Juan96

Mar 11, 2024
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I just hope that the MC's son with Aglaecwif doesn't try to kill his father, it would be very annoying for the MC to be forced to kill his own son, I want the human race to be able to reach a middle ground in terms of being able to coexist with monsters in the future. Humanity's survival does not need to be achieved at the cost of exterminating monsters.

Last edited:

Juan96

Mar 11, 2024
I just hope that this MC's son with Aglaecwif doesn't try to kill his father, it would be very annoying for the MC to be forced to kill his own son, I want the human race to be able to reach a middle ground in relation to being able to coexist with monsters in the future. The survival of humanity does not need to be achieved at the cost of exterminating monsters.
Which is not to say that I like the way Sin does things, I believe that they are in no way living with the monsters in any real way and seem more like slaves in their service than true partners (even if Sin thinks he is in the control), but there must be a way to create a true alliance with them, even if it is not with the entire race and is only with a moderate group of that race.

Drex

Nov 22, 2017
Might be able to survive in space once we reach level 4 but at this point we'll probably just freeze to death, deep sea should be possible tho. Doubt the mc can't cook up some new fish form to do that now.
Well I think he could go in the sea as before he literally turn himself into a giant spear ballistia so I think making some gills and a new fish form would be pretty easily in comparison.

Juan96

Mar 11, 2024
Which is not to say that I like the way Sin does things, I believe that they are in no way living with the monsters in any real way and seem more like slaves in their service than true partners (even if Sin thinks he is in the control), but there must be a way to create a true alliance with them, even if it is not with the entire race and is only with a moderate group of that race.
But speaking of MC and Aglaecwif, what will their son's race and appearance be? It would be strange if his son had a strange appearance like most monsters do. But seeing Aglaecwif's excitement about getting pregnant with MC, I'm sure their child will be very powerful, Aglaecwif wouldn't be so excited if that wasn't the case.

Reactions: Viniuchi

FakeTemplar

May 9, 2023
I like Deryl, he says shit and he can back it up, that's the best kind of asshole out there lol. But seriously, despite his massive ego he's not an asshole imo, maybe with his words but he never treat someone bad, he learned with his past and is ashamed of what he did to MC and Amber. (Unless you count both the times where he had Jake's half order inside his head, or when he was a monster, but there is no sense using these arguments as they weren't truly Deryl) and blah blah blah I probably said what someone said weeks ago when this argument happened again I dunno.

TL;DR - Deryl glaze fuck it.

Juan96

Mar 11, 2024
I'm playing from the beginning again and I'm at the part where I question Liz's sponsor's secretary to find out the location of his hiding place, I promised her that she didn't need to worry because she would receive enough money to help her daughter, if I killed him she would stay without the money or would the MC find another way to fulfill his promise?

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
I'm playing from the beginning again and I'm at the part where I question Liz's sponsor's secretary to find out the location of his hiding place, I promised her that she didn't need to worry because she would receive enough money to help her daughter, if I killed him she would stay without the money or would the MC find another way to fulfill his promise?
I don't think the game ever clarifies how or if she'd be taken care of. It might just be something you say that never happens, idk. But I mean given the things she was complicit in, that stuff had to end regardless of whether she ended up taken care of or not.

Gambit588

Feb 26, 2024
The point of any story is to engage the viewer (or "player" in this case), that WW has created a character that makes you feel this strongly about a character is a testament to his skill in telling a story that is engaging without making Deryl an over the top 2-dimensional asshole that doesn't actually contribute anything to the story except being a tiresome distraction.

Deryl is a believable asshole, a total egocentric shitheel but he supports his friends when it counts (so far) in spite of that.
And if that were the case I would be fine with it. It isn't. Hell even in Jake's case, his actions are somewhat understandable. I don't agree with them, but it does fit his character. It is why my mc let him live.

But there is something disjointed with Deryl, WW, missed the mark badly, considering so many people hate his character. I have no issues with controversial characters as long as they are written well, Deryl isn't. Characters good or bad, are supposed to help the story, example: Cole, the little shit deserves to die, but he does have a place in the story, remove Deryl? And nothing is lost. Hell, his brother is a more complex character than Deryl. Or Jordan, either of those two would have fit the best friend role far better than Deryl.

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
And if that were the case I would be fine with it. It isn't. Hell even in Jake's case, his actions are somewhat understandable. I don't agree with them, but it does fit his character. It is why my mc let him live.

But there is something disjointed with Deryl, WW, missed the mark badly, considering so many people hate his character. I have no issues with controversial characters as long as they are written well, Deryl isn't. Characters good or bad, are supposed to help the story, example: Cole, the little shit deserves to die, but he does have a place in the story, remove Deryl? And nothing is lost. Hell, his brother is a more complex character than Deryl. Or Jordan, either of those two would have fit the best friend role far better than Deryl.
The main thing I got from your message is that you have a very shallow understanding of story and character writing. Not to mention the fact that he is much more complex than you give him credit for, Deryl also builds up MC's character and relationships with other characters much better than any other character would. Yes, he was and is an asshole, but it makes sense why and it helps the story in both present and past.

Reactions: Viniuchi

Grimnir098

Jan 27, 2021

What the fuck are you talking about?
How is Daryl more complex than Deryl?
How would nothing be lost if Deryl was removed from the story? Deryl was the impetus for the cheerleader side route. Deryl spiced up the Jake fight. Deryl leaked the MC's secret identity. The MC probably wouldn't be doing anything interesting during the Battle of the Diamond. Deryl is the reason the MC reached level 3. Possibly more I'm not forgetting.
Not to mention, the story isn't over yet. Who knows what Deryl will do in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if he figured out how to create Xanthe's evolution serum and started producing it for the MC and the gang.

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Maan I have been stalking this thread for the last week even though I knew the update would be for minimum the 29th lol

Oh I see you're a Lloyd enjoyer Grimnir098
I put that on pause at some point, is the ride still enjoyable? or did the qualiry drop?

THX

adanu

Mar 28, 2020
Respectfully disagree. The guy is a self entitled jerk. At every step of the way, his role could have been fulfilled by mia(smarter), Michael (more dependable). The guy brings nothing to the story except being a weakpoint in mc life, that his enemies exploit, because genius Deryl goes from one fuck up to the next, while the mc has to clean up his messes.

But the thing that really ruins his character is the forced friendship. Wish you could tell the cunt to fuck off at the begining of the game and have no further interaction with him.
This is not respectfully disagreeing, this is a veiled passive aggressive tantrum that has no bearing on the reality of their relationship.

You are wrong. It's as simple as that.

Gambit33

Apr 10, 2023
What the fuck are you talking about?
How is Daryl more complex than Deryl?
How would nothing be lost if Deryl was removed from the story? Deryl was the impetus for the cheerleader side route. Deryl spiced up the Jake fight. Deryl leaked the MC's secret identity. The MC probably wouldn't be doing anything interesting during the Battle of the Diamond. Deryl is the reason the MC reached level 3. Possibly more I'm not forgetting.
Not to mention, the story isn't over yet. Who knows what Deryl will do in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if he figured out how to create Xanthe's evolution serum and started producing it for the MC and the gang.
Yeah I call bullshit on that. Anyone could have been the impetus for the cheerleader side route.

By "spiced up" you mean needlessly complicated the Jake fight, and even after he breaks free of the mind control he still tries to kill the mc for shits and giggles. And we as the player are forced to brush off that clusterfuck as some form of friendship building exercise instead of killing the shithead and ridding us of the annoyance.

All the rest other characters could easily replace Deryl and nothing would be lost.

As for the battle of the diamond? Oh look another fucking example of Deryl fucking up, as always, and the mc having to clean up his mess.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes