improving the visuals and fixing some of the story's inconsistency early on, were essential for what I have planned while also addressing the pacing issues with Harper - her being the earliest female character in the game and suffering from quick, slideshow sex scenes due to my hardware limitations and inexperience at the time. I'm not saying what I changed it into is perfect, but I know that it's better. After all, it couldn't be much worse.

Now, with all of that out of the way, I'm left with just the current content and am intimately aware that Harper and Valentina are in desperate need of new events and that the only mainline story progression has been Riley being fucked in every room of the Academy. Okay, I know that was a weird point to leave the story, but trust me, it will all work out.

I have no further revision or replacement content planned, which means going forward, all events will be new content that either progress the main story or one of the romances. Or open up new romances.

Traitus

Aug 6, 2017
The first time it happened the car was going to crush Harper, he supposedly saved her.
Harper and MC talk about it later. The details are explained there. MC don't have any memory of stoping the car. He blackouts just before the impact.

blackmetal

Nov 15, 2018
I've mentioned this at the beginning of Version 0.75's development on my Patreon, but I'll add a little blurb here so everyone knows what's up. I'm also tagging you for the little heart, with love.

The reason I focused so much on the early game leading up to, and including Version 0.75, is because I wanted to improve the foundation of Superheroes Suck before going full steam ahead with the story's progression. Several new characters will be involved, and I needed time to develop my lighting set-up and other skills, like improving the character models. For Version 0.75, The major changes were in the code: where I put animations, the folder structure of the audio files, how I end events, how locations are labeled, etc. These are all things that no one notices until they stop working, but took around three weeks to bug-fix & implement.

I also added requested features with this time: a brighter Academy that was easier to navigate without turning up your monitor's brightness, a clear button showing you how to leave rooms instead of vague clicking all over the place, the removal of slideshow animations, and the schedule tracker near the first floor elevator. The redesign of the layout also took quite a bit of time, mostly because I had to go through and replace old backgrounds in hundreds of images, but after the character models having undergone so many updates, the environments looked so dated in comparison that I found it jarring.

The story changes to the introduction, along with improving the visuals and fixing some of the story's inconsistency early on, were essential for what I have planned while also addressing the pacing issues with Harper - her being the earliest female character in the game and suffering from quick, slideshow sex scenes due to my hardware limitations and inexperience at the time. I'm not saying what I changed it into is perfect, but I know that it's better. After all, it couldn't be much worse.

Now, with all of that out of the way, I'm left with just the current content and am intimately aware that Harper and Valentina are in desperate need of new events and that the only mainline story progression has been Riley being fucked in every room of the Academy. Okay, I know that was a weird point to leave the story, but trust me, it will all work out.

I have no further revision or replacement content planned, which means going forward, all events will be new content that either progress the main story or one of the romances. Or open up new romances.
what about the glitch in the garage i mentioned earlyer ??? how do i fix it ???

Last edited:

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
what about the glitch in the garage i mentioned earlyer ??? how do i fix it ???
Are you using one of the versions from my Patreon or the unofficial compressed / android / translated versions? Nothing wrong with playing one of those, I just call them unofficial because I didn't make them.

Missing variables and missing labels are often from one of the unofficial versions of the game. It has to do with how they are compiled. I can't fix those, because I don't know how they introduced the bug. I know that's not a glitch in the official version, because if I tried to launch the game with a missing variable or missing label, it would fail to start. You can also get bugs like this by switching versions - going between the official and unofficial releases with the same save file.

If you downloaded the official version, then private message me on Patreon and I will make sure your save is fixed. I don't do technical support on F95zone anymore. Everyone tells me that they have the "correct" version of the game, and I spend hours troubleshooting a problem that doesn't exist and that I can't really do anything about.

Edit: Let me explain why I can't do much about this a little better. If this were a bug that existed in the game, I would fix the broken line of code and then upload a fixed version of the game. That's why you all saw an early build version 75.4. The added digit is to denote what there was a hotfix implemented. I can't fix a missing label or variable because it's not actually missing. I can see it right now in the script. It doesn't matter if I make a patch - there was nothing wrong with the official version. I don't know what causes the unofficial versions to fail. I haven't done anything on my end to make that process any harder.

Last edited:

iroll1s

Jun 14, 2019
I'm far more invested in Riley and her story going for full hero status. At least that would move on to something.
Hopefully.
Frustratingly enough, apart from Harper she is the only one on the roster with a power-set that lends itself to a real shot at a successful solo career. Sorry Chrys and Valentina: phasing and invisibility make you the Hawkeye of the team.

Also …odd? Because her ambition to graduate from apprentice to full-fledged heroine seems to be an innate character trait and not just a kneejerk reaction. It doesn’t fit well with the previous transformation from “work hard, party hard” to “suburban housewife” (not a smart career move for a heroine with anger issues, but a nice setup for a limited comic run or a sitcom ...possibly starring Hannah Simone as Riley and Wil Forte as the clueless electronics store manager husband).

And at the heart of it, all the heroines in training have been stagnating for a long time, personally as well as professionally.

If this was a comic book, I’d blame an evil telepath (…usually a super intelligent gorilla or a nefarious brain suspended in a robotically roving jar). If this was a family show, I’d blame the protective parent, who’s troubled by her own abandonment issues like a dead mentor or an estranged daughter.

Okay, I know that was a weird point to leave the story, but trust me, it will all work out.
Like in that super successful superhero movie, when the quirky secret agent dies so the team finally has a reason to assemble to …retaliate! Curiously, that movie had a lot more dick swinging than yours, though.

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
Hopefully.
Frustratingly enough, apart from Harper she is the only one on the roster with a power-set that lends itself to a real shot at a successful solo career. Sorry Chrys and Valentina: phasing and invisibility make you the Hawkeye of the team.

Also …odd? Because her ambition to graduate from apprentice to full-fledged heroine seems to be an innate character trait and not just a kneejerk reaction. It doesn’t fit well with the previous transformation from “work hard, party hard” to “suburban housewife” (not a smart career move for a heroine with anger issues, but a nice setup for a limited comic run or a sitcom ...possibly starring Hannah Simone as Riley and Wil Forte as the clueless electronics store manager husband).

And at the heart of it, all the heroines in training have been stagnating for a long time, personally as well as professionally.

If this was a comic book, I’d blame an evil telepath (…usually a super intelligent gorilla or a nefarious brain suspended in a robotically roving jar). If this was a family show, I’d blame the protective parent, who’s troubled by her own abandonment issues like a dead mentor or an estranged daughter.

Like in that super successful superhero movie, when the quirky secret agent dies so the team finally has a reason to assemble to …retaliate! Curiously, that movie had a lot more dick swinging than yours, though.
Chrys can always train and become like Mirio from MHA

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Hey dev u may not remember me but did u manage to get back on hospital work?
I remember you.
No. My hospital went bankrupt. I'm promised my patron's that I'd spend Version 0.75 pumping out the changes so that we could move onto the new content in Version 0.80. I didn't have time to look for a job.

I'll probably start looking again next weekend.

Reactions: Zeruvex

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Hopefully.

Riley has had a very interesting arc, which actually hits at the reason the game is called, "Superheroes Suck." Yes, aside from the blowjob innuendo. And the fact it makes me laugh. Here's a truncated version.

For the girls, none of them suffer from any horrible past tragedies that define their outlooks. Rather, they are all suffering from very "mundane" difficulties: Riley was feeling lost, rushed to get married because that's what women her age do, and became even more unhappy than she was before. Harper is a child prodigy who never had the opportunity to interact with normal people and form regular relationships. Chrys developed a complex from her parent's divorce, and Valentina suffers from a lack of validation and fulfillment outside of what a competition can give her.

Some are more rare than others, but these are all normal problems that people have, but because they're superheroes, they've lost access to a support group that would help them overcome these issues. The Academy being in the middle of a forest on a mountain is to (clumsily, I will admit) demonstrate how isolated they are. Until the protagonist shows up. This is why so many of them make such a big deal about you just "being there."

Having superpowers is cool, and fighting villains is cool, but when I sat down to write my crappy fan-fiction game-thing, I wanted to emphasize that the most important thing about the protagonist is just that he's willing to put the time in. I didn't want the girls to swoon and fawn over him because he showed up able to bench press a bus or shoot dildos out of his eyes. I didn't want them to fall for him because of his powers. I wanted them to develop an interest, even just a curiosity, in this nobody from a convenience store because he is "normal." He has powers, yes, but he would have had a typical childhood, he has a boring job, and, most importantly, he has the ability to form ordinary relationships. That's something the girls have lost the ability to do because of the extraordinary career they immersed themselves in, and that's why Superheroes Suck.

Also the blowjobs.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 87 Votes