The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Holy Crap!
Josie and Miranda actually have slots in the Hints/progress section?!?!?!?!
HURRAAAAY!!!
Now we just need to find a way to get the mother and the daughter at the same time.... eventually. >.>;

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Not gonna lie, the writing in this game is absolutely stellar.
Not only are the characters written believably, but generally the entirety of the dialogue comes across as... well, something actual humans would say in most of those situations given the source material. It is surprisingly grounded in reality given that it deals with fucking superhumans and a sentient car. On that note, managing to make me care for something that by all means is nothing but an array of 1s and 0s on two axles, that isn't even strictly speaking alive is no small feat by itself.

The most interesting case however I feel lies within the MC himself and his alleged powers, as well as the massive amounts of hints the game drops throughout the entire story as to what they could actually relate to.
So far, what I could gather and theorize from was basically this (careful for anyone wishing to play through for the story, there's a reason this is spoilered!):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
I'm following the code to get the most points :). During that I discovered the following which is most likely a bug:

Code:
        "How am I supposed to concentrate?":
            $ cs_affection =+ 1
            scene bg 30_cs_event1_3 with dissolve
            cs "I think you're concentrating on the right things."
            jump chrys_event_30_a
The =+ resets the cs_affection back to 1 :-(

• Wow
Reactions: Steppenwolf

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
I absolutely dig this game, I don't know if I've ever played a game where it's been so hard to pick a best girl. Even Artemisia is in the running and she's a god damn car. I was also super happy when Josie got added to the hint list, what a fucking cutie love those braces! :love:

Like all sandbox games though there is the whole not following the order of the plot thing so I had to backtrack a bit to make things make sense story wise (big one being talking to Harper in the gym before Riley moved back in and having that spoiled, also the rafter being named Timmy) but it's not a huge deal. One thing that does feel weird I guess would be the right word is the order of events happening I guess? Like for Valentina for example, she jerks MC off says she isn't some dull maiden or something to that effect which makes me believe she's been romantically involved before (which is fine not all LIs need to be virgins) but then after that on your first date she acts like she's never been with a man in her life so I'm confused about that and she isn't the only one either, it's like the events or the wording is out of place or maybe I'm just dumb. Anyway dig the game, can't wait to see more love the subtle hints to things like Chrys needing all that makeup then seeing her at the bookstore and barely being able to makeout that she doesn't have a tattoo that's some top tier shit you don't see in most games. Keep it up dev you're doing great!

Edit: Also I forgot this part: Ellie mentions during training that it'll be your team (I'm assuming the girls will be your team) as far as I know for the first time, I didn't skip any text and that's the first time I had heard anything about the team being yours but there's no reaction from the MC it's just glossed over and then they train. Is it possible I missed something or what because that seems like a pretty large plot point.

Last edited:

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
I absolutely dig this game, I don't know if I've ever played a game where it's been so hard to pick a best girl. Even Artemisia is in the running and she's a god damn car. I was also super happy when Josie got added to the hint list, what a fucking cutie love those braces! :love:

Like all sandbox games though there is the whole not following the order of the plot thing so I had to backtrack a bit to make things make sense story wise (big one being talking to Harper in the gym before Riley moved back in and having that spoiled, also the rafter being named Timmy) but it's not a huge deal. One thing that does feel weird I guess would be the right word is the order of events happening I guess? Like for Valentina for example, she jerks MC off says she isn't some dull maiden or something to that effect which makes me believe she's been romantically involved before (which is fine not all LIs need to be virgins) but then after that on your first date she acts like she's never been with a man in her life so I'm confused about that and she isn't the only one either, it's like the events or the wording is out of place or maybe I'm just dumb. Anyway dig the game, can't wait to see more love the subtle hints to things like Chrys needing all that makeup then seeing her at the bookstore and barely being able to makeout that she doesn't have a tattoo that's some top tier shit you don't see in most games. Keep it up dev you're doing great!

Edit: Also I forgot this part: Ellie mentions during training that it'll be your team (I'm assuming the girls will be your team) as far as I know for the first time, I didn't skip any text and that's the first time I had heard anything about the team being yours but there's no reaction from the MC it's just glossed over and then they train. Is it possible I missed something or what because that seems like a pretty large plot point.
I more than agree about the sandbox format. I really can't see why such a wonderful, complex story is told via a sandbox style. Perhaps it's so fussy players can focus on their favourite LI. Like you I really like all the girls (and yes that includes Artemisia!) and I love the fact that they are all relatively cool with the harem - no sneaking around like a scumbag, but I guess many players are a bit more choosy.

Anyway, props to Solace for keeping the anachronisms as few as they are, given the amount and complexity of the content. Looking forward to the next update.

Reactions: JonTommy

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
it says im supposed to check on keegan but i cant really do anything
what am i supposed to do?
For some of these you must progress further in the game first. For example have lecture_12 or lecture_14. For me this meant fast forwarding two whole weeks before I could actually go to detective Keegan. If you can read code, check hints.rpy for the conditions...

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
I more than agree about the sandbox format. I really can't see why such a wonderful, complex story is told via a sandbox style. Perhaps it's so fussy players can focus on their favourite LI. Like you I really like all the girls (and yes that includes Artemisia!) and I love the fact that they are all relatively cool with the harem - no sneaking around like a scumbag, but I guess many players are a bit more choosy.

Anyway, props to Solace for keeping the anachronisms as few as they are, given the amount and complexity of the content. Looking forward to the next update.
Yea I feel like the game would be better if it was just a straight VN with choices rather than sandbox but I'll take what I can get really. I just hate when events are out of order because it spoils things or just makes no sense, and seeing as how the MC will eventually be with the girls on the team because they are all for the harem I don't see why anyone would want to skip them especially since they are all great.

Oh well, still can't wait to see how it develops.

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
How is it annoying to point out that a story focused game suffers from sandbox? If there's one thing I love doing its clicking the time skip button or sleeping for days just to advance the plot! :rolleyes:

• Angry
Reactions: Allan Trumbull

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Sandbox is better
VN fans are annoying as always
Imagine that this forum has total 10 games, 8 will be VNs. Why not playing those VN"s rather than complaining about S.B. i can't understand VN fans. Tired of them
Sorry to annoy you :devilish: Can't speak for anyone else but I love sandbox games. My point is that in sandbox games like Stranded Dick, Bright Past, Callisto and MBFD, while there may be a story, the game is not story driven. In each of these games, the sandbox adds something to it - an extensive, detailed world to explore, an intricate puzzle to be solved or assets to acquire.

It's just that in this particular game, I can't really see what the sandbox adds. And the story, which for me is its greatest strength, would be more immersive without the occasional anachronism caused by playing scenes out of order.

exile0025

Apr 3, 2018
For some of these you must progress further in the game first. For example have lecture_12 or lecture_14. For me this meant fast forwarding two whole weeks before I could actually go to detective Keegan. If you can read code, check hints.rpy for the conditions...
this is what it says in hints

$ cs_hint = "I should check on Detective Keegan."
elif cs_event_30 >= 1 and cs_event_31 <= 1:

i think im supposed to do something with chrys but cant figure out what

4.10 star(s) 88 Votes