vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Jared's weapon didn't even pierce our MC's skin. I wish he evolves into a Level 2 and gets cocky about it before deciding to fight our MC, only for him to get beaten to a pulp.
Wonder if he'll try to come on to MC during that upcoming infiltration mission... We're supposed to use some girls identity...
Luring him to the toilets and flushing him a few times before devouring him seems a nice bonus.... ;)

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Wonder if he'll try to come on to MC during that upcoming infiltration mission... We're supposed to use some girls identity...
Luring him to the toilets and flushing him a few times before devouring him seems a nice bonus.... ;)
Or we could turn him into the toilet so he will become useful to society. MC needs to train his transformation abilities harder.

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Jared's weapon didn't even pierce our MC's skin. I wish he evolves into a Level 2 and gets cocky about it before deciding to fight our MC, only for him to get beaten to a pulp.
Hope he gets monsterfied after failing an evolution. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Reactions: Blizzard99

Farajure

Jul 26, 2021
You have to try asking more questions or you can only get 36
I edited the save to get corruption above 26, then i got to the interaction with the eye and tried:
It's still true -> Power -> I Have more questions -> Yes
An still end up to dead end 36
I even tried:
editing corruption-> saving-> restarting the game -> loading -> doing as above
And got again dead end 36. At this point if someone could upload a save at the beginning of Dead end 37 I would be really grateful

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Hey guys, need some help. No matter what options I choose, Laurie dies nonetheless, I followed the walkthrough and should have saved her, but she dies no matter, is there a specific choice combination we need to take? If so what is it? I tried all the choices but she dies regardless. Not sure if I am doing something wrong :unsure:
Did you try turning the game on and off again?

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
We know that monsterification gives a powerboost as showcased during the Klaus fight.

So Deryl the moment he evolves and monsterifies, he is equivalent to an advanced level 2.
Monster Deryl then uses his unique skill to gain a significant powerboost. It's quite possible that he becomes the equivalent of a late level 3, but MC is still able to beat him since he in the "post-evolution trance" and he can also use the memory powers effectively against him due to their shared past.

Since he de-monsterifies, and considering that he is able to demonstrate that the parts he created still exist within him, I think it's fair to say that he reverted to a state that is similar to a new level 3.

The question is if he can still be classified as a superhuman, or he is a human looking monster. Monsters don't evolve like superhumans do, so if he isn't a superhuman, the best way to classify him would probably be Class B with the potential to improve thanks to his unique power.

If he is a superhuman, I think it's fair to say that he is level 3.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Well, Deryl himself is somewhat confusing about it, but he evolved after your second fight with him and again after your third. Infection + 2 evolutions means third...
Yeah does monsterifcation count? Clone Deryl was level 1 and it was the other Deryls joining him right?

It's definitely not clear

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Yeah does monsterifcation count? Clone Deryl was level 1 and it was the other Deryls joining him right?

It's definitely not clear
Monsterfication by itself doesn't mean anything, it often happens during evolutions, but it can happen on infection or at any point really... There's higher chance for it at infection and evolutions though... But monster contact or even with dead monsters or some objects can cause it...

Either way Deryl wasn't originally infected by the Rebis but one of his heritage/bloodline, but the Rebis brought him back to life in a sort of mix between an evolution and a resurrection... The Rebis isn't one of the Apostles (as far we know) but he's sort of a selfmade alchemical construct equivalent to the Apostles... I'm curious if the Rebis wil speak to Deryl in his next evolution, with the many monsters he used to rebuild himself it would be very crowded if all Apostles started talking to him next time... The Rebis didn't follow the usual ruleset either, so it's hard to guess the logic behind Deryl's evolutions...

Reactions: AnonymousMouse

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
The question is if he can still be classified as a superhuman, or he is a human looking monster. Monsters don't evolve like superhumans do
A remember a dialogue during Alice fight against one of the Chimeras that monsters don't evolve like superhumans at all, the library says that they can grow using some very rare relics (relics that look like body parts, curious that Ella was looking for things like that right ? :unsure:)

Reactions: 808DUDA808

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
A remember a dialogue during Alice fight against one of the Chimeras that monsters don't evolve like superhumans at all, the library says that they can grow using some very rare relics (relics that look like body parts, curious that Ella was looking for things like that right ? :unsure:)
Right and there's a high possibility we have already encountered two of them. A bone finger in Alice's house (the seller was probably the Shopkeep), and another that Shadow gave to MC.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
We know that monsterification gives a powerboost as showcased during the Klaus fight.

So Deryl the moment he evolves and monsterifies, he is equivalent to an advanced level 2.
Monster Deryl then uses his unique skill to gain a significant powerboost. It's quite possible that he becomes the equivalent of a late level 3, but MC is still able to beat him since he in the "post-evolution trance" and he can also use the memory powers effectively against him due to their shared past.

Since he de-monsterifies, and considering that he is able to demonstrate that the parts he created still exist within him, I think it's fair to say that he reverted to a state that is similar to a new level 3.

