Mod Ren'Py SuperPowered: Radioactive [v0.45.03-RA12] [T.Geiger]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Basic release for SuperPowered 0.38.00.

0.38.00-RA1 (2020.01.22)
  • Partial version update. (Most new scenes missing hints, etc)
  • Released so people can get going if they don't care about hints, tracking, etc. RA2 will have the full update.

I apologize for the delay for a full release. I have been fighting insomnia for the past three weeks. Brainpower is in short supply, and updating this mod does require a little.

I have done some basic testing to make sure it runs after install, but I have not gotten too deep into it. If things go seriously haywire, let me know and I will pull the archive from the OP.
Take care of yourself first, always. Thanks for your work, but you don't owe us anything, least of all your health.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Full version update for SuperPowered 0.38.00.

0.38.00-RA2 (2020.01.24)
  • Version update.

Aside from the story, this version also features Larson's fetish, a new obsessive scene if both her and Mom's fetishes have been developed, a new jealousy scene (TV), and extensions to some of Mom and Sis's nympho scenes if the other is also nympho.

Take care of yourself first, always.
Thanks, I appreciate the sentiment. While I want you guys to have the latest version of the game, there are limits to when I will work on it. For example, I will not usually work on it over the weekend (except for bugfixes).

But when insomnia is hitting this hard, it is not an either-or kind of situation. The only thing not working on the mod accomplishes is that it does not get updated. There is not any extra sleep waiting in the wings based on my decision.

On the plus side, I may have broken insomnia's back Wednesday night. Managed to get 10 hours. Too early to tell if this session has drawn to a close just yet though.

Is anyone else having lag issues when hovering over the models and UI.
Not experiencing anything like that on this end, either with the official distribution or the one from the thread. Any other symptoms?

random78905

Sep 7, 2017
Would it be possible to add the ability to lock a characters stat to its current value like in the SFC mod? I really like that feature but when I tried to use both mods before it caused issues, so adding it to this mod would be great.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Not experiencing anything like that on this end, either with the official distribution or the one from the thread. Any other symptoms?
Disabling NPOT and selecting DirectX as renderer removes the extreme frame-lag caused by mouse movement on certain static screens(main menu and map travel at least).
This no longer works for me. OpenGL + NPOT disabled gives max FPS so long as mouse is not moved. Guessing the background is loaded every single interrupt called by the mouse, though except for a % increase in GPU utilization nothing stands out at all.
Fairly certain it is a core RenPy issue and not Superpowered.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Would it be possible to add the ability to lock a characters stat to its current value?
I might add it eventually, but it is not something I am working on at the moment.

This no longer works for me. OpenGL + NPOT disabled gives max FPS so long as mouse is not moved. Guessing the background is loaded every single interrupt called by the mouse, though except for a % increase in GPU utilization nothing stands out at all.
Fairly certain it is a core RenPy issue and not Superpowered.
The post you responded to in your quoted message claimed limiting the FPS resolved the problem for him. Have you tried that?

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
The post you responded to in your quoted message claimed limiting the FPS resolved the problem for him. Have you tried that?
Default all apps are capped at 141 for me. Tried uncapped/141/80/60 through Rivatuner, Nvidia and Renpy exclusively - no difference.
No increased disk IO
CPU utilization drops from 16% to 4-8%(No change in memory IO)
GPU utilization increasing to 10-15%(No change in memory load)
Vsync makes it worse
Initially FPS drops from 141(capped) to 60-80, slowly approaching 1fps - this resets when not moving the mouse.

DirectX render is currently unplayable, less than 1 fps.
Main menu splash screen is affected, however submenues like options are not.
Changing window size results in black screen with "0.38.00 Patreon" visible, and blue/red dotted mouse pointer. Negated by opening Shift+G, enabling NPOT, resizing, disabling NPOT and returning to game.

OpenGL render + core affinity set to 5 cores makes it barely noticeable(Still lags when mousing over items), doesn't work for DirectX render.
To make it even more fun, any app hook like RTSS/Ultramon or similar makes it worse. Only seen this issue with RenPy and SuperPowered v0.36+.

Last edited:

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Tried uncapped/141/80/60 through Rivatuner, Nvidia and Renpy exclusively - no difference.
So hitting 30/60 on the Shift-G screen did nothing?

My current laptop is some flavor of Nvidia RTX, 8 GB system memory. My screen is 4k. Was running HDR, but finally gave up the ghost on that this weekend because Windows handling of HDR is shit. Run RenPy games in maxed windows, not sure what res it is rendering at.

My prior laptop (switched out in October) had no issues, but I think that was before 0.36.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
So hitting 30/60 on the Shift-G screen did nothing?

My current laptop is some flavor of Nvidia RTX, 8 GB system memory. My screen is 4k. Was running HDR, but finally gave up the ghost on that this weekend because Windows handling of HDR is shit. Run RenPy games in maxed windows, not sure what res it is rendering at.
Yup!

Honestly have no clue what the actual cause is at this point, especially since it only seems to affect a handful of people. But since its working with a shortcut setting affinity at launch I'll leave it be. Going to do a clean W10 install in the near future either ways and guessing it will clean up what ever misconfiguration is causing this.
Got a new monitor a week ago with HDR, only to learn both HDR and its Gsync-implementation doesn't work in W7. Hoping the purchase was at least worth it for madVR playback, the main reason I got it ;)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes