DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Is it good to gain corruption points or no?
It's going to get changed in the 1.0 release so it doesn't matter at the moment. If you're fiending for more lore and stuff, you can do a side corruption route.

It lets you understand some of the monster language. You get to see certain scenes and learn information that you wouldn't otherwise. Like making the Minyak submit via the connection to your Apostle. Using Ella's shrinking ability on the HERO scientist and Liz kidnappers. Then there's the fact that the MC houses the memories of those he devours in a mental space. Something that saves Bailey for the future. There's a bunch of other, mostly minor, things.

If I remember correctly, you only really need to shoot for around 30 Corruption Points to see all of the corruption scenes in game. In the 40s or higher, you get locked from some scenes.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
I think it's relevant to point out that originally some scenes had lower values for corruption checks, meaning that it was easier to be locked out of some choices, Amber and Mom hug in this case. However the values were increased later, so effectively it became less punishing to make corruption runs as long as you don't strive for all possible corruption points.
My save has a single corruption point (Bailey) but i think we won't need such low values at all even in 1.0 since WW is making the checks "easier".
In short you can get some corruption if you want and still get all content.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I think it's relevant to point out that originally some scenes had lower values for corruption checks, meaning that it was easier to be locked out of some choices, Amber and Mom hug in this case. However the values were increased later, so effectively it became less punishing to make corruption runs as long as you don't strive for all possible corruption points.
My save has a single corruption point (Bailey) but i think we won't need such low values at all even in 1.0 since WW is making the checks "easier".
I mean, the ballpark is 40 and above Corruption now to get locked out. It's not really relevant to say it got increased when I already gave him the current increased amount to get locked out. It's redundant information.

Reactions: SquallofNight
May 9, 2019
Wait, so corruption makes you sociopathic and locks you out of romance?

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Kinda on the sociopathic part but you can basically still romance whoever you want just locks certain interactions mostly kind or wholesome things.
Technically it's more like psychopathic tendencies. Still not full-on psychopath as he has emotions but they get dull and more subtle so some kind of tendencies but whatever

Reactions: SquallofNight

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Wait, so corruption makes you sociopathic and locks you out of romance?
As people already mentioned not really, i can't talk about the sociopathic part of the question (i never made a high corruption run) but as far as i can understand Mc's emotions are more dulled and he cares a lot less about people in general, even if he still protects those close to him. In terms of romance it's also not the case since romance routes are still acessible (even if i remember correctly high corruption allows you to kill Demi).
What i meant was literally "options", in both cases Amber and Mom have interactions where you don't have acess to an option because of high corruption, i don't know if 1.0 will have what you said in your question (makes you sociopathic and locks you out of romance) but i doubt, since the tendency for now is to make corruption checks "easier" to pass.

StormHowl

Jan 14, 2023
she probably wasn't the one that killed you in that dead ending.
Yes, something else kills the MC, but it isn't revealed what kills him and why. If I had guess it's something to do with the accident with his Mom which the MC doesn't remember and she is the key to all the confusing dead ends. My conclusion in all this confusion is that MC himself wasn't fully human before he got those powers from Ella, which leads me to believe he has other powers, other than powers he currently has...I could be wrong in all this, just my theory

4.80 star(s) 372 Votes