The question is if he can still be classified as a superhuman, or he is a human looking monster. Monsters don't evolve like superhumans do, so if he isn't a superhuman, the best way to classify him would probably be Class B with the potential to improve thanks to his unique power.

If he is a superhuman, I think it's fair to say that he is level 3.
Deryl is beyond normal classification. He is an abomination of magic science. With unclear rules.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Ella is gathering effigy's but thanks to Aglaecwif we know these are the hearts of pure descendants of the Apostles...
Valravn's heart was lost by Cole and given to Valravn by Deus. (and Deryl created a new one)
Ella also is holding a heart saying it's too soon to get corrupted, the heart is from the monster that birthed Goliath, or better Aglaecwif. Aglaecwif has the same parent as MC... Ella needs the hearts to summon the Apostles to Earth permanently, the kidnapping of twins is for the same reason... Before this update Ella already had 8 effigies/hearts... (4 to go?)

Right and there's a high possibility we have already encountered two of them. A bone finger in Alice's house (the seller was probably the Shopkeep), and another that Shadow gave to MC.
Alice father has the finger and used to have a fallus shaped one too, he got them from "a man with a top hat"... (Shopkeep)
(More importantly, in his basement is a complete monster, there's 10 fingers and 10 toes on that and then even more!) ;)
Shadow gives you a finger too. Shopkeep gives you either the horn or the eye... (the eye of another son of Aglaecwif)
There's also the "cracked mask" sold but not for sale by Shopkeep. And Ella's mysterious stone could be one too?
The rings/earrings Shopkeep "trades" with Amber and Liz could be something similar...

necromater

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Man what are we going on another fetch quest next update ? W.W Better give us another 3way with the twins; they are twins for fucks sake or a 3way with alice and tiff XD you know you wanna see it fellow perverts, or a reverse rape with alice jess and Tess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sayajin2205

Shadowdragon

May 6, 2017
I'm also a huge fan of the new memory powers. Now MC has two vectors of attack, one physical and one mental. However in discussions we have to focus on body powers because these are the most explored ones in game.

As for the dead end level 5 possessed MC, he only used the power to extract memories. He didn't attempt to copy any power or do anything other than basic inquiries about whoever he was looking for to become complete. I was a bit annoyed because if anything, using memory powers on Deus to break his concentration would be the perfect way to showcase them. Instead he fought using only the body powers. In fact he also got pwned by Alexis who turned his blades against him despite observing and touching her. The possessed MC is ultra dumb.
I think if one monsterfies when they try to evolve, they only end up with the powers that they had from the level they were at. MC doesn't use any of the mental powers that we see him use after his successful evolution between dead ends 36 and 37. More than that, if he did have the new mental powers, he wouldn't have had to eat parts of Goliath's brain, as Memory Echo allows him to see the memories of those he uses it against. Considering that our level 5 self was pretty concerned with becoming one with whomever they were looking for, it's reasonable - still stupid, but reasonable - that we just wanted to get Alexis out of the way as quickly as possible, and didn't consider checking how her powers work as we didn't need to kill her, just buy time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robotai

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I think if one monsterfies when they try to evolve, they only end up with the powers that they had from the level they were at. MC doesn't use any of the mental powers that we see him use after his successful evolution between dead ends 36 and 37. More than that, if he did have the new mental powers, he wouldn't have had to eat parts of Goliath's brain, as Memory Echo allows him to see the memories of those he uses it against. Considering that our level 5 self was pretty concerned with becoming one with whomever they were looking for, it's reasonable - still stupid, but reasonable - that we just wanted to get Alexis out of the way as quickly as possible, and didn't consider checking how her powers work as we didn't need to kill her, just buy time.
This is a good theory and ticks a lot of boxes, but I have a few reasons to believe that this isn't the case.

First things first, while I have some strong opinions about this deadend and I like to call the Eye dumb, I think that the dev introduced it more for lore exposition or even the "cool factor" and less to showcase what the MC would look like at level 5. In fact I think that level 5 MC will be way stronger. With that out of the way, these are my arguments:

1) While I'm not sure if it's a monsterification, the MC loses himself in the first deadend of the game, if he fights the cafe thugs without training. He unlocks two powers, the corpse consumption and his tail (a level 2 power). He is also controlled by his tail. While he still can reason, his tail is killing people left and right. This isn't very unlike to what happened to Deryl, athough it expressed itself differently and there was an evolution involved.

2) The Memory is capable of reading memories without touch or some other link, something that MC eventually managed to approximate at level 3 with Memory Echo. Xanthe says that past level 2, the superhuman can surpass the monster parent depending on how powerful it is. This may mean overall power, but it could also mean that they can improve on the abilities inherited.

3) I don't think that this is a normal monsterification. When Superhumans monsterify, they don't become their monster parents. They just change and lose a lot of their capacity for reason, at least the way we understand it as humans. This case is more like a possession. The being that flies around throwing pillars of tentacles, killing and consuming monsters etc, is the Eye, not the MC.

And my theory is this:

Monsterified superhumans can use whatever abilities their monster parent gave them assuming that they have enough power to use them. Through their evolutions, superhumans can surpass the monster parents and unlock new abilities, which are tied to their unique genetics and upbringing.

The Eye being the parent of both Body and Memory is fully capable of using the range of abilities that it's children can use. One reason it doesn't has to do with it's confusion due to the circumstances that brought it into existence and general irritation due to the environment which doesn't allow it to think clearly and continues to use whatever is familiar to the body it controls.

The other reason has to do with the dev not trying to be super consistent in the dead ends.

Reactions: AnonymousMouse

Shadowdragon

May 6, 2017
This is a good theory and ticks a lot of boxes, but I have a few reasons to believe that this isn't the case.

First things first, while I have some strong opinions about this deadend and I like to call the Eye dumb, I think that the dev introduced it more for lore exposition or even the "cool factor" and less to showcase what the MC would look like at level 5. In fact I think that level 5 MC will be way stronger. With that out of the way, these are my arguments:

1) While I'm not sure if it's a monsterification, the MC loses himself in the first deadend of the game, if he fights the cafe thugs without training. He unlocks two powers, the corpse consumption and his tail (a level 2 power). He is also controlled by his tail. While he still can reason, his tail is killing people left and right. This isn't very unlike to what happened to Deryl, athough it expressed itself differently and there was an evolution involved.

2) The Memory is capable of reading memories without touch or some other link, something that MC eventually managed to approximate at level 3 with Memory Echo. Xanthe says that past level 2, the superhuman can surpass the monster parent depending on how powerful it is. This may mean overall power, but it could also mean that they can improve on the abilities inherited.

3) I don't think that this is a normal monsterification. When Superhumans monsterify, they don't become their monster parents. They just change and lose a lot of their capacity for reason, at least the way we understand it as humans. This case is more like a possession. The being that flies around throwing pillars of tentacles, killing and consuming monsters etc, is the Eye, not the MC.

And my theory is this:

Monsterified superhumans can use whatever abilities their monster parent gave them assuming that they have enough power to use them. Through their evolutions, superhumans can surpass the monster parents and unlock new abilities, which are tied to their unique genetics and upbringing.

The Eye being the parent of both Body and Memory is fully capable of using the range of abilities that it's children can use. One reason it doesn't has to do with it's confusion due to the circumstances that brought it into existence and general irritation due to the environment which doesn't allow it to think clearly and continues to use whatever is familiar to the body it controls.

The other reason has to do with the dev not trying to be super consistent in the dead ends.
I definitely agree that level 5 MC will be much stronger than we are in this dead end, we can still gain new powers from our level 4 evolution after all. However, to your first point, corpse consumption and the tail could be argued as not being new powers. Corpse consumption would just be a more whole usage of our brain eating power we can use when we win the fight, and the tail only came out at our level 2 evolution because we noticed how our power has two focal points, the brain and the tailbone during the evolution trance. We may well have been able to construct the tail in our first evolution if we had noticed earlier, though at a very large consumption of power at that stage. To the second point, my understanding of that one is that it means in terms of pure power, not in abilities. To clarify, not everyone will have the full range of power that their monster has, and those powers may be different, like Oscars Red, Amber, and Green lights, but depending on the level of monster, the sooner that one will obtain power that can exceed their monster parent. Most but not all will likely exceed their monster parent's power by level 3, but those like MC, Alice, or any other Apostles close descendent will likely not be anywhere near close to that level of power. I do agree that this is an abnormal monsterfication, (if it even is one, as it's mentioned in the dead end that your body is on it's fifth evolution) as the MC is swallowed by his Origin and not just a monster version of himself.

My counter to your theory is this:

Monsterfied superhumans are capable of using whatever powers they had before they lost their sanity and became monsters. Their monster parent gives them a base to work with, and they branch off in new ways based on their unique genetic and psychological build, but never straying outside of what their foundation is. In other words, a superhuman with a monster parent that controls heat can control cold, but cannot control water like it does heat. This is because cold is just a lack of heat, whereas controlling water would require a completely different type of power.

The Eye is capable of connecting you directly to the Higher Plane, allowing you to forcefully obtain your level 5 evolution due to being in an evolutionary state, however, you are no longer the psyche in control, it is The Eye. The Eye is desperate to reunite with the other being, as if it does not do that soon, it shall become unstable and lose it's ability to stay in our world. As such it uses it's powers in the most efficient way possible in order to quickly obtain the other being it needs to stay as a being capable of directly interfering with the world.

I do think your interpretation is an interesting one though.

Reactions: EndlessNights

Robotai

Dec 6, 2020
Given how powerful the level 5's are, it almost seems hard to believe that there could be monsters strong enough to truly challenge them.
Even the eye in that dead end was scared of Malik.
Not to mention Deus's power, even at level 4.
I hope there are limits to his powers. If he can just go back in time and smother a baby in its crib to prevent a present day troublemaker there really is no greater power.

4.80 star(s) 367 Votes