DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
Hey there. Thanks for your comment :)
I will try to keep my sandboxes and mini-games simple since a lot of people dislike them. I'm currently working on a newer version of the game and I significantly improved my renders and they come out even better than they were. I learned a lot by doing the first version of the game :)
Yeah I understand you still want to have a certain appeal/reach for your first game. I can respect that. And good to hear, I don't doubt it at all! Really looking forward to playing more! :)

SpaceBall1

I knew it...I'm surrounded by assholes!
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2020
Do the girls get groped or fucked by the zombies? Or is it just another save/protect my loved ones and have sex with them, wash, rinse, and repeat game?

LostKing

Jul 20, 2020
I guess I'll be the odd one out to say I enjoy sandbox games. I hate games that blow straight through the story and are just a single path to follow with no choices. Sandbox makes it more interactive. Makes me feel like i Have more control over the character like an actual video game.
I'm with you there. Love sandbox games. Some are implemented badly though.

Reactions: aze123451

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
Another one, lets get past the BS virus crap and get some good games rolling filled with romance and intrigues. With wholesome real value life situations. Also you need a graphic violence and monster tag based on the headline photo. One of the main reason this game will go on ignore. however Best of luck to you.

DogzBallz

Sep 30, 2021
I am surprised that so many people dislike sandboxes and mini-games. I was trying to add more interactivity to the game and that is something that I appreciate in other games.
However, your feedback is really important and I want to satisfy the majority of you. That's why I created a poll that will decide the fate of these elements in the game.

Use the links below to vote

I'm a little surprised by the amount of dislike of sandbox elements, though recently I've discovered why as I've played a couple of VN / games where the sandbox elements were done badly. I spent the whole time wondering wtf I was meant to be doing.

I plan on putting sandbox elements within my VN/game, but I am going make them skippable, aside from that I am going to make sure they are straight forward enough as to be a fun diversion / interaction, without being confusing and grindy.

Mar 13, 2018
leave it as it is and if you can make it as a romantic comedy as possible, sad is fine but not too much.
7/10 will rate more depending on how it goes
good job

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Missing Handjob tag.

Sandbox mechanics are nice but underused, the choices also feel pretty useless so far since regardless of what you pick you get the same scene so it's almost a contender for the Kinetic Novel tag but there isn't enough content to know where this really is going to so I would recommend waiting for a few more updates before trying this out.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I am surprised that so many people dislike sandboxes and mini-games. I was trying to add more interactivity to the game and that is something that I appreciate in other games.
However, your feedback is really important and I want to satisfy the majority of you. That's why I created a poll that will decide the fate of these elements in the game.

Use the links below to vote

You should add planned tags/ content for the game (in the spoiler tag genre not the op tags).
Also as long the sandbox is not tedious and easy to travel and there is a quest log it shouldn't bother most of us, the minigames are clearly something that needs a "skip" button for those that don't like it, good luck with the game.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Sandbox isn't normally the problem, usually it's because it's been poorly implemented. Then people are afraid of it so any mention of sandbox is almost as bad as ---. Now personally, I'm not a big fan of minigames and will usually skip when possible but I love well done sandbox games, either with instruction or so clear cut that it isn't needed.

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
I prefer my games to be games.

Make your mini games as hard as you want, but just add a button so people can skip them. You will never make them easy enough for the people that just want to skip all the dialog and all the mini-games so they can see the images.

A portion of the people that hate sandbox only want to hit skip and have no interest in your story what-so-ever as they just want to see your images/animations (when you have them).

In the end you should make the game you want to make. You can't listen too much to the back seat drivers. They will always complain no matter what you do. People complain that Harem Hotel is too complicated, for instance. The haters are ever present.

You have to spend a LOT more time with your game then we do. So make the game you want, otherwise you will burn out.

If you decide you don't like sandbox or mini games then change it. Just make sure you do what you want.

I feel sorry for designers. An endless sea of complaints and sometimes outright hatred. People are assholes, and even more so on this pirate site.

Good luck.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes