Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
OP under the spoiler development roadmap is a rough changelog. Unsure exactly but this version is supposed to have more of the sister content and add in the combat system. Someone at one point posted an extended roadmap but that was months ago and I forgot to update the current roadmap.

Wolvez

May 16, 2017
When I try making a save all I get is this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 357, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\SP\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\SP\SP\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\SP\renpy\ui.py", line 285, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\SP\renpy\display\core.py", line 2526, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\SP\renpy\display\core.py", line 3204, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\SP\renpy\display\layout.py", line 960, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\SP\renpy\display\screen.py", line 651, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\SP\renpy\display\layout.py", line 232, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\SP\renpy\display\layout.py", line 232, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\SP\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 889, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "\SP\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 824, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "\SP\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 306, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 357, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "C:\SP\renpy\loadsave.py", line 286, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "C:\SP\renpy\loadsave.py", line 45, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
SP 0.17.01

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
if you have the option at the bottom hit ignore and it might go away and not be an issue.

Gogotaro

Aug 7, 2017
I donwnloaded the v0.17.01 PC modded from Mega but when unpacked it says 0.17.00 so... do i need to apply the patch or it is actually 0.17.01?

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
svscomics posted the modded version, I wonder where they got that... :p

@Thatguy : Since the modded patch is nothing more than porting @SLDR 's changes to the new version exactly as he wrote them, I can't very well open up my own thread for that (it's somebody else's creative work). You could link to the URL in my signature in the first post, should you feel like it.
As for Get Lucky, I have been considering giving it its own thread. However, this does force people to actually read back a few pages or miss out on the good stuff, doesn't it? :D
You think they'll give me modder-status?

@Ciri Thug : I think the posted by @wiridesc contains all unpacked files. That includes all the CG. Can't be certain, but it was posted not long after I on how to unpack all the files.

As for the 0.17.00-0.17.01 changes, it's just a few bugfixes, no new features, so nothing to mention. They looked like game-breaking bugs though, so make sure to run on 0.17.01. See one line below for the 0.17.00 changelog.

@jayray369 : Check for the changes from 0.16.50 to 0.17.00. As for your error, the files causing the issue are not touched by any mods, so your issue is likely somewhere on your end. Check your %AppData%\Renpy or %AppData%\Roaming\Renpy for the savegames as well as the game directory itself. Maybe it's somewhere there.

@Gogotaro : Without knowing exactly which version you've downloaded, all I can do is say that you can safely install the modded 0.17.01 patch from the post in my signature, provided you indeed have 0.17.00 (which you indicated). The patch will update the version number.

@barry509 : The Android versions haven't been updated in a long time, and I have no idea how to compile for Android. Sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: setter6

Gogotaro

Aug 7, 2017
svscomics posted the modded version, I wonder where they got that... :p

@Thatguy : Since the modded patch is nothing more than porting @SLDR 's changes to the new version exactly as he wrote them, I can't very well open up my own thread for that (it's somebody else's creative work). You could link to the URL in my signature in the first post, should you feel like it.
As for Get Lucky, I have been considering giving it its own thread. However, this does force people to actually read back a few pages or miss out on the good stuff, doesn't it? :D
You think they'll give me modder-status?

@Ciri Thug : I think the posted by @wiridesc contains all unpacked files. That includes all the CG. Can't be certain, but it was posted not long after I on how to unpack all the files.

As for the 0.17.00-0.17.01 changes, it's just a few bugfixes, no new features, so nothing to mention. They looked like game-breaking bugs though, so make sure to run on 0.17.01. See one line below for the 0.17.00 changelog.

@jayray369 : Check for the changes from 0.16.50 to 0.17.00. As for your error, the files causing the issue are not touched by any mods, so your issue is likely somewhere on your end. Check your %AppData%\Renpy or %AppData%\Roaming\Renpy for the savegames as well as the game directory itself. Maybe it's somewhere there.

@Gogotaro : Without knowing exactly which version you've downloaded, all I can do is say that you can safely install the modded 0.17.01 patch from the post in my signature, provided you indeed have 0.17.00 (which you indicated). The patch will update the version number.

@barry509 : The Android versions haven't been updated in a long time, and I have no idea how to compile for Android. Sorry.
I downloaded the one that says v0.17.01 PC modded on the first page from mega, but like i said at the moment of extraction itsays 0.17.00

Thanador

May 2, 2017
Anyone able to help me? it says i need to tutor freddy but i cannot find him?

Also i am struggling to find how i find characters fetishes?

please help

Last edited:

Thanador

May 2, 2017
how do you control the teacher again because when i try to use my powers on her to suppress her professionalism she tells me to stop staring at her same thing goes with using the other powers
I think you need to make sure you have your abilities at rank 3 and be sure to have your energy high. If you use mind control without having the brainwipe ability on people get more suspicious when near you and avoid certain things

zecon

Jun 2, 2017
I downloaded the one that says v0.17.01 PC modded on the first page from mega, but like i said at the moment of extraction itsays 0.17.00
Did u see the difference ? (on the top right corner) :

On the left (no Hotfix) - On the right (Hotfix)

P.S. I don't use modded version.

Reactions: Gogotaro

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Sorry. Stupid question again. Where can I download SLDR's modded version of 0.16.5. And how do I cheat to increase the influences?
All versions posted here are Modded by the incredible SLDR including 17.01 its on front page of this thread

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Is it just me or did the resolution change? I feel like fullscreen use to take up the whole screen but now I have bars on the side.

Reactions: hiwarren1

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
@DarkPhilosopher your stuff is good enough IMO to earn you a modder tag I know its SDLR edits but still contains lots of work by you
Also you rightly respect SDLR's work

3.20 star(s) 140 Votes