Mod Ren'Py SuperPowered: Radioactive [v0.45.03-RA12] [T.Geiger]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

NomadMaster

Nov 4, 2018
I was told to post this here. Did not know before hand. Sorry.
Not sure if it is a bug, or something I did, but with the newest build plus redioactive, I could not use the female combat forms. They did not show up in the fights. Hope someone with an answer and a fix for this, sees this.

Reactions: jimdandy

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Not sure if it is a bug, or something I did, but with the newest build plus redioactive, I could not use the female combat forms. They did not show up in the fights.
While I did miss the cheat blocker for the female forms this time around (corrected for next release), it wouldn't make any difference anyway. The "unstable" buttons are blocked due to a base-game coding error. (An "if" needs to be an "elif".) I have reproduced the error in the base-game.

As this is not a catastrophic bug, I will be leaving it intact.

NomadMaster

Nov 4, 2018
While I did miss the cheat blocker for the female forms this time around (corrected for next release), it wouldn't make any difference anyway. The "unstable" buttons are blocked due to a base-game coding error. (An "if" needs to be an "elif".) I have reproduced the error in the base-game.

As this is not a catastrophic bug, I will be leaving it intact.
Can anyone fix this or is it better just to wait for the next updates?

Wistil

Sep 9, 2018
Don't know why, master check is at 20x and work still not critical success ?
If it Janitor, I can confirm Stoicism 1 or greater is needed to get the critical success. Wasn't getting it with Stoicism 0, multiple tries.

Reactions: bbnn

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Can anyone fix this or is it better just to wait for the next updates?
I won't distribute a fix for it because it will create technical support issues. However, if you would like to fix the copy on your hard drive:
  • Open up game\combat\screen_combat.rpy in a text editor.
  • Search for the lines that begin with if combat_menu == "KSIS".
  • Change the if to elif. Do not change the indent.
  • There are three lines you need to change. There are also three lines that might match that already start with elif. Skip those.
  • (No longer needed) You will also need to fix the cheater lockout (since I haven't distributed that yet). Search for player.power_APP == 3.
  • Change the == in the middle there to >=.
  • There are three lines to fix, very close in position to the "if" lines. (They might even be on screen at the same time.)
  • Restart the game, or press Shift+F3 if the game is already started (Radioactive only).
See addendum.

Last edited:

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Line numbers
832, 865, 898: if | elif
821, 854, 887: APP == 3 | APP >= 3
(Didn't even know you could add colors, very helpful (y) )

Reactions: NomadMaster

NomadMaster

Nov 4, 2018
Line numbers
832, 865, 898: if | elif
821, 854, 887: APP == 3 | APP >= 3
(Didn't even know you could add colors, very helpful (y) )
You're info helped, but the unstable majestic form goofed up after making the fixes. I could not input commands, got knocked out, then it gave me three choices: Retry/go again, I win, or I lose. Why was this?

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Line numbers
While I appreciate you being helpful, please don't distribute fixes in my thread for something I said I wouldn't distribute. (The line number info is fine, please just remove the file.)

the unstable majestic form goofed up after making the fixes. I could not input commands, got knocked out, then it gave me three choices: Retry/go again, I win, or I lose. Why was this?
If you are asking about UMF, I can't answer that without more information. You should be able to roll back the edits by just reapplying Radioactive from the archive.

If you mean the post fight choices, that is part of the Fightmaster feature. It is listed in the OP under SLDR.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
While I appreciate you being helpful, please don't distribute fixes in my thread for something I said I wouldn't distribute. (The line number info is fine, please just remove the file.)
Figured since it didn't directly come from you, the responsibility would land on me if things went south as a result. My apologies, as I understand your view very well.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Great Mod!!!

I found one error:
While testing the game a little bit. If you choose Maximum Overdrive and have already 'Well Endowed', when the polymorph-window opens where you chose the transformations, this window opens one time to often and you can't leave it anymore, because all transformations are chosen. (Last two transformations windows do open only if you sleep once.)

Is it possible to change the X-Ray? Maybe click on the screen to end it? Because if you play the game you may want to see it.

Thanks, I never play games with grinding without mods reducing the stupid grinding. And even with the mod the grindfest is still unbearable. :-(

I wonder where I could find to reduce the number of experience points needed to increase a skill?
Also where to change that a job or date does not advance the time?
(The day is much longer and I hate it that there is not more time to do more things.)
And to increase the charm automatically 10 times of the normal charm.
I can't find in which files those are set.
I only found out so far how to reduce the costs for powers at globex.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
I wonder where I could find to reduce the number of experience points needed to increase a skill?
Also where to change that a job or date does not advance the time?
(The day is much longer and I hate it that there is not more time to do more things.)
And to increase the charm automatically 10 times of the normal charm.
XP:
label person_training
label person_MCtraining
label ClassName_class_crit (loc_school.rpy)

For time you can in most cases swap adv_time for time_reset and remove advance_time_flag, but things will break in many cases. Test and see.

You can increase gains from powers in loc_globex.rpy

Reactions: Sothyr

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
SP 0.35.00
You need to update your game (and Radioactive).

If you choose Maximum Overdrive and have already 'Well Endowed', when the polymorph-window opens where you chose the transformations, this window opens one time to often and you can't leave it anymore, because all transformations are chosen. (Last two transformations windows do open only if you sleep once.)
This has already been corrected. You need to update Radioactive (and possibly the game). Check the Load/Save menu for the version numbers.

Is it possible to change the X-Ray? Maybe click on the screen to end it? Because if you play the game you may want to see it.
I am not sure what you are asking me.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
I am not sure what you are asking me.
"X-Ray Vision cycles only once and for a shorter time."

For someone who never saw this, it is very short. To short to read the messages, especially as non-native speaker and to see the pictures. :)

Instead of ending it automatically, is it possible to end it with a mouse click?

I didn't saw the M.O. issue was updated. :) I will check the update and test Maximum Overdriver again.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
"X-Ray Vision cycles only once and for a shorter time."
\game\screen\screen_xray.rpy
define xray_count
define xray_duration
define xray_fade_dur
define xray_stay_dur

If you meant that it shows only for a short time and don't repeat for that scene, change the above. If you meant that it can only be used once per day, then look at xray_active = True.

Reactions: T.Geiger and Sothyr

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
You need to update your game (and Radioactive).
That's odd b/c I downloaded all the files the same day that I got this mod. The zip file I got from the official game showed the latest one. I guess I need to download some extra file then?

Edit:
Oh there is patches I totally didn't see to use. That's on me. Will do that then and might have to start over. Thank you for pointing that out. I thought it was odd that the base file I downloaded wasn't latest one. Didn't realize there are extra patches on the official thread for that build.

Edit2:
Radioactive I downloaded it from here after July 11th so I already had latest one. Which might explain the bug itself. B/c I was using latest mod version on older version of game. That I totally didn't realize that it had some specific patches. Once again thank you for pointing that out. Love this mod btw. It's an amazing addition to the game in itself.

Edit3:
Also I just realized something. the base file you get superpowered from and with radioactive mod installed it showed green check mark that all the files were correct and not modified. I guess it doesn't realize that the core game files weren't matched up with proper version of this mod ;)

Last edited:

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Scene3_16obsessivenoflytaboo
Base-game error. Missing a 6 after obsessive vs the actual file name.

Instead of ending it automatically, is it possible to end it with a mouse click?
Sort of. I would have to stop the animation in the middle. The whole fade in/out is the animation. That is the sort of thing that should have a setting though, and I'm not going to do all that for such a minor change.

Also, if you think the view time is too short in Radioactive, you should see the epilepsy-inducing original.

Cmann mentioned where to find the variables for the animation. The main value you will want to play with there is xray_duration.

What does Psychosism: Multi?
See OP.

Which might explain the bug itself. B/c I was using latest mod version on older version of game.
No, you had a missing image error. The image was added in one of the patches.

I guess it doesn't realize that the core game files weren't matched up with proper version of this mod
It does a checksum of the loose files that the mod is concerned with. Doing a checksum of the entire game (which has no loose files) would probably make the program take an extra minute or two (or ten) to open (it isn't small). This also wouldn't account for when a game update does not require a mod update. (I think that's happened... once.) Or when someone is using an alternate version of the game (crunched, recompiled, etc).

At any rate, that's why SuperPowered's version number is also listed in the Load/Save menu right above Radioactive. The user is expected to take some responsibility for making sure the installation is correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimdandy and Cmann

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I would have a hard time playing Superpowered without using Radioactive. I force myself to do it when I update my walkthrough but it's so much less fun... I do have 1 minor issue I still run into that I can't figure out whether something in Radioactive affects it or not. Certain events in the vanilla game can lead to Billy oversleeping. The most noticeable instances I've found are the neighborhood watch and the nympho scene with the sister on the couch at night.

I customized my get lucky settings a bit so I suspect there's probably a setting there that would fix this for me but I'm not sure what it is. I use Quad for master, normal for class and Tamara, and double for everything else. From what I've noticed in my current playthrough, Billy oversleeps some of the time but not all of the time when he does the neighborhood watch and ALL of the time if the nympho scene with the sister happens. Is there a setting tweak that would eliminate the oversleeping?

Edit: Out of curiousity since the neighborhood watch says it uses the master roll if you have those displayed I tried setting get lucky to x20 for Master and I still oversleep sometimes so maybe oversleeping has it's own roll. Not sure.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes