RPGM Survival in Draconia [v0.5] [s1ck]

3.30 star(s) 8 Votes

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
It's not just that it's AI images; it's lazy, unedited AI images over stock RPGmaker assets.

There's a big difference between throwing in AI images and calling it a day and painstakingly painting over and fixing the images. Where do we draw the line as far as an "AI" tag goes? Would a game with AI-generated backgrounds be tagged as AI? What about a competently designed game where all the AI art has been carefully painted over and improved? What if it's AI generated but you can't tell it's AI generated because of how competent and well-crafted it is?

The real problem here is the lazy implementation. There will always be lazy titles that throw together random assets here on F95zone, but as with any tool, all it takes is a talented developer to take these techniques and innovate upon them to create your next favorite.

Don't let a few bad games cause you to write off an entire type of media that's full of potential. (y)

MeiiChan

Dec 21, 2019
Don't let a few bad games cause you to write off an entire type of media that's full of potential. (y)
You'd hope that a person using A.I. generated art of any kind would specify it and not attempt to pass it off as their own creation. No matter how much 'editing' has been done.
I disagree. I'll remain soured on A.I. generated art until I've seen the artist whose work it's obviously been trained on give their approval.
That's just me as salty bad artist. A.I. art doesn't look bad (it shouldn't it's based on amazing talent). So if you love what you see please enjoy it and if the project it attached to is great. Even better.

is that profile picture your artwork? its pretty
Not even close. I wish I could draw that well lol.

See you called yourself a bad artist and if that was your art I was gonna be peeved and jealous lol

With time and effort you will definitely be able to make something of that calibre and even better,
don't let the AI stuff let you down, there will always be people that appreciate human art that has emotions, effort, and shows life experience behind it
A.I. art is still in it's infancy and it's pretty amazing. It also can be trained to replicate specific artist styles. I can't imagine many artist won't be discouraged going forward. I can't even imagine what art/artworks will be just 3 years from now. I don't doubt that they'll forever be appreciation for authentic art.
I just doubt that new people with a talent for art wont be put off pursuing their passion because of it.

Last edited:

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
It's not just that it's AI images; it's lazy, unedited AI images over stock RPGmaker assets.

There's a big difference between throwing in AI images and calling it a day and painstakingly painting over and fixing the images. Where do we draw the line as far as an "AI" tag goes? Would a game with AI-generated backgrounds be tagged as AI? What about a competently designed game where all the AI art has been carefully painted over and improved? What if it's AI generated but you can't tell it's AI generated because of how competent and well-crafted it is?

The real problem here is the lazy implementation. There will always be lazy titles that throw together random assets here on F95zone, but as with any tool, all it takes is a talented developer to take these techniques and innovate upon them to create your next favorite.

As someone who has no qualms about AI art:
Yea its why I compared it to the ntr tag on f95, not so much the content of the tag, but moreso the reception of people can be either positive or very negative.
And the fact that theres always an argument of what is considered part of that tag's genre, much like what you said about what to consider in an AI tag.

If the mods of f95 discuss it, they can probably come up with their own definition for an "AI Art" tag, it'll still get arguments over if a game is really considered AI or not, but it would control the amount of hate in these forums, since the people that dislike it can just not play it, instead of commenting "ew AI i hate it get it off this site", which adds no actual constructive criticism to the game.

Personally I think games that have non-modified AI character art, should be considered AI. Backgrounds being AI doesn't impact experience nearly as much imo, since we aren't seeing the environment getting fucked lol, and it can still be better than the stock images or blank/simple backgrounds that a lot of people use.

Of course again, the definition of the tag would be for the f95 mods to decide, but I really do think we need one, at least to remove the haters who aren't open to new things. If people are interested, they will show interest regardless of the tag

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
You'd hope that a person using A.I. generated art of any kind would specify it and not attempt to pass it off as their own creation. No matter how much 'editing' has been done.
I disagree. I'll remain soured on A.I. generated art until I've seen the artist whose work it's obviously been trained on give their approval.
That's just me as salty bad artist. A.I. art doesn't look bad (it shouldn't it's based on amazing talent). So if you love what you see please enjoy it and if the project it attached to is great. Even better.
is that profile picture your artwork? its pretty

Reactions: MeiiChan

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Not even close. I wish I could draw that well lol.
See you called yourself a bad artist and if that was your art I was gonna be peeved and jealous lol

With time and effort you will definitely be able to make something of that calibre and even better,
don't let the AI stuff let you down, there will always be people that appreciate human art that has emotions, effort, and shows life experience behind it

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
theres people that go into femdom games and yell because its femdom
theres people that go into ntr games and yell because its ntr
tags dont prevent stupid people from being stupid
as for getting an AI tag, goodluck lol.

I appreciate hand-drawn art alot more than AI art, but I can still appreciate a story regardless of it has AI art, or no art.
its all up to the players prefrence, I can play a HTML text based with no art and still enjoy it much much more than any game with 3cdcg/daz/renders ect

I played through the entire game and enjoyed it, its well done so far, although the art does look out of place (like I said I prefer hand-drain art) its still a better attempt than the games that used copy/pasted pictures off of google and direct rips off of other peoples hentai doujins ect

kingra

Jul 20, 2017
As someone who has no qualms about AI art:
Yea its why I compared it to the ntr tag on f95, not so much the content of the tag, but moreso the reception of people can be either positive or very negative.
It's inaccurate to say the dislike for ai art is like the dislike for NTR. It'd be more accurate to say the dislike is like peoples dislike for MTL's.

People can see the writing on the wall as a result of MTL "translations" that the low barrier of entry will result in a lot of lazy people pushing barebones stuff out in order to attempt to make money off of it without putting any real effort into it.

Which isn't to say you CAN'T put effort into this stuff or that it's all trash, just that there will be people who WON'T.
Just look at the the game this thread is for if you want an example of that. It's a stock RPG maker game with unedited ai images and a patreon. It is an EXACT example of what I'm talking about.

ChuruchuchuX

Jan 3, 2020

Another salty artist here and yeah, A.I. had to be trained on pieces of work from people who did not give consent to it, even if the person using it isn't benefiting from it monetarily, it still is unfair to those artists. Crediting others in your project as a creator is SO important and A.I. makes it impossible.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
It's inaccurate to say the dislike for ai art is like the dislike for NTR. It'd be more accurate to say the dislike is like peoples dislike for MTL's.

People can see the writing on the wall as a result of MTL "translations" that the low barrier of entry will result in a lot of lazy people pushing barebones stuff out in order to attempt to make money off of it without putting any real effort into it.

Which isn't to say you CAN'T put effort into this stuff or that it's all trash, just that there will be people who WON'T.
Just look at the the game this thread is for if you want an example of that. It's a stock RPG maker game with unedited ai images and a patreon. It is an EXACT example of what I'm talking about.
i wasnt comparing it to ntr itself, moreso to the ntr tag's usecase which can apply to use of an AI tag
can be used to filter out stuff like this, as well as make it blacklisted for ppl that dont want to see it whatsoever, regardless of if its good or not (tho this would also warrant a case for honey select and daz3d tags, which again theres good or bad, but will help filter nonetheless)

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
theres people that go into femdom games and yell because its femdom
theres people that go into ntr games and yell because its ntr
tags dont prevent stupid people from being stupid
as for getting an AI tag, goodluck lol.

I appreciate hand-drawn art alot more than AI art, but I can still appreciate a story regardless of it has AI art, or no art.
its all up to the players prefrence, I can play a HTML text based with no art and still enjoy it much much more than any game with 3cdcg/daz/renders ect

I played through the entire game and enjoyed it, its well done so far, although the art does look out of place (like I said I prefer hand-drain art) its still a better attempt than the games that used copy/pasted pictures off of google and direct rips off of other peoples hentai doujins ect
yea i 100% know it will still happen, cant control stupid and blind ppl, but imagine how many ppl that disliked ntr and femdom didnt go into the thread to complain
it wont stop all of them, but itll stop something

Reactions: Jrar and bazelgeuse

danteuiuiuiui

Jan 1, 2018
Once people actually learn how to prompt, use model mixing / new models / tech and put in some work, AI assisted game creation is going to be awesome. Unfortunately, at the moment all we're getting is base NovelAI and people who have no idea what they're doing.

• Sad
Reactions: Apice

RiM

Aug 5, 2017
Dlsite has "AI-generated" and "Partial AI Use" tags for quite some time, but who will moderate it and which of the developers will tell the truth?

Reactions: Apice

ohellno1

May 25, 2018
Ye it was qutie fun demo but one problem when you go upstairs at the Inn you can't go back stairs just don't work

3.30 star(s) 8 Votes