ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Also weird fucking theory...hear me out lads and lassies:

What if Nyx and Ella are related, like both girls give off a similar vibe and its near uncanny. Now yes there is a massive age gap between the 2 but they could be distant relatives (or hell Nyx could be her damn grandma or great grandma...now that'd be a funny thought).

necromater

Aug 21, 2018

What if Nyx and Ella are related, like both girls give off a similar vibe and its near uncanny. Now yes there is a massive age gap between the 2 but they could be distant relatives (or hell Nyx could be her damn grandma or great grandma...now that'd be a funny thought).
Nope. They just have similar personalities buttttttttttt....... she could be MC monster relative the taking to the death is kind of a flag XD well shit if the 3 and 4 are twins man this family line is a mess XD the inbreeding doesn't help Lol

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021

I had a similar thought when I first voiced the Nyx and Ella connection in the previous update. Ella's behavior during her appearence is a bit odd, and for some reason it stuck in my mind that her surname being "Elis" was a foreshadowing.

On another note, just to understand how karmic my MC's relationship is with Nyx, my MC's name is Eli. So Nyx is Eli's...!

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018

You'll be surprised that this theory isn't weird or uncommon. I believe I said something similar when she first appeared in game. Add that we found out Nyx was an orphan too and it's easy for her family line to be lost, it wouldn't be too shocking at all.

Nyx is 82 years old. Ella is 21, possibly 22 now. That's like 3 Generations worth of time between them. We also know Nyx had a husband before they were murdered similarly to Alaric. Even if Ella isn't her own Great Grandchild, she could still be a descendant of one of Nyx's relatives. We won't know because Nyx is an orphan and likely still don't know her family or care since 60 to 70 years have passed at this point.

Lupusnox

Jul 26, 2023

Nyx also had an husband once, she says so after Alaric's death.While she never said something about a child of hers they could be blood relatives.
They look rather similar and are similar in personality.There also is a genetic component for surviving the superhuman transformation.

That is a really crazy theory but also a really fun one...maybe we could get an aunt and niece threesome or an grandmother granddaughter threesome in the future

Lupusnox

Jul 26, 2023
I had a similar thought when I first voiced the Nyx and Ella connection in the previous update. Ella's behavior during her appearence is a bit odd, and for some reason it stuck in my mind that her surname being "Elis" was a foreshadowing.

On another note, just to understand how karmic my MC's relationship is with Nyx, my MC's name is Eli. So Nyx is Eli's...!
I named my MC Nox and now Nyx talks about Nox and Nox talks about Nyx XD

I guess my MC will have to fight her for that name^^

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Since we were on the topic of Ella and Nyx, I'm not sure if someone mentioned this, but I feel like an idiot for missing it and instead going on to speculate on the mechanics of Nyx's powers and how a dead shapeshifter should behave.

I thought that Ella dropping to her knees was a smokescreen. Ella knows how Nyx's powers work, so she baited her and somehow survived. But it's probably much simpler than that.

It was the moment Nyx marked Ella.

Ella probably understood what happened at this point since she is familiar with Nyx's monster and it's probably what she used on Christie and Emily, so it's possible that whatever split second decision she made was to her advantage. She could try to flee, or "fake" (not really) her death, trusting that this is not the end.

I never really paid much attention to the dialogue. The way this works is that Nyx just raises her hand and her target feels a heavy pain on his chest. She doesn't need to touch the target.

"Nyx raises her hand, and a burning sensation assaults my torso."
"Slowly, leaving a trail of bright green flame, a black mark is burned into my skin, a strange pattern, like a rune or a character from a foreign language."
"It carries a heavy weight, a pressure that makes me feel like my torso is being crushed and compressed. But after a few moments, it disappears and I feel normal again."
I mean.. it was right there from the beginning, how did I miss it.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessNights

Lupusnox

Jul 26, 2023
That would mean Ella is between life and death for the moment? Basically Ella's body is dead and protected by Nyx's necrotic energy but her(Ella's) soul is still there because of Nyx mark and Nyx can force her soul back in the body whenever she wants?

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Since we were on the topic of Ella and Nyx, I'm not sure if someone mentioned this, but I feel like an idiot for missing it and instead going on to speculate on the mechanics of Nyx's powers and how a dead shapeshifter should behave.

I thought that Ella dropping to her knees was a smokescreen. Ella knows how Nyx's powers work, so she baited her and somehow survived. But it's probably much simpler than that.

It was the moment Nyx marked Ella.

I never really paid much attention to the dialogue. The way this works is that Nyx just raises her hand and her target feels a heavy pain on his chest. She doesn't need to touch the target.

I mean.. it was right there from the beginning, how did I miss it.
Already mentioned and it was likely Ella's activating when Nyx comes in close proximity. Ella tells the Reaper Members she has a few monsters of Nyx's laying around in there. She likely set her's to activate if Nyx ever came too close to her.

If you're worried about the color part, that's more proof and also not a problem in it. Since Hex is Green yet Nico is Cyan/Blue, or Ella is red while the 3rd is Dark Blue/Purple.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gtdead

Lupusnox

Jul 26, 2023
Already mentioned and it was likely Ella's activating when Nyx comes in close proximity. Ella tells the Reaper Members she has a few monsters of Nyx's laying around in there. She likely set her's to activate if Nyx ever came too close to her.

If you're worried about the color part, that's more proof and also not a problem in it. Since Hex is Green yet Nico is Cyan/Blue, or Ella is red while the 3rd is Dark Blue/Purple.
So who do you think is the traitor? You don't think it is Nyx if I understand you correctly(please correct me if I am wrong).

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
That would mean Ella is between life and death for the moment? Basically Ella's body is dead and protected by Nyx's necrotic energy but her(Ella's) soul is still there because of Nyx mark and Nyx can force her soul back in the body whenever she wants?
That would depend on how the mark works exactly and the mechanics of this world, but the main assumption is that Ella for all intents and purposes is dead and Nyx has the capacity to ressurect her.

I think the theory you are describing is a bit different than mine. I think that Ella was truthful in her letter to her friends and wasn't marked at any point during the battle. When Nyx enters the fray, she first marks her (pain forcing her to drop on her knees), and then kills her. So Ella is dead but marked by Nyx.

Could you elaborate a bit?

Reactions: Lupusnox

devilsdetails

Jun 18, 2018
Wth, this thread is crazy lol.
I do have a question, since I haven't stacked up much corruption, or at least I don't think so.

this may spoil the ppl who haven't played ver. 096

1st, when we do the mssion for "HERO"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I just want to know if it has an impact on our relationship with Nyx. I wouldn't want to miss the chance to "romance" her. I just hope she will follow "the opposites attract" trope lol. Since I didn't raise my corruption (and she seems to be adament on it) or maybe I did without noticing. Do sleeping without the helmet adds 1 pt in corruption everytime or every 2/3 time you do or so?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I just want to know if the guys who have more corruption or others stats saw smt or had a different dialogue with her.

My theory is that she saw/sensed the monster or being we saw when peering into blondie's memory during her evolution.

ps ; I'm on my 3 evo, I think that's the min/max idk. I try to be a "hero" I just killed and absorbed, or whatever those tentacles do, the scums who deserved it lol

What's the highest evolution you can have?

Thanks to anyone who answer my question.
1. So far Nyx's relationship variable is only tracked once and that's if you ask her age when you first meet her. (it goes +1). There are no other relationship things with her yet. Though since how well you do the langdon infiltration is tracked it may come up later if you mess it up.

2. Corruption's changes are mostly cosmetic at the moment. You pick up more of what monsters say and if you've devoured people like Jake or Danica, they seem to talk to you in your head at certain moments.

3. Evolutions are big story moments, not something that changes based on how you play. Your third evo is the latest so far but story wise it goes up to 5

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
That would depend on how the mark works exactly and the mechanics of this world, but the main assumption is that Ella for all intents and purposes is dead and Nyx has the capacity to ressurect her.

I think the theory you are describing is a bit different than mine. I think that Ella was truthful in her letter to her friends and wasn't marked at any point during the battle. When Nyx enters the fray, she first marks her (pain forcing her to drop on her knees), and then kills her. So Ella is dead but marked by Nyx.

Could you elaborate a bit?
Her letter predates the fight by month(s). We also know Nyx's power is green, not red. Which is why it's more likely that a monster from her line set it up for Ella as a back up. You have to remember that Ella prepped for everyone before they invaded. She set up monsters that directly counters Malik and built a body to specifically counter Nico from beating her. It's highly possible she gathered several of Nyx's monsters for that specific reason to counter her.

Lupusnox

Jul 26, 2023
Either Nyx's resurrection powers work with souls(do they even exist in this universe?) or she uses a memory or echo(Nyx can speak with the "echo" of dead people so I guess the echo or memory is more important) of the dead to resurrect them right? But that wouldn't explain why she can't save her Lieutenant. Maybe Ella warped reality too much and now there is no chance that he could be anything but a tree?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gtdead

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Either Nyx's resurrection powers work with souls(do they even exist in this universe?) or she uses a memory or echo(Nyx can speak with the "echo" of dead people so I guess the echo or memory is more important) of the dead to resurrect them right? But that wouldn't explain why she can't save her Lieutenant. Maybe Ella warped reality too much and now there is no chance that he could be anything but a tree?
From Mc's dialogue with Nyx it seems he is stuck because he doesn't have a working brain anymore i guess he needs one for his power to overcome Ella's trasnformation by himself, i understood his situation as:
Ella changed his DNA to be a tree, so even if he is revived he will come back the same way.

Reactions: Lupusnox

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Soo... ranking and shitposting aside...
Can we agree on something ?

That new scene with Emiliy (before the fucking, specifically).
She's absolutely dead-fucking-gorgeous, right ?
I mean, seriously. I stared at that scene for quite a few minutes. I changed my pfp for a reason.

Holy flying fuck.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes